• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

They had Sonic in mind when they developed the art style.  Not sure if you were around, they tried uber realistic sonic before, it was terrible.  This is how Sonic is supposed to look.  It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with what works for the character and the backstory and what doesn't.

I suppose. I was just expecting less cartoony.

They had Sonic in mind when they developed the art style.  Not sure if you were around, they tried uber realistic sonic before, it was terrible.  This is how Sonic is supposed to look.  It has nothing to do with age, it has to do with what works for the character and the backstory and what doesn't.

#82 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Trust me, you don't want them trying to make realistic sonic, it isn't a good thing.  Cartoony is good.

#83 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

IGN has some cool high rez shots of the game for the 3DS and Wii U version: http://uk.ign.com/im...rlds-3ds-168716

#84 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

IGN has some cool high rez shots of the game for the 3DS and Wii U version: http://uk.ign.com/im...rlds-3ds-168716

The art style is starting to grow on me, its straight up genesis sonic in 3d. However, those villains.... Look incredibly out of place.

I still like generations art style better even looing at screens now. But one things very clear, whether you like tge art direction or not. This game looks smooth as butter compared to the blockiness of generations. Pretty sure they are using tesselation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#85 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

All I noticed was how fun the trailer made the game seem. And then I come here and half the comments are about graphics... wtf? It's a fast paced cartoon platformer. Its not Uncharted or X. Get over yourselves.

Day one purchase for me, they'll have to really screw something up to change that. And I'm not a major Sonic fan.

Generations looked better. This game looks boring, visually.
No sig.

#86 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

The art style is starting to grow on me, its straight up genesis sonic in 3d. However, those villains.... Look incredibly out of place.

I still like generations art style better even looing at screens now. But one things very clear, whether you like tge art direction or not. This game looks smooth as butter compared to the blockiness of generations. Pretty sure they are using tesselation.

Actually, when the bosses were teased, you could from the art that they would be diferente and i honestly like that. To me they seem to fit well into the game`s look and world.

Overall, the game does look really good and does pass that vibe from the Genesis games.

The little that i have watched from Generations, made the game look too crowded. It`s like Sonic is just a little thing there. In Lost World, it`s like Sonic has a bigger presence.

• Xef likes this

#87 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Dr. Eggman has apparently harnessed the power of “six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six,” but they have risen up against the demented doctor and now Sonic and Eggman will have to work together to stop the Deadly Six.

Sonic will make use of new parkour moves and improved Color Powers, and along with a single player adventure, the Wii U and 3DS versions feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes.

Each platform will also contain unique features: Wii U Color Powers can be controlled with the Wii U GamePad by tilting, touching, aiming, and can also be played using only the Wii U GamePad screen and with two player support mode.

The 3DS version will inlcude exclusive Special Stages and Color Powers unique to the Nintendo 3DS system.

• Two levels are called ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
  • Desert Ruins features candy and cake dessert environments
  • Sonic builds speed slowly
  • Brand new parkour system
  • Wisps are in the game
  • 2 player support mode has been confirmed
  • Sonic is the only playable character
  • Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear
  • Planet is called Lost Hex
  • Rescuing animals influences unlocked content
  • Red Rings are back
  • Gold Cannons mark unlockables and secrets

More info from Sega. Definitely buying both versions  :D

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 29 May 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#88 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Smooth as butter indeed. Though considering all of the villains have the same colors as the chaos emeralds, I doubt they'll feel out of place once you start playing through the game.  

#89 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

Boxart:

Sonic-Lost-World-box-art-052913-1.jpg

Sonic-Lost-World-box-art-052913-2.jpg

#90 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

Looking good. Gameplay definitely gives off a Super Sonic Galaxy vibe, and that's not a bad thing.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#91 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#92 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Anyone else notice that the wisps bear a strong resemblance to the new enemies themselves?

#93 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I hope we get to go super sonic

#94 Ember Twist

Ember Twist

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ponies, Professor Layton, M〇THER

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Wow, can't say I expected this (and neither can you). When I first caught ear of the title, an open world platformer sprang to mind, but this even better, colour me excited. Gameplay looks splendid; colossal, topsy-turvy level structures, and a perfectly paced blue blur. From an artistic standpoint, it obviously pops with colour, which I like. To me, this vivid art scheme is a reprouction of the tender overtone that the classic games had. Bravo Sega, you've finally revived Sanic.

#95 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Looks awesome, I'll be getting the 3DS version since I don't have a Wii U.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#96 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

I like it =)

#97 Aquarhane

Aquarhane

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Many

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

I am for sure purchasing this, never been a real big sonic fan so this could be a start.

#98 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Wow, can't say I expected this (and neither can you). When I first caught ear of the title, an open world platformer sprang to mind, but this even better, colour me excited. Gameplay looks splendid; colossal, topsy-turvy level structures, and a perfectly paced blue blur. From an artistic standpoint, it obviously pops with colour, which I like. To me, this vivid art scheme is a reprouction of the tender overtone that the classic games had. Bravo Sega, you've finally revived Sanic.

Really dont think it was sega. The more i look at the situation the more and more im thinking this is nintendos help that finally made a great playing 3d sonic.

Sonic co-creator Hirokazu Yasuhara (who helped work on sonic Xtreme) was literally aquired by nintendo in march/april of 2012.
AXSX_Demo_Screen.PNG
sonic-x-treme-20080529113502997.jpg

Yasuhara helped design the cancelled sonic xtreme shown here.

Now Nintendo unveils an exclusive sonic game, heavily reminescent of sonic xtreme design work, and with actual gameplay/controls/mechanics that trumps any 3d sonic segas ever released?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#99 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Do want! 

As far as we know, Eggman must still be be stuck in that timeless place. 

Whoa, spoilers, dude! I'm haven't finished Sonic Generations yet. D:

Edited by Etkar, 30 May 2013 - 09:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!