Photo

How do you feel seeing young children asking for rated M games at a store?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

11+ is fine for me.

It just depends on the player. I've seen a lot of 11 year olds who can handle them.

#22 Fami.Kim

Fami.Kim

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • NNID:MrOrange01
  • Fandom:
    AC, JJBA

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

There's this kid who lives across the street from me, he's like 7 or something.

And his mom lets him play GTA, you gotta love my generation, eh?

comic sans lol

#23 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

I know this kid who is one year older then me (17) and his mom does not allow him to play M games. Every time I see him he tells me how excited he is to turn 18 to be able to play M games. I feel bad for him since he has to put up with his crazy over protective mom. The worst part he doesn't realize how bad she is, she doesn't allow him to have friends or anything because she thinks everybody will be a bad influence on him.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#24 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'll let my future children play M rated games when they have proven that they can handle these types of games. Even then I still need to see the game, and I will want to watch gameplay. Full nudity would be off limits regardless.

I know this kid who is one year older then me (17) and his mom does not allow him to play M games. Every time I see him he tells me how excited he is to turn 18 to be able to play M games. I feel bad for him since he has to put up with his crazy over protective mom. The worst part he doesn't realize how bad she is, she doesn't allow him to have friends or anything because she thinks everybody will be a bad influence on him.

17 is the legal age for buying rated M games though.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#25 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

As long as if the kids don't try this stupid behaviour at school or anything, it's fine..... (WHAT AM I SAYING WE'RE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#26 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

BlooregardQ.Kazoo, on 03 Jun 2013 - 1:36 PM, said:I know this kid who is one year older then me (17) and his mom does not allow him to play M games. Every time I see him he tells me how excited he is to turn 18 to be able to play M games. I feel bad for him since he has to put up with his crazy over protective mom. The worst part he doesn't realize how bad she is, she doesn't allow him to have friends or anything because she thinks everybody will be a bad influence on him.

My mom was the same. That's probably why I have trouble socializing was because my mom wouldn't let me go outside and play.

Signature_DK.png

#27 Xerocks

Xerocks

Red Koopa Troopa

• Validating
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Deadly Premonition

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

If the kid is alone, then I would tend to think they are trying to sneak around their parents. Hopefully then, the store would outright refuse to sell them the game. On the other hand, if they were with their parent(s) and the child was permitted to buy a mature game, then I have no problem with that. It is ultimately up to the parent. I just hope the parent understands what mature games are really like and discusses the content with their kids.

- Physical media forever!

#28 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

All I can really say is that it isn't my place to say anything, but I do wonder how it will affect the kid when growing up.

Mostly I just can't understand why such gory games are so popular. I've had so much fun with games such as Super Paper Mario / Galaxy that have virtually no gore to speak of. You can even run over people in Lego City and they just get up again.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#29 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

I think they should definitely at least be 10. When there are little 7 year olds there, it kind of freaks me out to be exposed to that kind of stuff. They might become desensitized at such a young age. A parent should definitely be present before 12, or at least the first few plays to make sure it is okay.

I hope these parents do their research on why the games are rated M. If my kid asked for one of those M games, I'd say no way.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#30 White Trite Chronicles

White Trite Chronicles

Freelance Police

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I can't really complain, because I've done it before myself.

ecmB6v9.gif

PSN ID: TranceKujo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!