• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

This might be a little bit of grasping at straws, but did anyone notice the character model for Link was not the one from Skyward Sword? He was more slender and cool looking. Typically the Link in smash games is based on the one from the most recent release, but this one is different... So it got me thinking, "Is he based on the Link from the unrevealed game?" What do you all think?
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

The Link when Megaman was showing up? Good to see I'm not the only one who noticed that. Pretty sure gameplay looked like Skyward Sword Link though. Could still be a leak...

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I definitely noticed that, I was just gullible and thought it was a link that Hal created, but you may be onto something! 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

The Link in the Megaman clip looked quite different, but I wouldn't take it the way you are. I think it's just the SSB development team taking liberties in the way Link looks. He still resembles SS Link a lot. They couldn't go with that exact artstyle, obviously, as the graphical styles are different.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#5 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

The Link in the Megaman clip looked quite different, but I wouldn't take it the way you are. I think it's just the SSB development team taking liberties in the way Link looks. He still resembles SS Link a lot. They couldn't go with that exact artstyle, obviously, as the graphical styles are different.

It's not so much the style as much as the actual model is very different. As i say they've never taken liberties before. In the first games he looked like oot Link, in Brawl, twilight princess.
In this one i expected ss, but he isn't Ss. it could be that they took liberty with it, but that would be a first for them.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

Spoiler

Yup your right, he still resembles SS Link, just a Very Detailed HD Version.

Edited by Chrop, 11 June 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#7 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

I could see it going either way, He's a smidge more slender and his eyes are a bit more realistically sized. I wonder if it'll be the next Link or not. :P

Posted Image

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Spoiler

Yup your right, he still resembles SS Link, just a Very Detailed HD Version.

Making it a TP version.

No sig.

#9 ProjectX3dsman

ProjectX3dsman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

reminds me of skyward sword link yet twilight princess link

I don't think this is skyward sword or twilight princess because the design strays away from both

#10 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Maybe Wiiu demo e3-2012 version?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

WAIT! I take it back completly, It looks far too similar to Twilight Princesses link, From being Left handed to the straps around his hand, to his boots and tights. to his hair, its a perfect hd version of TP Link.

#12 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I'm more certain now that were looking at the artstyle of Zelda u. Why wouldn't they coordinate the wii u smash bros with the wii u games?

#13 doxysmeow

doxysmeow

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

I'm more certain now that were looking at the artstyle of Zelda u. Why wouldn't they coordinate the wii u smash bros with the wii u games?

I don't think Super Smash Bros. Melee's Link look like Toon Link, from Wind Waker, or the one from Twilight Princess.

They don't need to. They probably don't feel like it, or are just lazy to do the same character.

#14 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

as long as its not like SS...

bb0.gif

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

I dunno if it's just me but Link looks so much more epic when they choose the realistic approach, don't get me wrong I love all the other art styles too, Wind Waker is in my top ten fave gamesof all time, but realistic Link gives me goosebumps, I hope that's the character modle they use in Zelda Wii U.

#16 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

I don't think Super Smash Bros. Melee's Link look like Toon Link, from Wind Waker, or the one from Twilight Princess.

They don't need to. They probably don't feel like it, or are just lazy to do the same character.

True, but he was modeled after the Link from OOT. This Link is not a replica of any particular Link. So either they are taking to using their own generic models ... Or they are using a model we have never seen before.

#17 CrimsonDivine

CrimsonDivine

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Tera

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

If you compare the link model in the trailer and the link model from the demo of Zelda U and few years ago they are quite similar.

kisame.png

#18 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Think about it. When they did the developer direct they showed Samus, Link, and Pit then they went into details on how Samus and Pit's models more closely matched their most recent games but they ignored Link.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#19 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Think about it. When they did the developer direct they showed Samus, Link, and Pit then they went into details on how Samus and Pit's models more closely matched their most recent games but they ignored Link.

I noticed that too, but then i forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

#20 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

I noticed that too, but then i forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

Cool. Actually I didn't notice that. I copied the observation from a commenter on Siliconera.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!