#1 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Anyone else excited about this game? I for one think it looks awesome. A free roaming futuristic MH style game? Well I'm all excited anyhow.

#2 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

Anyone else excited about this game? I for one think it looks awesome. A free roaming futuristic MH style game? Well I'm all excited anyhow.

The most exciting game of e3 and definitely one of the best looking as well.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

It has absolutely no aspect whatsoever in common with monster hunter. It is nothing like monster hunter, its not even remotely close.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

The most exciting game of e3 and definitely one of the best looking as well.

You mean graphically? I disagree but yes it looks awesome.

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

It has absolutely no aspect whatsoever in common with monster hunter. It is nothing like monster hunter, its not even remotely close.

Ok yeah I know, I just saw a character running about with a huge sword strapped to his back taking on a giant alien type monster thing. MH I'd the first thing that popped into my head.

#6 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

You mean graphically? I disagree but yes it looks awesome.

I don't see how you can disagree with the statement I made that it's "one of the best looking games at E3." It literally is one of the top games graphically.

but you can disagree.  It's OK.

Some people don't agree that 2+2=4.  I don't argue with them...

#7 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

I would disagree on that, but yes the play styles of both games are very different.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

I would disagree on that, but yes the play styles of both games are very different.

yes because monster hunter is the only game in the world with large monsters to fight.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

He said that they want to make a world for you to explore so I wonder what that means for story.

#10 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

POPULAR

Ok yeah I know, I just saw a character running about with a huge sword strapped to his back taking on a giant alien type monster thing. MH I'd the first thing that popped into my head.

crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-2008022910
XBLADEREV03.jpghttp://theparanoidga...BLADEREV03.jpg]

dark_souls_pc.jpg

wowscrnshot112207045628xu7.jpghttp://img183.images...7045628xu7.jpg]

phantasy-star-universe-20060927054422283http://xbox360media....7054422283.jpg]

2011-11-30-skyrim-dragon-fight.jpg

Edited by 3Dude, 13 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think this game looks amazing!!! I can't wait to play this on my U!! Although I don't see any connection with Monster Hunter.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

The game is epic, amazing, is open world, has no loading screen and we're all pumped up for the game. 

But it's not in MH's style... at all. It literally is a different realm. But both are good, so we agree to get the game.

Posted Image

#13 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles.  The only problem is that it taught me what "Pop-in" was.  X looks beautiful though.  My most wanted Wii U game after Smash Bros.  I really wish that the trailer had given us something new like info on the story.  We really didn't learn anything new about the game from the trailer.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

X was thestandout game for me, it looks beautiful, huge and wow the Mechs look awesome, who doesn't like Mechs? Gundam Wing anyone?

#15 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Definitely a must-buy. Day one purchase for me :)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles.  The only problem is that it taught me what "Pop-in" was.  X looks beautiful though.  My most wanted Wii U game after Smash Bros.  I really wish that the trailer had given us something new like info on the story.  We really didn't learn anything new about the game from the trailer.

Xenoblades what taught you what pop in was? What was it your first large scale game?

Xenoblade has one of the best lod systems ive ever seen, especially on a system as weak as wii. You want some serious pop in, try skyrim, or rdr, or dragons dogma.

I was actually really surprised with a lot of ps4/xbone games, the pop in was horrendous, and not like, bushes and stuff, but entire forests and crap. Theyll get fixed, but its still irritating to watch.

X made massive improvements to its lod system in just a few months.

Oh, and yeah, we know about the story.

1. Its a Takahashi game.
2. The lyrics of the song are in English, and they describe the story behind every takahashi xeno game...

we shall be as gods.
2.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Wolf

Wolf

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lego games, all of them.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

This game is obviously aimed more at the Japanese market but I'm so glad it's going to be a free roaming open world game. The Wii U really needs this right now. Did you catch the lighting effects as the character walked through the city? When can I pre order?

Edited by Wolf, 14 June 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#18 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

I already pre-ordered this at Best Buy yesterday. The title is literally "Xenoblade" for the Wii U. Not X, Not Xenoblade U, just "Xenoblade". I realize it won't be out until 2014 but I definitely want one of the first copies. Xenoblade Chronicles was amazing. 

Posted Image

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

X's combat system is really different. It's actually like Xenoblade's. MH is real time combat, and is skill-based. X will be story-based. MH is nThe only things they have in common are  the camera angles, the awesomeness, and the fact they're both Japanese games.

I already pre-ordered this at Best Buy yesterday. The title is literally "Xenoblade" for the Wii U. Not X, Not Xenoblade U, just "Xenoblade". I realize it won't be out until 2014 but I definitely want one of the first copies. Xenoblade Chronicles was amazing. 

Wow what a mistake. Can't believe they made that mistake.

Posted Image

#20 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Xenoblades what taught you what pop in was? What was it your first large scale game?

Xenoblade has one of the best lod systems ive ever seen, especially on a system as weak as wii. You want some serious pop in, try skyrim, or rdr, or dragons dogma.

I was actually really surprised with a lot of ps4/xbone games, the pop in was horrendous, and not like, bushes and stuff, but entire forests and crap. Theyll get fixed, but its still irritating to watch.

X made massive improvements to its lod system in just a few months.

Oh, and yeah, we know about the story.

1. Its a Takahashi game.
2. The lyrics of the song are in English, and they describe the story behind every takahashi xeno game...

we shall be as gods.

It was my first large scale game.  I don't own a PS3 or 360 and I've had enough problems with my laptop that I'm waiting for a new one before doing any PC gaming.  The pop-in only bothered me in Makna Forest where trees were constantly coming into existence not even 15 feet ahead of me. every time I moved or swung the camera.  Having things appear when I'm two seconds away from running into it can be bothersome.  As a result I'm just loving what I see with X.  Every frame looks great and I didn't see any pop-in during the two trailers we have so far.

I wasn't paying much attention to the PS4/XB1 trailers, but really?  Pop-in issues on "Next Gen" hardware?  I...was expecting more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!