Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

MNN

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has admitted that the reason why former Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends went multiplatform is because the company didn’t think it would sell enough units on the Wii U alone. Guillemot says that the team didn’t want to create a fantastic title only to see disappointing sales, so they brought it to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Guillemot stands by the decision and says it was the right move for gamers and the team.

“What happened was that we saw the Wii U was not going to sell enough of those games. The game is going to be fantastic, and we didn’t want those creators to wind up in a position where even after making a fantastic game, they didn’t sell well enough. We decided that we had to come out on enough machines that players can try it out on any one that they have, and give more time to both improve the game on the Wii U and create versions for the other consoles.”

“I think it was the right decision for gamers and for the team. My role is to make sure that the team is happy with the quality of the work they do and the reach they can have. The quality is there now, because they had more time. They’ve expanded the possibilities of the game. It’s much bigger content-wise. We have new bosses in key levels and so on. The experience is much more complete. I think it will be one of the best games we’ve ever done.”

“Sometimes we have to go against the urge to get to market too fast. We have to make sure we give enough time and resources to our creators to they can reach the potential in their games. This time, they were very close to excellence, but not quite there.”

#2 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

The sky is blue.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Would there really have been any other reason?

Other than being a 3rd party developer wanting to sell units? :P

Thanks for stating the obvious Yves

#4 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

R.I.P. Wii U.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm sure alot of publishers say that.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

R.I.P. Wii U.

Super Smash
X
Bayonetta 2
ACIV
Watch Dogs
Splinter Cell

Me thinks not.
Posted Image

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I don't care. I would have bought it if it released when it was planned to, but now I have too many other better games to buy that I will not buy it. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, Ubisoft screwed themselves.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

R.I.P. Wii U.

R.I.P Xbox One

See? I can say something off topic too. This has nothing to do with Wii U dying, or Ubisoft taking support away. They simply made the game available for platforms that have more gamers. Did you see Rayman Legands on PS4 or Xbox One?

So again, R.I.P PS4.

See what I did there?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

R.I.P Xbox One

See? I can say something off topic too. This has nothing to do with Wii U dying, or Ubisoft taking support away. They simply made the game available for platforms that have more gamers. Did you see Rayman Legands on PS4 or Xbox One?

So again, R.I.P PS4.

See what I did there?

The difference is the Wii U is dead in the water and the PS4 is primed to Dominate this next generation.

Edited by Dharmanator, 19 June 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

The difference is the Wii U is dead in the water and the PS4 is primed to Dominate this next generation.

You don't get it. I don't believe either the Xbox One or PS4 is dead. My point was the comment is off topic, and case in point, so is yours (yes, by default, me replying to you means I am off topic too).

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

R.I.P Xbox One

So again, R.I.P PS4.

See what I did there?

Pretty sure she was joking or being sarcastic. 

Edited by Zinix, 19 June 2013 - 08:12 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 Distractionwolf

Distractionwolf

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Its hilarious to me. I love it, because I got a 3DS very soon after it released too and did this same exact thing - joined a forum to talk about it. And it was filled with so much of this same "R.I.P" stuff. There were people, I won't say trolls because I think that's an idiotic term though I'll admit I'm not sure why else they stuck around, who literally did nothing in that forum but go to every single thread and point out why every single post signaled the death of that console. Sometimes it was a legitimate unfortunate blow, like when Mega Man Legends got canceled, that they chose to blow way out of proportion. Other times it was something like this, news that had nothing to do with the success or failure of the console and they would find a way to make it fit anyhow. I wonder if those people are still around on that forum now that the 3DS is light years from a failure.

Someone should make this a sticky, no they should make it the banner of the whole website. Its a Nintendo console. Its not going to have 50 variations of God of War and 300 clones of call of duty. Some games will be multiplatform, but unlike Xbox and PlayStation, it won't be 90% of the library because Nintendo puts original content, both first and third party, on their machines. That is why people buy them. People who don't like games that are different will generally buy other consoles. And that is ok. But this is a Nintendo console, and no one title makes or breaks us.

Guys, we don't even have shovelware yet. We don't. Don't even bother posting something you think is shovelware cause its not. Go to Wikipedia and type in list of DS or list of Wii games before you do. The wii u doesn't really have, to my knowledge, ANY truly bad games. We have several that no one else can get and we have a few ports. Our install base is low, ready for this? On purpose. No one is really expecting massive sales just yet, this is something that Nintendo has actually been doing for a while. Every time they do it people who care about games enough to come to forums do tend to freak out. But in the end it turns out to all be for not.

With all respect the reason for this reply is to say - its fine. Trust me. I'm going to be mocked cause, you know, the internet... But I've been a gamer sense 1988 and I was almost as interested in the industry as I was the games themselves sense I was six. Hold my hand. Shhhh. Its going to be ok. *strokes hair gently*

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Pretty sure she was joking or being sarcastic.

Maybe, but she has done this on another thread.

#14 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

At least they're honest. Hope the Wii U sales bump up after this Holiday. 

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

They could have said this from the start. Hope it sells enough to warrant a sequel.

I think the worst part was really the delay so close to launch.

#16 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

R.I.P Xbox One

So again, R.I.P PS4.

See what I did there?

It's hardly off-topic.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#17 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

There's a few bad games out there- like that 30 family games or whatever.... But for the most part, the quality of the limited titles has been very good.  I have six retail games- Nintendoland, Mario Bros., Madden, Sonic All star, Monster Hunter and Batman Armored Edition, plus Trine, Nano Assault and Zen Pinball....  There's probably at least a half dozen more that I would like to try, plus what's in the pipeline. If Wii U were cut after Xmas, which it won't, there's enough for me to keep me busy for a long, long time. 

Its hilarious to me. I love it, because I got a 3DS very soon after it released too and did this same exact thing - joined a forum to talk about it. And it was filled with so much of this same "R.I.P" stuff. There were people, I won't say trolls because I think that's an idiotic term though I'll admit I'm not sure why else they stuck around, who literally did nothing in that forum but go to every single thread and point out why every single post signaled the death of that console. Sometimes it was a legitimate unfortunate blow, like when Mega Man Legends got canceled, that they chose to blow way out of proportion. Other times it was something like this, news that had nothing to do with the success or failure of the console and they would find a way to make it fit anyhow. I wonder if those people are still around on that forum now that the 3DS is light years from a failure.

Someone should make this a sticky, no they should make it the banner of the whole website. Its a Nintendo console. Its not going to have 50 variations of God of War and 300 clones of call of duty. Some games will be multiplatform, but unlike Xbox and PlayStation, it won't be 90% of the library because Nintendo puts original content, both first and third party, on their machines. That is why people buy them. People who don't like games that are different will generally buy other consoles. And that is ok. But this is a Nintendo console, and no one title makes or breaks us.

Guys, we don't even have shovelware yet. We don't. Don't even bother posting something you think is shovelware cause its not. Go to Wikipedia and type in list of DS or list of Wii games before you do. The wii u doesn't really have, to my knowledge, ANY truly bad games. We have several that no one else can get and we have a few ports. Our install base is low, ready for this? On purpose. No one is really expecting massive sales just yet, this is something that Nintendo has actually been doing for a while. Every time they do it people who care about games enough to come to forums do tend to freak out. But in the end it turns out to all be for not.

With all respect the reason for this reply is to say - its fine. Trust me. I'm going to be mocked cause, you know, the internet... But I've been a gamer sense 1988 and I was almost as interested in the industry as I was the games themselves sense I was six. Hold my hand. Shhhh. Its going to be ok. *strokes hair gently*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!