Photo

The lack of mods on this site is disturbing.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

POPULAR

Well, what I'm about to saying is honesty.

E3 is just about done, and there was tons of thread filled with fighting or just utterly pointless spam. Don't get me wrong, the E3 forum was a great idea (seeing as I suggested it), but I feel like it could of been better if there were more mods online to filter out the trash/dupe threads (I made some too). We have two moderators that haven't been online in over two months now, and I doubt they are coming back. They simply shouldn't be mod anymore, if they wanted to really help this site they would of still be here. We've been promised for awhile now that we would see changes or new moderators, but those change have yet to come, despite being promised awhile ago...  GameCollector simply can't moderate this site all by himself, and there'll occasionally be threads he miss or doesn't see. We should have at least 4 or 5 mods roughly. This is a community that's going to get bigger by the day and should have a larger staff. Instead of just one lone Admin and a moderator, it's simply unacceptable. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

In more simpler words, Rod Serling wants to be a mod :P

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

One activ mod and one activ admin isn't enough. We need at least two of each IMO.

Signature_DK.png

#4 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

One activ mod and one activ admin isn't enough. We need at least two of each IMO.

That's how things used to be and then school came up for everyone.

I have an idea for new Mods, and I'll be making a topic about it shortly
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I agree, it needs to be someone who has been here at least a year, and is distanced enough from people that he won't show bias. No offense Rod, but you would make a terrible mod.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

In more simpler words, Rod Serling wants to be a mod :P

I don't want to be mod. Even if I did, I have like a 0.0002 chance anyway.  Maybe next time. 

I agree, it needs to be someone who has been here at least a year, and is distanced enough from people that he won't show bias. No offense Rod, but you would make a terrible mod.

I actually probably would actually do a good job as mod, since I've become a mod on multiple communities and on mariokartwii.com for almost two years. Too much hassle and responsibility. Give it to Auzzie Wingman 

Edited by Rod Serling, 12 June 2013 - 03:34 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

I don't want to be mod. 
I actually probably would actually do a good job as mod, since I've become a mod on multiple communities and on mariokartwii.com for almost two years. Too much hassle and responsibility. Give it to Auzzie Wingman

i agree, Auzzie deserves to be mod!

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

We need more mods for sure

And then we need the dang chat back

And I don't wan it back to be able to talk to you people :P Most the time I didnt even chat I would just join the chat and creep in the back ground :P

I want it back because there have been so many garbage useless posts that have just been "No" "Yes" and a whole bunch of other short little garbage posts 

And those would easily be remedied if the chat was back and then they could have those "discussions" (or lack there of) in there

#9 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yes, I think it would be a good idea for more mods, but who? Who is responsible enough for the position? I honestly don't know.

That aside, I'm pretty sure Mourn is working on it.

#10 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

That aside, I'm pretty sure Mourn is working on it.

Yes, he is.

I was in the process on implementing a few "section mods" and announcing that idea, but I never heard back from two of the users I messaged.  I would have liked to have gotten them in by E3, but I couldn't just go and get another person, while disqualifying the others from the possible position.

In other words, I am going to be testing a section mod idea, I just haven't heard back from some users yet and will likely message them again, or try two other users.

As for Andy and Josh, I have no idea of Andy's absence, I cannot say what the future is for his position just yet.

I have talked with Josh before, and it is likely that he will not remain a mod (he even suggested stepping down afterwards when I brought up a moderation idea a few months ago before both vanished).

Hopefully I can get this section mod idea out pretty soon, I have a confirmation from 2 users, but not the other 2.

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes, he is.

I was in the process on implementing a few "section mods" and announcing that idea, but I never heard back from two of the users I messaged.  I would have liked to have gotten them in by E3, but I couldn't just go and get another person, while disqualifying the others from the possible position.

In other words, I am going to be testing a section mod idea, I just haven't heard back from some users yet and will likely message them again, or try two other users.

As for Andy and Josh, I have no idea of Andy's absence, I cannot say what the future is for his position just yet.

I have talked with Josh before, and it is likely that he will not remain a mod (he even suggested stepping down afterwards when I brought up a moderation idea a few months ago before both vanished).

Hopefully I can get this section mod idea out pretty soon, I have a confirmation from 2 users, but not the other 2.

Thank god!! that is relieving. These spam bot invasions and lack of quality threads have really deteriorated the forums lately :) What would we do without you Mourn!! You have basically single handedly brought this forum out of chaos and have made massive improvements!

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I've only not been around because my router has been having issues lately.

Basically, if I'm gone for an entire day, just assume that I'm having internet issues. Otherwise, I should be checking in every other hour or so cause I have no life. ;3

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

Chaos-sama would be an excellent mod. Please consider recruiting him.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

i agree, Auzzie deserves to be mod!

I think Auzzie stated a while ago that he doesn't want to be a mod.

Are more mods really needed right now though? I haven't been on as much lately, so I don't really know about all of the recent problems. Anyone care to update me on the situation?

#15 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

It's good to know that we'll be getting more mods soon
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:

I think Auzzie stated a while ago that he doesn't want to be a mod.

Too bad... he would make a great mod. I understand not wanting the responsiblity though... It would take some of your free to choose when to be on away :(  

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wasn't paying attention to the board during e3 so I guess I missed something...

We've needed more mods for ages, nothing's going to change unless we start talking about ponies.
Nobody in charge cares about this place.

Also, wasn't there an e3 section last year too? It was your idea?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Chaos-sama would be an excellent mod. Please consider recruiting him.

Thanks for that one up man, but I don't really know. I mean I haven't exactly followed all of the rules here. :P

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...e-3#entry185134

also, to quote our lord and ponymaster, making these threads every day isn't solving anything, just give up. nobody wants to improve this board but the members who won't have the chance to.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I did say that. It's a general idea not to give moderation roles to people who say they want to. It's something that should be decided by the common users of the site. That said, people keep typing up that I should be considered a moderator.

And, if I'm mistaken, I've lately just been on to throw in ideas on how to keep the site clean. I think a few of you grabbed a PM of mine a while back regarding E3. And then there were some status posts too.

I guess my only apprehension to being a mod is that I've never been a mod. That's probably just about it.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!