ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://www.polygon.c...acter-selection

I don't know if this is on here yet, (I apologize if it is), but Polygon interviewed Sakurai, and adding / removing characters is driving him insane, because he doesn't want to make anyone unhappy by removing characters people love, but he wants to add new ones. I thought it was pretty interesting. He also talks about the balance of the game, mechanics of certain characters, and so on.

An interesting read!

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

poor him

#3 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Whoa man he needs a vacation, I always worry about Sakurai how he is the main guy who brings the biggest title Smash Bros and tries to do everything right while thinking like that. He's in his early 40's and I'm already worrying about his work might be passed on to another person, someone controlling the Kirby and Smash series.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

I could do without the ROB. He was boring to play as. 

Whoa man he needs a vacation, I always worry about Sakurai how he is the main guy who brings the biggest title Smash Bros and tries to do everything right while thinking like that. He's in his early 40's and I'm already worrying about his work might be passed on to another person, someone controlling the Kirby and Smash series.

No no, no vacation. The more he takes off the more time it'll take for Smash to be completed. He can take all the vacations he wants when Smash is heading off to stores.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

They better squeeze Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff back into the roster, or I won't be a happy camper.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#6 Viridi

Viridi

Goddess of Nature

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

An interesting read. It shows that he genuinely cares for the series, despite what some of the fanbase may think.

5pjF3yM.png?1?7338

"Nice shot if I do say so myself! Good riddance, human scum! The world's better off without you!"

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Poor Sakurai. We all appreciate the work you put into the series!

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Whoah, take a load off Sakurai, I love smash, but i can wait if its stressing you out this bad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

He needs a reality check if worrying about fan reaction is causing him chronic stress.

Edited by Hunter, 18 June 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

DLC

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#11 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

No no, no vacation. The more he takes off the more time it'll take for Smash to be completed. He can take all the vacations he wants when Smash is heading off to stores.

wow, and the world revolves around you doesn't it. No, it doesn't. He is stressed out of his mind, he is a human being, and he deserves a week on a resort island with a margarita and some sunscreen. Other people still work when he is gone, at most it would cause a 1 day delay in the game.
I like how he is so concerned about the game, he is truly an amazing developer.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

He needs a reality check if worrying about fan reaction is causing him chronic stress.

Fan reaction and sales of his game are his reality.  That's what he does day in and day out.  You and I only play videogames, he has to make them, and make them good enough to make you and I want to buy and play them.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

wow, and the world revolves around you doesn't it. No, it doesn't. He is stressed out of his mind, he is a human being, and he deserves a week on a resort island with a margarita and some sunscreen. Other people still work when he is gone, at most it would cause a 1 day delay in the game.
I like how he is so concerned about the game, he is truly an amazing developer.

Sakurai doesn't take breaks, you should know this with Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Smash Bros Melee. He doesn't stop until the game is done. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

http://www.polygon.c...acter-selection

I don't know if this is on here yet, (I apologize if it is), but Polygon interviewed Sakurai, and adding / removing characters is driving him insane, because he doesn't want to make anyone unhappy by removing characters people love, but he wants to add new ones. I thought it was pretty interesting. He also talks about the balance of the game, mechanics of certain characters, and so on.

An interesting read!

But you see, if he'd get over the stupid and limiting idea of making the rosters the same in both games, this wouldn't even be an issue.

It sounds like he dug himself into this hole all by himself.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#15 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

But you see, if he'd get over the stupid and limiting idea of making the rosters the same in both games, this wouldn't even be an issue.

It sounds like he dug himself into this hole all by himself.

Even if they had different rosters, he stated before that he doesn't want the roster to get too much bigger due to balancing issues and everything like that. So I'm sure he would still get rid of people. 

#16 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

An interesting read. It shows that he genuinely cares for the series, despite what some of the fanbase may think.

I love that he spends his lunch break playing the multiplayer.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Wasn't one of the guys from Capcom hospitalized for stress before? I worry about the poor guy.

Sakurai doesn't take breaks, you should know this with Kid Icarus Uprising and Super Smash Bros Melee. He doesn't stop until the game is done. 

People can literally die from stress. It would be tragic for a man as young as he is to die.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Even if he took out my favorite character (Toon Link) that would be okay with me if it meant good new characters. If i really want to play those old characters i can go back and play that game. I trust he'll make this game as if not more amazing than anything we've ever seen on Wii U. He's on the right track with his most recent announcements imo.
-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I almost had a heart attack, A DEV THAT CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, no, no this is impossible, surley........

#20 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Even if he took out my favorite character (Toon Link) that would be okay with me if it meant good new characters. If i really want to play those old characters i can go back and play that game. I trust he'll make this game as if not more amazing than anything we've ever seen on Wii U. He's on the right track with his most recent announcements imo.

I highly doubt Toon Link will make it unfortunately. I'm worried about quite a few characters actually, and this sort of goes along with it. He's having trouble picking people to get rid of so he can add a sufficient amount of new characters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!