YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

UDPATE;

Xbox One games will require regular authentication checks, used games won't have a fee

http://www.polygon.c...ecks-used-games

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

lol, total BS. I get their logic, it's stupid, but I get it. What a bizarre world this is becoming, where it's legal to put restrictions on someones property. Although I guess people would say it's not really your property, you're just paying for the rights to use it. What a joke

Its not me just saying its going to happen now. ITS FREAKING HAPPENING, AND IF THEY SEE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT IT WONT STOP HERE.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 May 2013 - 02:31 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Its not me just saying its going to happen now. ITS FREAKING HAPPENING, AND IF THEY SEE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT IT WONT STOP HERE.

1984 here we come

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

This just in! Wii U sales go up 223%!

#25 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

It makes you think doesn`t it?

If there is no nes on the subject, why not confirm it right away that nothing has changed?

But, if they are waiting for their time to reveal the same plan as MS, then they are going to be it just as bad but after they started well, whereas in MS`s case, they can only go up (E3 games conference).

personly i think sony has ruffly a 30% chance of going MS's used game rought, but they might do something to cut down on it. 

as for the analegy, that one just came to me.

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

UDPATE;

Xbox One games will require regular authentication checks, used games won't have a fee

http://www.polygon.c...ecks-used-games

Damage control.

We will have to wait for e3 for some more answers.

Because ms really, really hurt the Xbox brand with that. Badly.

And everything from the original "deal with it" line to goldfarbs aggressive invading of personal space (though not fully appearing madwhile saying "thats the world we live in" while not denying the mandatory online check ins)with keighly afterward when asked about always on, to contradictory statements by many ms reps... Its obvious they want to be dearth vader. But when no one buys their stuff, they have to give in. Basically they ruined purchase intent for the consumer for what appears to be a decent console.

#27 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Ewwwwww I don't even want to touch this aweful console at all. I'll admit I've run out of things to say about it, it is so bad.....

#28 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

personly i think sony has ruffly a 30% chance of going MS's used game rought, but they might do something to cut down on it. 

as for the analegy, that one just came to me.

Feeling inspired, huh? :D

This is becoming confusing: some say it will require a fee, others that it won`t. Sheesh!

I founf it strange the lack of Sony`s comment on this, but, let`s see.

#29 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

i think MS is simply going to add the fee to the sale's price. if oyu buy from MS or from say gamestop the fee is already in the price, but if oyu buy from some random person, there may be a fee. 

as for sony, i think sony is trying to be as far away from EA, DRM, and other strongly frowned on gaming things as possible.

#30 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

i think MS is simply going to add the fee to the sale's price. if oyu buy from MS or from say gamestop the fee is already in the price, but if oyu buy from some random person, there may be a fee. 

as for sony, i think sony is trying to be as far away from EA, DRM, and other strongly frowned on gaming things as possible.

All Sony has to do is this, and they'll do very well this generation. EA wants their games on Sony's platform. I can't see EA going microsoft only. it would lose too many sales for them, so Sony does have some power with EA.

I still think Sony will do something stupid to mess it up ^^ So far everyone has. Wii U: a new tablet for your Wii. Microsoft: lol, Sony? who knows. . .some dumb thing im sure

#31 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

All Sony has to do is this, and they'll do very well this generation. EA wants their games on Sony's platform. I can't see EA going microsoft only. it would lose too many sales for them, so Sony does have some power with EA.

I still think Sony will do something stupid to mess it up ^^ So far everyone has. Wii U: a new tablet for your Wii. Microsoft: lol, Sony? who knows. . .some dumb thing im sure

no EA at sony reveal, sony seems to want EA's games but avoiding EA themselfs. sony said pretty much nothing on their used game policy. i think sony confirmed no DRM though. as for sonys stupid decesion. ill wait and see.

#32 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

The only way I see this working is that you buy that from a store at that price then you get an activation code. Gamestop gets money and the publisher. But if you have to buy it from a store, then pay on top of that $52 then they are crazy.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#33 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

no EA at sony reveal, sony seems to want EA's games but avoiding EA themselfs. sony said pretty much nothing on their used game policy. i think sony confirmed no DRM though. as for sonys stupid decesion. ill wait and see.

I hope you're right and Sony doesn't mess up.

#34 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

considering all that EA said about how the Wii U is not powerful enough, it'd be funny if they had poor support of the PS4 also (which is more powerful than the X1)

Edited by grahamf, 25 May 2013 - 12:13 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!