Photo

Does Nintendo need to release a new original game series?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Every year I'm basically just looking forward to the usual news about upcoming releases on the big name Nintendo game series like Mario Kart and Super Smash for example.

Should Nintendo look into creating a new game series that could join thier bigger name ranks?

I cant begin to describe any ideas that I would have.
But a good series that doesnt seem like a rip off of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, and all the other games.

Maybe another game combination?
I always though an RPG game with all Nintendo Characters would be fun.
Basically what Smash Bros is, but instead of fighting on a stage, you are in a huge overworld doing adventure quests, and can level up your character and customize them based on who they are.

Okay, basically, a Skyrim rip off with a Nintendo like overworld. Not gonna lie, I'd buy that.

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

I've been dreaming of a Nintendo RPG following the vein of Smash Bros, but it would be hard to do that, as most of the characters are silent protagonists, and seeing Link or Mario talk even through speech boxes will be wierd.

Outside of that, I want Nintendo to fill in the genres that they don't have a game for that Sony and Microsoft do; simulation racer and competative first person shooter, as well as a traditional fighter. In fact, I want to see Miyamoto work on a first person shooter: he said that he really enjoys the genre, and making Metroid Prime first person was his idea. I want to see him make a game that is a mix of Borderlands and Sunset Overdrive.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 15 June 2013 - 04:08 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

It would be called nintendo world XD

I've been dreaming of a Nintendo RPG following the vein of Smash Bros, but it would be hard to do that, as most of the characters are silent protagonists, and seeing Link or Mario talk even through speech boxes will be wierd.

Yeah but mario does talk? 

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

It would be called nintendo world XD

Yeah but mario does talk?

I know he has talked before, but it's just wierd that he talked for more than a full sentance.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

They need to give the funding for the Eternal Darkness sequel, that's what they need to do. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

POPULAR

Every year I'm basically just looking forward to the usual news about upcoming releases on the big name Nintendo game series like Mario Kart and Super Smash for example.

Should Nintendo look into creating a new game series that could join thier bigger name ranks?

I cant begin to describe any ideas that I would have.
But a good series that doesnt seem like a rip off of Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, and all the other games.

Maybe another game combination?
I always though an RPG game with all Nintendo Characters would be fun.
Basically what Smash Bros is, but instead of fighting on a stage, you are in a huge overworld doing adventure quests, and can level up your character and customize them based on who they are.

Okay, basically, a Skyrim rip off with a Nintendo like overworld. Not gonna lie, I'd buy that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

They need to give the funding for the Eternal Darkness sequel, that's what they need to do. 

I think they did because I read on the wiki page of Eternal Darkness this: 

In creating the look of the game, Precursor Games purchased art assets from Silicon Knights which were going to be used on theEternal Darkness sequel before it was canceled. Though Nintendo still owns the rights to Eternal Darkness as well as the patent for the game's unique "Sanity Meter", Precursor Games head Paul Caporicci stated that the studio were in "constant communication" with Nintendo, who are supportive of the project.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

Isn't X based on xenogears?

or xeno wars or xeno something?

someone said there were references in the trailer...

They probably do need to make something new. I don't think they can change their flagship titles enough for them to remain something we care about for much much longer.

Edited by Nollog, 15 June 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

personally, i think every company could use a new ip that isnt a rehash of something they already did, you know, as long as it is good of course, but thats a given

wa3Nq7j.png

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

I know he has talked before, but it's just wierd that he talked for more than a full sentance.

Lol true, he talks at E3 in full sentences XD

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

They really need something other than a platformer, I can't think of any they should do like a likable hilarious puzzle game like Portal, I see alot of people on Miiverse say they should do an Uncharted style game...They shouldn't.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Starfox can be Uncharted
X can be Skyrim
Metroid can be the Shooter

What new do they need?

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Nintendo's IPs never lose flavor IMO but we still need new IPs because some people would disagree.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Starfox can be Uncharted
X can be Skyrim
Metroid can be the Shooter

What new do they need?

X is nothing like Skyrim, are you on drugs? 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#15 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Not really.

That's what 3rd parties are for. Nintendo needs to sell the Wii U using the IPs that sell and we'll see plenty of original game series. Nintendo just has way too many successful IPs already it would be too risky and a waste of resources to try to create something new and this is normal for sucessful companies.

I think he is trying to say X is like Skyrim because it's a huge open world RPG... Calm down.

Edited by EvilMoogle, 15 June 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#16 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Naah... They just need to leave Mario for a second and focus on Metroid, Zelda and StarFox.

Posted Image

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

weed-man_1_.jpg

I guess he's on drugs too.

#18 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Correct correct correct correct correct

#19 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Isn't X based on xenogears?

or xeno wars or xeno something?

someone said there were references in the trailer...

They probably do need to make something new. I don't think they can change their flagship titles enough for them to remain something we care about for much much longer.

From what I know, the entire "Xeno" moniker is there just to let you know it's the same team working on the game. Not quite sure if there's actually direct sequels between the series.

But this is from what little I know based on here-say and almost no research, so take it with a grain of salt.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Nintendo regularly makes new IP's, they're just not advertised as much and never sell as much as their bigger framchises.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!