• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doxysmeow

doxysmeow

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but you'll see why I think it is in a bit.

TV Model: UN40D5000PG (40" LED Samsung TV Series 5)

|

HDMI Cable that came in the Wii U box

|

Wii U: Wii U Deluxe Set (Black 32GB Console)

That's how I have it connected.

Still I've been having problems with aliasing. I first thought the TV was the problem, so I messed with it's settings a bit to see what would look better. After several tests, and choosing what looked better, I still had the feeling I was looking at a Wii. It felt like I had the Gamepad resolution scaled up to fit my screen. Then I thought "maybe it's just the Menu, let's look at a game" and tried Nintendo Land, SEGA's racing game demo, ZombiU demo, RE: Revelations demo and MH3 demo. Revelations looked awful, Nintendo Land, All Stars Racing Transformed and ZombiU got a lot of aliasing, and even with a bit of aliasing, MH3 looked the best. I've tested the Digital Noise Correction settings in the TV and still no progress. Tested using another cable and another TV(this time, a Samsung P2470HN), but got even worse image on the other TV, so I sticked with the 40" with Nintendo's HDMI Cable.

I really don't know what to do, now, and if it's the Wii U's fault, I wonder if there's any way to turn on anti-aliasing either on the console or the television.

Anyone know what to do or is dealing with the same problem?

tl;dr: Aliasing on the Wii U. What to do?

EDIT:

I think I found the best Wii U configuration for my TV. For the people that experience the same problem with a Samsung TV, here's what I did:

1. Connect the Wii U through HDMI in the HDMI/DVI 1 port. (This didn't work for the other HDMI slots)
  2. Grab the TV controller and tap SOURCE.
  3. Highlighting the HDMI/DVI 1 device, tap TOOLS.
  4. Select Edit Name.
  5. Choose PC(I've tested the others, the one that looked the best, for me, was PC. I suggest you try the others to see what looks better for you, though)

This didn't get rid of the jaggy lines(aliasing), but it REALLY improved my Wii U experience.

Hope this helped someone.

Edited by Mr. Marco, 03 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!