5 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think the best analogy is that consoles are film series that some may like and some may not. My choices (and reasons) are here. What are your choices?

Nintendo: Toy Story Trilogy

Why?:

- Designed for and enjoyed by all ages 

- Multi-layered with deep writing for the adults, bright colours for the kids, and an all around fun experience for all

- Initiative for their times

- Visually looks great for the art style

- No matter how much you try and deny that Toy Story is cool, in then end Toy Story Rocks

Sony: Die Hard Anthology

- Started off with a solid knowledge of the art

- Defined the genre and the art in some ways

- Started off Awesome as F**k

- As technology got better, the films started to loose what was important about the original as they started competing with more flashy and spectacular competition.

- Core surface elements remain the same throughout (John McLaine killing bad guys) mean that fans of the original will keep on going to see sequels. 

Microsoft: Michael Bay's Transformers films

- A mere shell of what the art was about in the first place

- Designed to be flashy and distracting, uses the technology, explosions, boobies and homeerotic teststorone fueled imargy to attract its audiance

- Watched mainly by adolescents who think explosions and boobs are what make film great, and watched by fans of the previous generation of Transformers fans who shed a tear at the same time as reassuring themselves that what Michael Bay has done to the series is "fine"

- Designed totally and utterly to get the customer to pay as much money as possible for something of little substance

- With each time the technology gets better the further away it comes from the roots of it being classed as an actually film.

------

As you can see each console is a film series that some people prefer over others and could be seen as equal to picking a film you want to watch at night

#2 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

tl;dr: Nintendo rawks and u can't deny it!!!! lol micro$oft and sony

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

Wii U would be Spirited away for it's light heartedness and it's ability to take you to a deep fantasy world.

PS4 would be The Terminator for it's action packed badassery.

Xbone would Twilight for it's sappy quality but insane followers.

I think the best analogy is that consoles are film series that some may like and some may not. My choices (and reasons) are here. What are your choices?

Nintendo: Toy Story Trilogy

Why?:

- Designed for and enjoyed by all ages 

- Multi-layered with deep writing for the adults, bright colours for the kids, and an all around fun experience for all

- Initiative for their times

- Visually looks great for the art style

- No matter how much you try and deny that Toy Story is cool, in then end Toy Story Rocks

Sony: Die Hard Anthology

- Started off with a solid knowledge of the art

- Defined the genre and the art in some ways

- Started off Awesome as F**k

- As technology got better, the films started to loose what was important about the original as they started competing with more flashy and spectacular competition.

- Core surface elements remain the same throughout (John McLaine killing bad guys) mean that fans of the original will keep on going to see sequels. 

Microsoft: Michael Bay's Transformers films

- A mere shell of what the art was about in the first place

- Designed to be flashy and distracting, uses the technology, explosions, boobies and homeerotic teststorone fueled imargy to attract its audiance

- Watched mainly by adolescents who think explosions and boobs are what make film great, and watched by fans of the previous generation of Transformers fans who shed a tear at the same time as reassuring themselves that what Michael Bay has done to the series is "fine"

- Designed totally and utterly to get the customer to pay as much money as possible for something of little substance

- With each time the technology gets better the further away it comes from the roots of it being classed as an actually film.

------

As you can see each console is a film series that some people prefer over others and could be seen as equal to picking a film you want to watch at night

I love how you compared the Xbone to Transformers LOL Epic!

Edited by Rose Red, 10 June 2013 - 01:39 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

I feel like I'm the only one who liked Michael Bay's Transformer movies..

Posted Image

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

I feel like I'm the only one who liked Michael Bay's Transformer movies..

The first one was the only good one IMO.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 10 June 2013 - 03:04 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Oh I just laughed my a** off at the Microsoft one, thank's that's my laugh for the day :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!