Photo

So the George Zimmerman Trial began Monday.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Jury selection began Monday, so expect the local media in your area or some major news outlet to cover the trial: 

http://www.cnn.com/2...zimmerman-trial

I think that Zimmerman is guilty, and the jury will find him guilty. There's just too much evidence out there that portrays Zimmerman as a violent aggressive trigger-happy man. It'll be interesting to see how this trial unfolds.  

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Self-defense or murder?

That's the question at the heart of the trial of George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer who killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Monday marked the start of jury selection in Seminole County, Florida, where Martin was fatally shot on February 26, 2012.

The shooting put a national spotlight on Zimmerman's hometown of Sanford and sparked fresh debates about race relations and gun laws in America.

Guilty.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Innocent

It was in self defense

Skittles and Gatorade when separate are harmless....but when combined they become lethal.... George Zimmerman knew this and had to defend himself

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Guilty

#5 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:06 AM

not guilty

#6 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

I think he is guilty, but it is kind of hard to tell since there wasn't many witnesses. I don't think he should have confronted him in the first place. He should of just called the police instead of taking things into his own hands. 

Edited by Elric, 13 June 2013 - 09:27 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#7 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3491036.html

SANFORD, Fla. — George Zimmerman was fed up with "punks" getting away with crime and shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin "because he wanted to," not because he had to, prosecutors argued Monday, while the neighborhood watch volunteer's attorney said the killing was self-defense against a young man who was slamming Zimmerman's head against the pavement.

The prosecution began opening statements in the long-awaited murder trial with shocking language, repeating obscenities Zimmerman uttered while talking to a police dispatcher moments before the deadly confrontation.

The defense opened with a knock-knock joke about the difficulty of picking a jury for a case that stirred nationwide debate over racial profiling, vigilantism and Florida's expansive laws on the use of deadly force.

"Knock. Knock," said defense attorney Don West.

"Who is there?"

"George Zimmerman."

"George Zimmerman who?"

"All right, good. You're on the jury."

Zimmerman, 29, could get life in prison if convicted of second-degree murder for gunn

Wow.

Really arrogant of him to start with a knock-knock joke, a bad one too.. Seems like the prosecution is winning.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#8 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

No reason to go after the kid, he did and couldn't handle a fist fight and to top it off he kills the kid. He will and should be guilty.

#9 deonwalker

deonwalker

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

The Zimmerman trial is a waste of time and here's why....

http://pmme2.info.tm...eg6wrg1416.html

#10 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

it's all too easy to declare someone guilty especially when none of us were even there.  I just wish it was a case between two black/white people, because if they were the same race, it wouldn't get all this hype.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

He was found not.. guilty.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

People shouldn't take things into their own hands. If Zimmerman hadn't got out of his car, the situation wouldn't have happened

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

Zimmerman F'up and he gets away with it, kinda sad. It all started with him following the kid for what? Still to be determined since we have no idea. In the end they fought and the kid beat him as a man and Zimmerman who started the fight couldn't handle it and shot the kid. Seriously he couldn't handle a beating, come on this is a joke.

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

I believe ZImmerman pretty much pursue him solely on the fact he thought he was suspicious looking.  Zimmerman also had a prior history of following people before and calling it in, he practically thought he was a cop. Zimmerman shouldn't of followed or went after him, he simply wasn't in the position to do that. Even the 911 operator told him not to follow him. If he would of listen that  day, Trayvon would still be alive today. This is a sad case. I feel for Trayvon's family.

The decision surely isn't the one I was expecting, but the law has been weird before in the past. 

What angers me is the sheer ignorance out there. I saw someone on twitter loaded in a car with guns and ammunition claiming that they were going to Kill George Zimmerman. There also were people claiming that they were going to cause riots & start trouble in the streets. Surely it's not a favorable decision, but why resort to violence when Trayvon's parents even said that this isn't want they wanted? People sheerly act sometimes without thinking logically. 

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's a shame that a cold blooded killer can get away from such a crime. I'm almost ashamed to be an American at times like this! Allow me to leave you with this as well... 

http://www.nytimes.c...&smid=fb-share

I believe ZImmerman pretty much pursue him solely on the fact he thought he was suspicious looking.  Zimmerman also had a prior history of following people before and calling it in, he practically thought he was a cop. Zimmerman shouldn't of followed or went after him, he simply wasn't in the position to do that. Even the 911 operator told him not to follow him. If he would of listen that  day, Trayvon would still be alive today. This is a sad case. I feel for Trayvon's family.

The decision surely isn't the one I was expecting, but the law has been weird before in the past. 

What angers me is the sheer ignorance out there. I saw someone on twitter loaded in a car with guns and ammunition claiming that they were going to Kill George Zimmerman. There also were people claiming that they were going to cause riots & start trouble in the streets. Surely it's not a favorable decision, but why resort to violence when Trayvon's parents even said that this isn't want they wanted? People sheerly act sometimes without thinking logically. 

It didn't surprise me. Any Policeman/security guard or in this case watchman can get away with murder while any other civilian would wind up in prison. It has happened before and will happen again sadly.

Signature_DK.png

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

More thoughts I posted somewhere else:

I was outraged, bewildered, and horrified at the decision that they made last night.

Then I gave it more thought, and I came to the climax that this is simply an event where humanity will never comprehend. Don't get me wrong, I'm no supporter of George Zimmerman, I don't support the way he went through with this, and in my honest opinion, I feel that he simply should of walked away. Instead he simply profiled Trayvon Martin, he ignorantly thought he was up to no good due to the fact he didn't recognize him being in the neighborhood before, so he took action in his own hands.

He disobeyed the 911 operator, and simply took the law in his own hands which he shouldn't of had done. He should of just stop going after him and let the laww officials take care of it. I don't encourage that, I'm disgusted by his actions. He was known for calling 9/11 numerous times and reporting suspicious individuals, he was a wannabe cop essentially. He was completely out of line, but he put himself in that position.

So what happened? Going by what the people witnessed, they had an altercation, and they fought. Trayvon simply overpowered Zimmerman, he simply made him look inferior. In Zimmerman's mind/psyche he was shocked that a child could simply just humiliate him and easily just make him look like a joke. So what did he do? He pulled out his gun when Trayvon was bashing his head in the concrete and shot him.

Was it a morally right decision? Depends. Everyone would think differently in this situation and they would act differently as well. But if someone is beating you up and there's a possibility you might get injured or killed, wouldn't you would try and prevent your death in any means possible? I would, I wouldn't want to die. If I felt my life was in danger, I would shoot, most definitely. I wouldn't kill him, though. I can't see myself ever doing harm to another human being, I just can't.

What I would of done is shot him the shoulder/arm, but if someone is in such close proximity, how would you do this? Human instinct takes control, you're terrified, you just blindly shoot. Even if you aim for a specific part you could of missed what you were targeting due to the insanity.

This is a tough situation to cast judgement on, but it's entirely an opinion. Arguing is futile; everyone will think differently on the whole case. You can't simply call this down fairly, because you weren't there.

Trayvon Martin didn't deserve to die, George Zimmerman shouldn't of killed him, but he was put in the position where he felt he had to. Do I like George Zimmerman? No I do not. He's a disgusting human being that smirked countlessly throughout this entire ordeal and showed no human compassion and was stoic. Part of me comprehends why he did it, but this could of been entirely avoided if the damn man left the kid alone. He tried to play God, he tried be something that he wasn't meant to be and he ended up under ****storm for well over a year.

Continuing my post.

If you've been under a rock the last 24 hours, people have flocked to facebook/twitter/etc (I don't really care nor do I use any social media, since all of that is being monitored and you information is being sold), but it was truly chaotic. On other message boards people posted images of what they were going to do to George Zimmerman.

I seen people threatening the man's life. I saw a twitter picture where a group of African Americans had a bunch of assault riffles, shotguns, and ammunition on the bed ready to go look for George Zimmerman. They even posted a photo driving in a car where guns and captioning it "We're coming for you, Zimmerman".

Is violence truly the solution to something you don't like? Would killing George Zimmerman bring back Trayvon Martin? With it suddenly end the pain and suffering his parents went through the past year and a half? No it would not. It would just cause more problems/issues and trouble. Killing doesn't help the solution; it worsens it.

Is rioting and stealing truly acceptable just because you didn't like a decision? No it's not. I saw many people last night saying they were going to steal electronics/tvs/etc in Trayvon Martin's name. What does this prove? You want Street Justice? Street Justice is meaningless. You get nothing from street justice, you earn nothing. This is coming from someone who grew up in such an awful neighborhood and witnessed it all. Street Justice never leads to anything good. All it leads to more sadness and anger.

People are literally justify the act of thievery and taking advantage of a young man's death. It proves how evil and corrupted our world is.

Continuing:

The media simply blew this case out of proportion as well. There's so many facts they didn't tell you. They wanted to simply paint Trayvon as this innocent child that was incapable of no good. In reality Trayvon was far from innocuous. There's pictures of him smoking weed and doing drugs, yet the media didn't showcase any of it. Why? It's cause they want you to see it in their perspective. They want to take advantage of you as well. I'm absolutely disgusted and the sheer ignorance of the majority of people who turn to the media as a solution. Many of these peoples fail to look up the facts and blindly shout out an opinion. I don't hate Trayvon, but I don't like how they portrayed him as a person who could do no wrong.

Added after 6 minutes:

In short, we have to move on from this. Whether or not you felt the decision was wrong, you can't belittle yourself and give into the act of committing a crime. There's are ways of dealing with this, but threatening George Zimmerman/his family/ or any of the six juror's is just wrong. Analyzing this from both perspectives is key here. Was this an awful event? Yes it was. This Trayvon deserve to get his life taken away from him? No he didn't. Was Zimmerman's actions unjustifiable and simply misguided? Yes. Did the media completely blow this out of proportion? Yes they did. This case was simply a trainwreck from the beginning and I'm honestly scared of the stupidity that humanity is capable of in this aftermath.

Justice isn't justice by simply doing something you think is right. Trayvon's parents doesn't want this, be above it.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!:

article-2330068-19F7EF45000005DC-463_634

article-2330068-19F7EF41000005DC-163_634

article-2330068-19F7F8E0000005DC-140_634

These are the pictures the media refuses to show you! The media bias needs to simply end! They hide stuff from you, wake up!

#17 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

There's trash on Zimmerman that wasn't shown too
http://www.cotwa.inf...-with-rape.html

The guy is an aggressive man who can't control himself, with past occurrences like the trevon martin case but only this one he couldn't handle a fight he provoked.

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

LinkKennedy, on 14 Jul 2013 - 5:57 PM, said:There's trash on Zimmerman that wasn't shown too
http://www.cotwa.inf...-with-rape.html

The guy is an aggressive man who can't control himself, with past occurrences like the trevon martin case but only this one he couldn't handle a fight he provoked.
Never said he was an angel.

#19 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

inocent it was self defense. That little Mcguffin was doing more than carrying a bag of skittles.

Edited by angelo07stang, 14 July 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image

#20 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

not guilty

I told you so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!