13 replies to this topic

#1 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • NNID:BlueBerryShadow

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

So digging around for a decent Nintendo community, obviously I found one, but I have noticed that there all either have one of two things.

1. A large active forum community.

Or

2. Active news posts.

Rarely both. For example. This website, has a GREAT community, but yet lack in news. It is fine, I can always look at news other places, than share my thoughts, and the news with the people here. But its just something I have noticed.

~I am but a Shadow Of Corruption.~

elfen_lied_signature_by_kev3136-d3e0ybo.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Lack of news? How is it lacking since me and the others find them so often, Rod Serling does a great job of reporting global news and I do what I can to find something critical for the big 3 companies.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lack of news? How is it lacking since me and the others find them so often, Rod Serling does a great job of reporting global news and I do what I can to find something critical for the big 3 companies.

All I want is news delivered to me on a diamond encrusted platter before the news is even news... If you cant deliver through on that then you have failed me

#4 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

My apologies. I meant no disrespect. I mean, for example.

Go Nintendo posts around 3-5 pages of news a day. While for example, My Nintendo News posts anywhere from half a page, to a page a day. Wii U Daily posts anywhere from a page, to a half a page a day. While Nintendo Life posts several pages a day. Again, if I were disatisfied with this website, or any other, I could go to where I can find what I want. I have been here for one day, and I enjoy the community here. I know you guys do what you can. Perhaps I should not have started this thread.

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

It's usually slow during E3 time, due to companies being surreptitious about information not being leaked. That's why there's hardly anything "juicy" It'll pick up again in the next few weeks. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

I admit I don't really pay attention to the news subforum. All of the threads are locked so there's no commentary, and if there's anything really important I'll find out about it elsewhere.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Rod would make a great journalist.

Signature_DK.png

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

This website has a news subforum?

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

I just started at NintendoEnthusiast, we have several new editors, so the news there has been flowing much faster.  We've also transitioned to a different, more reliable, webhost, so we won't see the issues we've been having recently for much longer.  Currently, news has been coming through in dribs and drabs, and on a Nintendo specific news site, sometimes there is just not much to report.  I know WiiUDaily reports on non WiiU material regularly, but I don't think its appropriate, throwing up non Nintendo related articles with attention getting headlines may increase site traffic, but it doesn't help a community of Nintendo fans, and it invites trolls.

As far as the news posts here, there are some very good members who are able to put news up fast to get discussion started.  I've never had an issue with it.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

Rose Red, on 28 May 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:Rod would make a great journalist.

I don't think posting a link and a quote from someone elses article means someone would make a good journalist.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

Rod would make a great journalist.

Then again all I do is just copy and paste.

I could write something but, eeh.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's usually slow during E3 time, due to companies being surreptitious about information not being leaked. That's why there's hardly anything "juicy" It'll pick up again in the next few weeks. 

Good, can't wait for some E3 goodness. :P

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

This forum is awesome, I love it here so glad I found it, I've been a member for nearly 7 months :D

#14 Rapth

Rapth

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

This forum is awesome, I love it here so glad I found it, I've been a member for nearly 7 months :D

I've just joined the community, but so far I am enjoying it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!