Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Nintendilife

Both Sony and Microsoft have revealed their next-gen consoles at E3, showing off new titles as well as talking about the fresh experiences offered by the platforms. Given that Nintendo has had no new hardware to show off this year, you might assume that the Japanese company is on the back foot — however, according to senior communications director Charlie Scibetta, that couldn't be further from the truth.
When asked by GameSpot if Nintendo has a struggle ahead of it this Christmas, Scibetta replied:

The short answer is no.

If you're a consumer going in and you have these options; we know what the price points are now from the competitors, we know what the games are from the competitors; and we know now what the Wii U is going to offer. We feel good about where we stack up. It's the software that's going to motivate them.
We saw with the Nintendo 3DS, it got off to a slow start, but then when software started rolling in, sales have done really well.

Nintendo is clearly hoping that 2013 big-hitters like Pikmin 3, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will entice players away from PS4 and Xbox One this holiday season, and the promise of Mario Kart 8 in the new year will sustain their interest.

While i believe Wind Waker HD could move some sales along, Sadly i don't think Donkey Kong or 3D World will be enough entice people to buy a Wii U over a PS4 this holiday :unsure:

#2 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

Nintendilife

While i believe Wind Waker HD could move some sales along, Sadly i don't think Donkey Kong or 3D World will be enough entice people to buy a Wii U over a PS4 this holiday :unsure:

It will entice some.

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

Tbh I don't see any launch titles that interest me enough to buy a ps4 or xb1. Nintendo has games coming out at the same time as the new consoles and these interest me a lot more than the launch offerings for ps4 and xb1

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Mario Kart always moves systems. They will be fine.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Nintendilife

The thing is, Nintendo doesn't need to get those gamers, Nintendo needs to get 3DS owners. Needs to get Wii owners. That's what they are looking for.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Nintendilife

Sigh.... Donky kong country returns sold more by itself than every single metroid prime combined.

Mario 3d land sold more than galaxy 2 and almost as much as galaxy, on a platform with a fraction of the wii's user base.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Mario Kart always moves systems. They will be fine.

But that game is 2014. Nintendo needs to make their goal of 9 million by the one year mark. I believe the games they have will do that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

3D Mario and Wind Waker will do that as well.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Why do people keep dismissing Donkey Kong? It's a really big seller.

#10 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Mario 3D World, Mario & Sonic, Sonic Lost World, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U and Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze will all sell the system to the masses and Mario and Donkey Kong will push a few for other people as well (those who are simply waiting for games).

The Wii U will do fine this Christmas, and with Mario Kart 8 launching next spring, Wii U sales will be pushed even further.

Don't expect a huge world of difference, just a big boost in sales and popularity. This time next year, I expect we'll see the Wii U with sales of around 10 million, which is more than enough for a year and a half.

• Doc likes this
Bring the noise.

#11 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sigh.... Donky kong country returns sold more by itself than every single metroid prime combined.

Mario 3d land sold more than galaxy 2 and almost as much as galaxy, on a platform with a fraction of the wii's user base.

Donkey Kong statistic is wrong: Donkey Kong Country returns sold 5.97 whilst all metroid prime games sold 7.22 million

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#12 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

I would buy a wii u for Donkey kong if I didn't already have one, and I loved 3Dland, so I'm excited about 3Dworld too! I was expecting more on the graphical side of E3, but once I got over that, last night, I'm now pumped for this awesome year in Ninty gaming!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#13 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

This is why I am excited for both of these games. I loved Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Mario 3D Land, so I am looking forward to seeing what fun new challenges await me with the newer titles. I am also a huge fan of Mario Kart, so Mario Kart 8 looks like another must-own game for me. Nintendo are making all the right moves, in my humble opinion.

Edited by Phanto, 12 June 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Looking forwad to Wind Waker I am, still though, I don't see how Nintendo are gonna be successful this year, I just don't see it sorry.

#15 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

I think those that dismiss Donkey Kong werent old enough to enjoy it on SNES! Im excited and ready for DK and the new Mario. Mario Kart will move systems. Check out the comments youtube for X and Bayonetta 2... alot of Sony and Xbox fans are wishing they were getting those games... I think games like that will convert some Sony/MS fans.

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

At least Nintendo has the extremely popular 3DS to keep Nintendo afloat until 2014. Pluse no one seems to be happy with the Xbox One so that's one less threatening competitor for them. I will probably build up a PS4 library while waiting.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Wind Waker HD, and Mario 3D World are definently sales drivers, however I feel that Mario should be rushed to November because that's when the other consoles are coming out, and Nintendo needs a reason to say "Hey don't buy these! Buy this look its amazing, cheaper and u can have it now!"
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#18 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

At least Nintendo has the extremely popular 3DS to keep Nintendo afloat until 2014. Pluse no one seems to be happy with the Xbox One so that's one less threatening competitor for them. I will probably build up a PS4 library while waiting.

But that's the problem, you can build a PS4 or X1 library sooner than WiiU lol. Whatever though I'm looking forward to the handful of games we're getting.

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

But that's the problem, you can build a PS4 or X1 library sooner than WiiU lol. Whatever though I'm looking forward to the handful of games we're getting.

I agree. The library is going to be dry for a while but i'm still excited for those games dropping in 2014.

Signature_DK.png

#20 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I never buy a console at release date.. THATS a rule.  I may consider ps4 also now, that it comes without drms, but at least 6months or 1 year the oficial release date.  So wii U will get the money after all.

ps: I saw some freezing issues with ps4  (xbox is out of the water, no way even to consider that streaming cloud).

Edited by Plutonas, 12 June 2013 - 05:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!