• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm a "light"/casual gamer. I know that the gripe has been that there aren't enough games.  Granted, there are some more games I'd like to see, namely Star Fox and the Winter Olympics- hopefully Madden in 2015.  But I'm pretty happy with what's available.  If Nintendo didn't make anymore games, I'd be content for at least year with the ones that I have and the ones available.

I have- Nintendoland, Mario Bros., Sonic Transformers, Madden.

Would like: Trine, Batman, Injustice, Monster Hunter, MarioKart, Olympic Game, Zombie U, possibly Smash Bros.

That would keep me busy for a long time.

• Doc likes this

#2 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

same here, I play very few games compared to a lot of gamers. I can live with 1 game each 2 months :P

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#3 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

In answer to your topic name: you do not 'need' any games. But yeah, I get quite a lot, I have many unplayed Steam games at this precise moment.

Bring the noise.

#4 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

But yeah, I get quite a lot, I have many unplayed Steam games at this precise moment.

I feel you man, those d@mn steam sales.... eventually the backlog becomes so overwhelming that you have to accept the fact that you enjoy buying games more so than actually playing them :P

#5 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 20 May 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

It depends how busy I am. But usually it's about 1 game a month unless i buy second hand/cheap ones.

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have 10 retail Wii U games. If they don't release anymore, which they will, I will probably eventually own them all.

I haven't really been one to complain about the number of games though.

#8 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Luigi looks like it's Mario but he can jump higher and you have to finish the course faster....  I'm going to pass on that.

I look for games that have value and are worth having in the collection.

New Super Mario Bros U
Lego City Undercover
NintendoLand
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
ZombiU
Trine 2
and Mighty Switch Force

is my current Wii U collection plus some NES/ SNES games. I'm not into any of the Assassin's Creeds, Batman Arkhams, Mass Effects, etc.

I'll be getting Pikmin 3 and New Super Luigi U in August which is enough time to complete my games

Just added Monster Hunter and Batman Armored edition.....should get Trine soon- true, there's other games I want to get, but this will keep me occupied through the summer if not longer.

#9 Half

Half

Blooper

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • NNID:HalfName
  • Fandom:
    Curse all fanboys/girls.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

No one ever "needs" games.

But, chyeah, I buy any game that appeals to me and is on deal, I have 250 steam games... probably played about 30. o3o

FmEkJ2.gif

#10 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

That's kinda where I am- maybe not buying them so much but I kinda like discussing/talking about the Wii U more than I actually play them.  probably play about 4-8 hours a week, but spend more time on this board.

I feel you man, those d@mn steam sales.... eventually the backlog becomes so overwhelming that you have to accept the fact that you enjoy buying games more so than actually playing them :P

#11 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I'm trying to bring myself up to 2-3 hours of playing a day. Of course, I have games to play right now, most of them Wii 1. I had my Wii U put away for about 2-4 months and didn't realize how much I missed it until I started playing it again.

#12 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I like to just play a game a little bit and then set it down.  I don't care for games that engulf you to where you have to play them for hours and hours to get any good.  That's what I like about the Mario Bros. Luigi feature is that you can use that guide to get you through.  Probably frowned upon in the gaming community, but I don't want to spend a whole weekend trying to get through a stage.

I'm trying to bring myself up to 2-3 hours of playing a day. Of course, I have games to play right now, most of them Wii 1. I had my Wii U put away for about 2-4 months and didn't realize how much I missed it until I started playing it again.

I got sonic transformed and madden discounted on Amazon- $30.  Got Batman reduced to $40.  Paid full price or Mario and Monster hunters.....Will get Trine next, but probably Zombie U before the end of the year.

It depends how busy I am. But usually it's about 1 game a month unless i buy second hand/cheap ones.

#13 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

I feel like I want the best of the best and my favorites day 1, get games that are sure to be as pricy in the later years, this gen you RARELY have any great games besides Nintendo Wii Limited editions, and the rest are just a shooter on 360 and PS3 for $5 in 3 years.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#14 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

Hmmm this is a bit hard to answer. And I see multiple ways of answering so here goes. :P

To buy a console I generally look to see if it has 10 games minimum I'd prefer to play on that console/exclusives. A library of 10 is the minimum I "need" to justify a console, unless I buy it really cheap.  I tend to auto-buy Nintendo because it's not very hard for them to reach that number however.

How many games I need at a time to be content... Honestly just one at a time would probably be fine because I do enjoy activities other than gaming. It'd be preferable to have 2-3 however, as I tend to get burned out if I marathon a particular title or genre too long.

Posted Image

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Personally, I've never had an issue with getting games for any system. It just pays to be willing to step out of your comfort zone every so often and try new things. In my experience, stepping out of the zone pays off most of the time.

EDIT: And seeing as the above didn't really answer the topic at hand, I'll amend that. xP

Really, if I can usually get 4-5 games I've enjoyed immensely for any system I own, I'll consider the whole thing worth it. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm always blazing through games. I usually rely on one or two games a month.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

It's not that I personally need to own tons of games, but if there are more games overall then there's a better chance that I'd be able to find something interesting to me.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

That's why I got monster hunter and batman- way out of my comfort zone and need help to get out of the first part.....

yes, out of my comfort zone..... need help getting out of first part of batman and monster hunter....

Personally, I've never had an issue with getting games for any system. It just pays to be willing to step out of your comfort zone every so often and try new things. In my experience, stepping out of the zone pays off most of the time.

EDIT: And seeing as the above didn't really answer the topic at hand, I'll amend that. xP

Really, if I can usually get 4-5 games I've enjoyed immensely for any system I own, I'll consider the whole thing worth it. So far, I haven't been disappointed.

Not sure if I have those games that I enjoy immensely, but have a few that I enjoy a lot.... Sad that I couldn't figure out batman and monster hunter off the bat, but I wlill prevail....

Edited by Rockodoodle, 02 June 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#19 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

What I expect out of every Nintendo console now, really... Super Smash Bros. 4, Animal Crossing, 3D Super Mario platformer, Mario Kart, and last, but most certainly not least, the new Legend of Zelda. I also would love a new Kirby 64 style Kirby.

Those are the franchises I really watch for. The rest really don't match my interests. Although I'm looking into trying the Fire Emblem franchise.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#20 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Totally get the "matching interests" aspect.  It would be hard for me to buy a system that couldn't play a Mario Bros/MarioKart game.  I've enjoyed the first four games- nintendoland, Mario brothers, Madden, and Sonic- branched out to Batman and Monster Hunter.  So far frustrated, but will figure them out.  Add to my list Zelda- never played the previous titles, but with positive reviews, will definitely check that out.

What I expect out of every Nintendo console now, really... Super Smash Bros. 4, Animal Crossing, 3D Super Mario platformer, Mario Kart, and last, but most certainly not least, the new Legend of Zelda. I also would love a new Kirby 64 style Kirby.

Those are the franchises I really watch for. The rest really don't match my interests. Although I'm looking into trying the Fire Emblem franchise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!