Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:44 AM

Gamespot

The Wii U has struggled thus far, but Deus Ex and Epic Mickey designer Warren Spector remains hopeful that Nintendo can turn it around. Speaking with GameSpot, the industry veteran said betting against Nintendo is an ill-advised move.

"I've been pretty upfront about my enthusiasm for Nintendo. I think we need a company that's dedicated to games. Every time I visit Nintendo, I'm relieved to have spent time in a place where you can just feel how much everyone loves games, and, really, how many times have people written Nintendo off? I think you underestimate them at your peril." - Warren Spector

With everything known so far about the Xb1 and the DRM rumors going around, i say Nintendo has a good chance of winning this generation and making the doomsayers look like $h!t.

Notice the ignorance of the comment section smokin.gif

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

But there is always those fanboys who will never go to nintendo no matter how bad things get, heck they wouldn't go to nintendo if both sony and microsoft dropped out of the race.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

How does a company "win" a generation? Is it the one who sells the most? No offense, but that just sounds fanboyish. Especially since the PS4 and XB1 aren't released yet.

#4 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

The only way Wii U will win is if they keep doing Directs and keep getting 3rd party titles.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

POPULAR

Nintendo has been written off ever since the Genesis hit the market: "The Genesis has 8 more bits! Mortal Kombat was censored! The N64 uses cartridges! The GameCube looks like a lunch box! The DS is a gimmick! The Wii doesn't have HD! The 3DS hurts your eyes! The Wii U had a bad launch! Mario can't carry Nintendo forever! Nintendo is D00MED!" We've heard it all before and they constantly keep getting proved wrong, because when Nintendo gets their back against a wall, they blow people's minds.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Nintendo has been written off ever since the Genesis hit the market: "The Genesis has 8 more bits! Mortal Kombat was censored! The N64 uses cartridges! The GameCube looks like a lunch box! The DS is a gimmick! The Wii doesn't have HD! The 3DS hurts your eyes! The Wii U had a bad launch! Mario can't carry Nintendo forever! Nintendo is D00MED!" We've heard it all before and they constantly keep getting proved wrong, because when Nintendo gets their back against a wall, they blow people's minds.

Nintendo is still doomed, though, right?

Seriously, the only Godfather of video games left is just fine (home consoles). Nintendo has a cash cow with the 3DS. They can afford a loss, even though personally I don't think Wii U will be a failure by any means.

And what does winning a generation mean? Depends on who you ask. Personally, number of consoles. You ask Microsoft, it means who os currently selling more consoles. Ask Sony, whoever has the coolest console. Lol ok that was a joke.

I think we all agree Sony didn't win last generation. But, by any means, they didn't loose. They did very well, and turned around what could have been a disaster.

So I think the definition of winning and loosing is all on point of view.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Nintendo is still doomed, though, right?

Seriously, the only Godfather of video games left is just fine (home consoles). Nintendo has a cash cow with the 3DS. They can afford a loss, even though personally I don't think Wii U will be a failure by any means.

And what does winning a generation mean? Depends on who you ask. Personally, number of consoles. You ask Microsoft, it means who os currently selling more consoles. Ask Sony, whoever has the coolest console. Lol ok that was a joke.

I think we all agree Sony didn't win last generation. But, by any means, they didn't loose. They did very well, and turned around what could have been a disaster.

So I think the definition of winning and loosing is all on point of view.

Exactly. The PlayStation outsold the N64, but that doesn't mean it lost: there are plenty of people who prefer the N64 over the PS1.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Exactly. The PlayStation outsold the N64, but that doesn't mean it lost: there are plenty of people who prefer the N64 over the PS1.

Indeed. The Zelda 64 games were fantastic.

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Indeed. The Zelda 64 games were fantastic.

Some say the best, but Twilight and Wind Waker are among mu favorite.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hey! Put out that cigarette!

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

The Nintendo community in my eyes are a proper gaming community I love it, a lot of the gamers from Ninty were around before Microsoft and the PlayStation brand even existed, I dunno, I just feel more at home in this community and I love Nintendo so.............

#12 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Nintendo is too good to fail. If they keep this up, they could become the winners of this gen- There's nothing wrong but bugs in their system, nothing that a patch can't fix.

And why is the nintendoland music still stuck in my head? Probably because i just played 5 hours of it..

86c.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!