Photo

What do Achievments/Trophies matter to you?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ive been collecting Playstation 3 trophies since 09 and my rank is....I wanna say 15 I can't really remember since I hardly use my Ps3 because I use my Wii U more. (Last of Us will bring me back.) I remember I have like over 5 or 7 platinum trophies, some were easy to obtain some were my favorites and I really wanted to beat it.

Back then I use to think Trophies were a great edition to making a game be challenging by adding these. Now....I don't think of that, especially fighting games that are only aimed for tourney players. And it kinda kills the mood to enjoy games when you play it in the highest difficulty like wanting to sell it just because the hardest achievement is really killing your mood of your game, especially cheap deaths or a cheap move that beats all of what you're doing. Thankfully Nintendo didn't do the same what Sony and Microsoft are doing. Loading trophies on Ps3, my god they take a long time syncing.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

I like trophies/achievements but I dont go after them. I just like the feeling of a reward after something awesome or unexpected happens. Like when I played Mortal Kombat and I made a comback on a online ranked match it felt awesome and it just made it even better getting that trophy afterwards.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Achievements and Trophies don't really mean anything to me personally

I am not a completionist by any stretch of the imagination, I play a game simply to enjoy playing the game, and enjoying a game for me does not entail finding every golden nickel in every single level like it was designed to be an Easter egg hunt from hell :P

Although they are nice additions to games and I enjoy getting achievements if they just happen to be achieved, Like if I happen to kill 500 enemies using my thumb then its like oh cool and it brings me joy for a split second

I think it has become a gaming standard for trophies to be in games and Nintendo should really add in their own unique system just for the sheer fact that it doesnt hurt anything at all to add them, all it can do is help :P

#4 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I often forget about them. That's how much I care about them. 

• Doc likes this

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Achievements to me, are just something I hold pride in. Along with all of the anime I have watched. I put work into getting most of them.

#6 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Achievements don't really matter to me at all, sure they can add some reason for replaying, but the game itself should be able to bring you back to it.

I also don't like achievements as they can spoil the game for me by simply telling me what levels there are and they can give an indication of how the long the game is going to be, achievements should be used for creative things, not simply finishing the level. I do like the achievements in Worms Reloaded for that reason.

Bring the noise.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

Back then I use to think Trophies were a great edition to making a game be challenging by adding these. Now....I don't think of that, especially fighting games that are only aimed for tourney players. And it kinda kills the mood to enjoy games when you play it in the highest difficulty like wanting to sell it just because the hardest achievement is really killing your mood of your game

This is liturally the exact reason why nintendo don't use achievements, (yes they did say this themselves)

I like achievements if done right, achievements that you can obtain by clicking the start button or walking forward (These were achievements in simpsons hit and run) are stupid. I like achievements where you do something incredibly hard on SINGLE PLAYER ONLY that you wouldn't normally do. Then you feel like you have actually achieved something rather than just get them for fun.

Also achievements shouldn't be added across games like the PS3 does, i've seen a TON of people forcing themselves to get a achievement just so its added to there card and makes them look better. Its a Terrible way of playing games.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

They matter to me. They add more 'replayabilty' (I don't really know what to say so I just put that).

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

I don't care. But congratulations. 

Signature_Fox.png

#10 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

For the past 2 years i use to really care, then i hit level 13 on PS3 and started to see how even getting platniums didn't move me much. I have 6 plats, yet someone on my friends list has 0 and he's 3 levels above me????

whats the point in chasing them anymore. They honestly hold me back from truly enjoying the game, because I'm always concerned about missing something, and at the end of the day, trophies don't amount to anything.

IF nintendo were to do this, I would like 100% completion of a game to turn into club nintendo coins.

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

I like getting them but can do without them.

#12 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Achievements used to matter to me. I wouldn't get a game if the achievements weren't good (COD I got regardless), which is why my Wii sat collecting dust. But ever since the Wii U, my interest went down, so I can see myself getting games for both the Wii U and the Xbox One equally now.

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

I love them when they're done right. Nowadays get you achievements for playing the game for the first time or going into the options menu. At that point, it's silly. If done right, it's a nice reminder that I accomplished something difficult. I'm disappointed the Wii U didn't adopt a similar feaure, but it's not a deal breaker.

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

I don't give a rainbow about achievements.... They are just easy, lazy ways for developers to add replayability to their games, instead of actually adding more content. Modern gaming industry isn't even about gaming anymore :(

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

I actually prefer trophies over achievements. I don't know why but trophies feel a lot more rewarding. As of right now i have 12 platinum trophies. On xbox i only have 1 game aced, and it's minecraft.

#16 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

They don't really matter to me, per se, but if I have a game that I really enjoy playing, I will often try to go for 100% completion for it.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

No.

The only trophies that matter to me are on clash of the clans. lol..

but nah on ps3 and vita they dont really matter to me because most of the time they are for nothing.

trophy for turning on the game. one for not killing someone, etc....

If they only had real stuff like 100 head shot etc.. then maybe just maybe it would matter a lil more.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

I like trophies, but I don't care whether they are there or not. I have been enjoying games long before they were even invented. I do try to get all of them if I can for completions sake and I have fun doing it.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

As a completionist I hated Achievments/Trophies there was always those one or two you could never get however hard you try, I'm glad Wii U don't have em, made my life easier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!