• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

http://www.gamespot....vealed-6408850?

Oh wow. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

Oh my. :o Microsoft is really being greedy for money. But they're more upfront about it, lol.

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

And people said Wii U games were expensive....

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

And people said Wii U games were expensive....

I...don't think anybody has said that. They are the same price as most PS360 games, after all.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

"Retail sources claim Microsoft and publishers will take a percentage of every used game; rumored preowned activation fee could be £35."

It's a rumour and it's GBP converted to USD.
It seems like they're doing Online Passes, except for the entire game, not just use of online servers, so probably won't be more than the $10 you people pay already to EA.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

I heard that there really are no "used" games. It was basically just full retail prices and that's it. You "sell" your copy to your friend, he still has to buy the full game for the full price.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

"Retail sources claim Microsoft and publishers will take a percentage of every used game; rumored preowned activation fee could be £35."

It's a rumour and it's GBP converted to USD.
It seems like they're doing Online Passes, except for the entire game, not just use of online servers, so probably won't be more than the $10 you people pay already to EA.

Only for resold games.  If you lend a game, they have to buy it as if it were new.  This may be what they are working out with gamestop to stop the bleeding.  But certain retailers and microsoft will be the only outlet.  You can't resell on amazon, craigslist, lend games to friends, eBay, etc, without having to repurchase the game entirely.  Theyre going with the "its new for you" tact.

#8 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

I...don't think anybody has said that. They are the same price as most PS360 games, after all.

Not here they ain't. o3o

FmEkJ2.gif

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

That's beyond ridiculous. $10-$15 max is crazy enough.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

$3 better than Gamestop!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

This could mean that selling a game will bring you almost no money. If they give me 30€ for one game and then have to add a 35 on top, it won`t sell - might as well buy new.

So, expect well below 30 for your games at stores.

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

now to wait to see if sony does similar. they avoided the question according to the bottom, but i cant see them going anywhere near as bad as MS.

X1 has a good chance to be a joke, doesnt help if you faceplant right at the start line, then take a machine gun to your legs right after. Sony started fine, Ninty had a gang with bats waiting for them right after start.

#13 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:39 AM

might as well give out free xbox one games at gamestop

794144.png?13383682

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Oh my. :o Microsoft is really being greedy for money. But they're more upfront about it, lol.

Why do you think EA is buddy buddy with MS?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

now to wait to see if sony does similar. they avoided the question according to the bottom, but i cant see them going anywhere near as bad as MS.

X1 has a good chance to be a joke, doesnt help if you faceplant right at the start line, then take a machine gun to your legs right after. Sony started fine, Ninty had a gang with bats waiting for them right after start.

It makes you think doesn`t it?

If there is no nes on the subject, why not confirm it right away that nothing has changed?

But, if they are waiting for their time to reveal the same plan as MS, then they are going to be it just as bad but after they started well, whereas in MS`s case, they can only go up (E3 games conference).

#16 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

i don't like this at all

#17 Xef

Xef

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Guys if any of you buy the X1, make an account for each game! this way you can loan/sell it to a friend with that one account! :D

#18 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Only for resold games.  If you lend a game, they have to buy it as if it were new.  This may be what they are working out with gamestop to stop the bleeding.  But certain retailers and microsoft will be the only outlet.  You can't resell on amazon, craigslist, lend games to friends, eBay, etc, without having to repurchase the game entirely.  Theyre going with the "its new for you" tact.

lol, total BS. I get their logic, it's stupid, but I get it. What a bizarre world this is becoming, where it's legal to put restrictions on someones property. Although I guess people would say it's not really your property, you're just paying for the rights to use it. What a joke

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

lol, total BS. I get their logic, it's stupid, but I get it. What a bizarre world this is becoming, where it's legal to put restrictions on someones property. Although I guess people would say it's not really your property, you're just paying for the rights to use it. What a joke

It actually technically isn't, it denies consumers their rights under the fist sale doctrine

#20 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

(Oh I hate the mobile site)
Xef that may just be the way to go. Unless you care about achievements.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!