Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Nintendo Everything

Square Enix made a surprise announcement during Sony’s E3 2013 press conference last week. Kingdom Hearts III, a title fans of the series have been dying to see for many years, was finally revealed. It was later confirmed that an Xbox One version is in the works as well.

Sadly, Square Enix’s tradition of not releasing Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo home consoles will likely continue. Tetsuya Nomura all but ruled out a Wii U version of Kingdom Hearts III at Square Enix’s Future of Final Fantasy E3 event a few days ago. When asked about the title possibly coming to Wii U, Nomura explained that the team is developing it using DirectX 11. Square Enix can only bring the game to hardware that is “appropriate” for Kingdom Hearts III.

The Wii U’s inability to properly support DirectX 11 is apparently one of the major reasons third-parties pointed to when asked why their PlayStation 4/Xbox One games aren’t planned for Wii U. That could be a significant problem for the console and Nintendo going forward.

sad_face.gif

#2 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

... Can I send my Wii U back so they can add it real quick? Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem can keep me busy while I wait... Just please...

#3 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well, until I read the whole quote, I question what he means. Is there a specific feature the Wii U lacks that they need? Pas4 doesn't support DirectX 11, and since this isn't an Xbox One exclusive, that can't be a reason. Or is it that Wii U uses Power ISA? Or, maybe by appropriate he meant something else. Until u see the full quote, though, it's hard to say.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Well that sucks. Oh well I buy my Wii U for games like Mario and Zelda any way.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Square enix not supporting wii u confirmed. See I told you KH3 wont come to wii u they might as well put another spinoff of 3ds just to troll wii u. :( Nintendo I hope you go portable only!

Edited by Brando67854321, 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm laughing at the fact that they are making an Xbox One version, a console that is not popular in Japan or if anybody in the world wants it besides casuals that do not know the flaws behind it, and the series never once made it into a Microsoft System.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

They what?
It's a console game, why are they developing it for microsoft windows?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

POPULAR

As has been said before, PS4 is not using DX11 either.  However, both PS4 and Wii U's GPUs are capable of DirectX11 equivalents found in OpenGL.  

Aside from that, the whole argument is a red herring.  Even if Wii U was only capable of DX10 equivalents, it wouldn't matter, none of the engines being created for these games require this API or that.  They adapt game engines to the environment they are developing for.  As they are adapting the PS4 version of the engine to be compatible with that platform, and vice versa.  If this was a legitimate excuse, we would have never seen any multiplat on PS3.

This is a tactic being employed to discredit the Wii U as a platform, because everyone now knows that Wii U is more than capable of running all of the same engines that the other platforms will be running, thanks to companies like Crytech and EPIC, they are now trying to confuse people with talk of DX 11 like the PS4 is actually using it.  Shameless.

As far as why they actually aren't bringing it to Wii U, I know that if I were Sony I would not want to have to compete sales wise with the Wii U with regard to KH3, and if I were Microsoft, I would pay anything to have it on XBOX if only to say "here's our commitment to Japan".  Between the two of those companies, if it released on the Wii U the Wii U version would decimate them in sales.  Nintendo fans are already partial to KH.

Another reason could be, seeing as Nintendo still seem to be figuring out how to use their new system, that the tools still aren't mature enough to enable the use of DX11 equivalents.  This can also be seen through Unity, and they said in candid conversation that Wii U Unity will scale to DX11 equivalents, but it isn't there yet, Nintendo is already employing rendering techniques that were first seen in DX11 and it's equivalent OpenGL version (they are hard to follow).

So Nintendo has some catching up to do with regard to fully realizing the potential of their own system, and developing the tools to help developers, but there is literally no valid excuse for passing up the Wii U with KH3.  Custom GPU or no, their decision was made purely due to their unwillingness to develop to custom logic, which is lazy, and will cost them sales in the long run.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Julio93, on 18 Jun 2013 - 1:37 PM, said:I'm laughing at the fact that they are making an Xbox One version, a console that is not popular in Japan or if anybody in the world wants it besides casuals that do not know the flaws behind it, and the series never once made it into a Microsoft System.

The same thing could be said for the Wii U in for other games.

#10 Mara

Mara

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    DC Comics, One Piece, Monster Hunter

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

R.I.P. Wii U.

tumblr_mnhpywxuMx1ryr1z3o1_250.gif

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

As has been said before, PS4 is not using DX11 either.  However, both PS4 and Wii U's GPUs are capable of DirectX11 equivalents found in OpenGL.  

Aside from that, the whole argument is a red herring.  Even if Wii U was only capable of DX10 equivalents, it wouldn't matter, none of the engines being created for these games require this API or that.  They adapt game engines to the environment they are developing for.  As they are adapting the PS4 version of the engine to be compatible with that platform, and vice versa.  If this was a legitimate excuse, we would have never seen any multiplat on PS3.

This is a tactic being employed to discredit the Wii U as a platform, because everyone now knows that Wii U is more than capable of running all of the same engines that the other platforms will be running, thanks to companies like Crytech and EPIC, they are now trying to confuse people with talk of DX 11 like the PS4 is actually using it.  Shameless.

As far as why they actually aren't bringing it to Wii U, I know that if I were Sony I would not want to have to compete sales wise with the Wii U with regard to KH3, and if I were Microsoft, I would pay anything to have it on XBOX if only to say "here's our commitment to Japan".  Between the two of those companies, if it released on the Wii U the Wii U version would decimate them in sales.  Nintendo fans are already partial to KH.

Another reason could be, seeing as Nintendo still seem to be figuring out how to use their new system, that the tools still aren't mature enough to enable the use of DX11 equivalents.  This can also be seen through Unity, and they said in candid conversation that Wii U Unity will scale to DX11 equivalents, but it isn't there yet, Nintendo is already employing rendering techniques that were first seen in DX11 and it's equivalent OpenGL version (they are hard to follow).

So Nintendo has some catching up to do with regard to fully realizing the potential of their own system, and developing the tools to help developers, but there is literally no valid excuse for passing up the Wii U with KH3.  Custom GPU or no, their decision was made purely due to their unwillingness to develop to custom logic, which is lazy, and will cost them sales in the long run.

Oh in that case Squeenix's excuse is just unicorn tongue and they need to get of their asses and quit being wimps.

R.I.P. Wii U.

I wouldn't go far as to say that miss. Nintendo needs to just educate other devs on how to use their components then there would be no problems.

Signature_DK.png

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Announces at sony conference:
Accidentally claims it only runs on microsoft exclusive api's.

lol.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Julio93, on 18 Jun 2013 - 1:37 PM, said:I'm laughing at the fact that they are making an Xbox One version, a console that is not popular in Japan or if anybody in the world wants it besides casuals that do not know the flaws behind it, and the series never once made it into a Microsoft System.

The same thing could be said for the Wii U in for other games.

They will change their minds about clinging to the Xbone. Just give them time.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

They will change their minds about clinging to the Xbone. Just give them time.

My advice give up oh and I AM NOT A TROLL!!!!!!

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

He...never said you were a troll.  :huh: 

He wasn't even talking to you, for that matter. :mellow:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Give up? That sounds like trolling to me.

Signature_DK.png

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Then STOP FOLLOWING ME! :angry:

...that makes even less sense then you claiming he called you a troll in the first place.

EDIT: Anyways, this is getting severely off-topic. Any further posts about the derailing of the topic will be met with warning points all around.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Then STOP FOLLOWING ME! :angry:

Actually he is a mod so I would be careful what you say to him. Just my advice.

EDIT:Sorry to GC. I just saw the edit.

Edited by Rose Red, 18 June 2013 - 01:27 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#19 Brando67854321

Brando67854321

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

Give up? That sounds like trolling to me.

No it's not! nintendo has not have any good 3rd party support in years! They had the opportunity to fix it with wii u but they screwed up 3rd parties even further. Now nintendo is in a VERY bad position they cant get out of!

Edited by Brando67854321, 18 June 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

No it's not! nintendo has not have any good 3rd party support in years! They had the opportunity to fix it with wii u but they screwed up even further. Now nintendo is in a VERY bad position they cant get out of!

Keeping on topic of what Routerbad said there is a similar build that Squeenix could use so it seems more like Squeenix is at fault for not accepting this new build. 

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!