Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sony kicked Microsoft square in the nuts then started hammering nails into their coffin

Now all Ninty needs to do is announce a price drop and the world will soon be rid of the dreaded gaming virus known as the CoD machine Xbox consoles :P

#22 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Anyone else worried about nintendo?... That sony conference was mind blowing, and I am not a fan of sony either...

I was after seeing the price and preordering. Then I thought about all of the 3ds and Wii U stuff that would be sharing time with the PS4. I was like, "No way will I be able to fit all of that in within the fourth quarter". Then I realized I would have to join PS Plus, which is not too big of a deal to me, but it leaves Nintendo as the sole free online service provider (outside of the PC). 

I will be worried if a new Mario, Mario Kart, Retro's Game, and the other titles do not sell more systems. Ditto if we do not have some surprise third party announcements tomorrow. 

#23 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm just really shocked if that is the price $399. That's so close to the Wii U. What is the size for that system at that price though?  

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

A console that's noticably more powerful than Wii U and only €399? I smell danger for Ninty.

This is it, I'll buy those two consoles.
No sig.

#25 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Nintendo neeeeeed a price drop, Sony hit the next gen sweet spot price wise in the UK.

Hope Nintendo and UK retailers drop their prices by $50 - $100 (£250 for a premium) and Nintendo Direct kicks ass otherwise Wii U may die an early death like the X Box One....Oh sorry am I predicting it too early?

Seriously Microsoft should have just bought out a cloud only console at a lower price the way they were pushing cloud gaming.

But Sony knocked Microsoft out of the ring.....Wonder how much of a loss they'll be making on each PS4?

Edited by Penguin101, 11 June 2013 - 12:58 AM.

#26 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

Well, I pre-ordered mine through Amazon. It is as though Sony corrected every conceivable mistake from the PS3.

Can't wait. It will be interesting to see Nintendo's response to this.

Edit: Changed my mind and canceled the pre-order. Don't know why exactly, just don't feel right about it for some reason. I am still very interested to see Ninty's reaction this morning though.

I feel you on the edit. When I bought a 360 I felt like I had done something terribly wrong. Worse, I only liked maybe 3 games. I ended up using it as a Netflix box until my gold membership ran out.

#27 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

It's decided. I'm getting the PS4 this year and the Xbone next year.

Nintendo neeeeeed a price drop, Sony hit the next gen sweet spot price wise in the UK.

Hope Nintendo and UK retailers drop their prices by $50 - $100 (£250 for a premium) and Nintendo Direct kicks ass otherwise Wii U may die an early death like the X Box One....Oh sorry am I predicting it too early?

Seriously Microsoft should have just bought out a cloud only console at a lower price the way they were pushing cloud gaming.

But Sony knocked Microsoft out of the ring.....Wonder how much of a loss they'll be making on each PS4?

I'm pretty sure if the Wii U doesn't sell well a price drop will be certain for Nintendo doesn't want any problems

Signature_DK.png

#28 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

I'm just really shocked if that is the price $399. That's so close to the Wii U. What is the size for that system at that price though?

It's what I expected. It makes sense to me. They went with cheap parts, minus the RAM, and that means a cheap console. Remember, MS is bundling every X1 with Kinect. PS4 And PS Eye are not sold together, at least at the base price.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#29 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

How is a $100 difference "close"? :/

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#30 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

A console that's noticably more powerful than Wii U and only €399? I smell danger for Ninty.

This is it, I'll buy those two consoles.

Is it really noticeably more powerful? We'll see later on today, but assuming I am correct, which I am sure I am, the Wii U is capable of graphics similar I'd not better than Last of Us. And, for the most part, every PS4 title looked just as good, maybe slightly better, then that PS3 title.

Again, later on we shall see what the Wii U has to show for itself. Hopefully we'll see Boyannetta 2 and Retro's title. And some third party games with his graphics.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Yup. Wii u and ps4 it is.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

Is it really noticeably more powerful? We'll see later on today, but assuming I am correct, which I am sure I am, the Wii U is capable of graphics similar I'd not better than Last of Us. And, for the most part, every PS4 title looked just as good, maybe slightly better, then that PS3 title.

Again, later on we shall see what the Wii U has to show for itself. Hopefully we'll see Boyannetta 2 and Retro's title. And some third party games with his graphics.

It is noticably more powerful I think. Nintendo has to prove me wrong in an hour, but they probably won't. Some PS4 games DO look pretty impressive. I k now it was running on X1, but the Metal Gear demo looked really good.. So did Final Fantasy. Killzone looks way better than anything I've seen on the Wii U too, and it's not even out yet. 

No sig.

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

It is noticably more powerful I think. Nintendo has to prove me wrong in an hour, but they probably won't. Some PS4 games DO look pretty impressive. I k now it was running on X1, but the Metal Gear demo looked really good.. So did Final Fantasy. Killzone looks way better than anything I've seen on the Wii U too, and it's not even out yet.

So then you are under the assumption the Wii U is less powerful than the PS3? Because, again, everything I saw on the PS4 didn't look radically better then what the PS3 can do. Improved? Sure. But a huge jump? No.

Either way, we'll find out.

#34 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

tumblr_mo7jbcoCjn1qce7tgo1_r2_500.gif

Edited by Rod Serling, 11 June 2013 - 05:18 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

Anyone else worried about nintendo?... That sony conference was mind blowing, and I am not a fan of sony either...

Nah, I think it still had some bad parts... Notice how they didnt talk much about exclusives?
Posted Image

#36 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm more worried about Microsoft at this point, the PS4 is the next console on my list. The Xbox One however, doesn't even exist.

what's an xbox one?

I was after seeing the price and preordering. Then I thought about all of the 3ds and Wii U stuff that would be sharing time with the PS4. I was like, "No way will I be able to fit all of that in within the fourth quarter". Then I realized I would have to join PS Plus, which is not too big of a deal to me, but it leaves Nintendo as the sole free online service provider (outside of the PC). 

I will be worried if a new Mario, Mario Kart, Retro's Game, and the other titles do not sell more systems. Ditto if we do not have some surprise third party announcements tomorrow. 

I saw the new mario.... was not happy... mario kart looks cool.

Nah, I think it still had some bad parts... Notice how they didnt talk much about exclusives?

Yeah.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#37 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

MatrixChicken, on 11 Jun 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:How is a $100 difference "close"? :/
being $100 off for something that's next gen (the public sees the Wii U as current gen). Developers abandoning the Wii U left and right. I felt if it were the same as the Xbox, they'd have slow sales to start. The Wii U will prosper this year (especially after all the releases we'd get), but as you can see some are ready to sell the Wii U to help with the cost for the PS4.

#38 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

Nintendo needs to lower the WiiUs price tag cause PS4 is cery close to it and just show games; also release em in 2013/14.

why does nintendo has to lower price of wiiu when even at $399 for ps4 the wiiu is cheaper at $299 for white or $349 for black

#39 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

And sony won't be losing too much money either.

Because they are doing a group but with AMD on GDDR5 memory and therefore getting a discount on the APU...

Or at least that's what Nostradamus said...

#40 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

I feel you on the edit. When I bought a 360 I felt like I had done something terribly wrong. Worse, I only liked maybe 3 games. I ended up using it as a Netflix box until my gold membership ran out.

Yeah, my speed to pre-order was based on price. I was like amazed, almost felt the need to reward them for doing such an amazing job. Plus I really want one...eventually (I think). The problem came when I was selecting games. I had 3 selected, one of them being Watchdogs (which I can have on the PC or Wii U sans the exclusive footage, or the PS4 later if I so desire). 

Your description of it not getting used-I worry about that. I currently have $1064 worth of stuff on pre order for Wii U/3ds. I can't really afford another console right now from a financial/time standpoint. Boy, it would be fun though;). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!