Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

I'm 22 years old (which might be kind of old here? I don't know...)

I've been playing Nintendo games for a long time! Although, most of my favorites come from the 2000 - 2003 time frame. My favorite game is Animal Crossing, but I've kind of lost faith in that series now as Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about it anymore. Hopefully the 3DS version will change that.

My favorite series are Zelda and Pokemon. They are two game series that I feel have kept a great consistent since the beginning. I'd put Zelda before Pokemon in that, though. So Zelda is probably my favorite series. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, while Crystal is my favorite Pokemon game.

Anyway, I must also say that the Wii was a disappointing console for me. I have faith in the Wii U, and I hope that Nintendo turns things around. I can't wait to see Nintendo games in HD graphics and hopefully with a better online structure. Of course, that can't assure that their games will actually be up to par, but here's to hoping!

So, I guess that's it. Everything else about me is pretty much said by my signature, I'm a major band nerd. lol

Edited by Envy, 30 August 2011 - 05:30 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#2 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

Welcome to the Wii U Forums Envy. :) Nice to see another long-time Nintendo fan. (I'm only 15, but you get the point.) I'll lay out some help guidelines for ya.

#1: If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask any of us Guides (You can tell by our orange titles), or our Administrators, AMAC and Feld0.

#2: I think you'll have a great time here provided you follow the rules, which can be found here. http://thewiiu.com/f...ms-ruleset-152/

Also, I too am a big Nintendo fan, and was...less than enthralled with the Wii (although, I do really enjoy its good games) and am very hopeful about the Wii U. I hope you have a good time on our forums!

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hey there, Envy!
Welcome to the Wii U Forums.
I'm Auzzie Wingman, and you can ask me anything.

I think what we'll see in "Welcome to Animal Crossing" (3DS) is a much bigger upgrade in mechanics, in comparison to the upgrades to the DS and Wii. It looks like we'll be getting themed rooms, based on other Nintendo serials (fingers crossed for Golden Sun and Pokemon), as well as swimming. It also looks like they expanded original mechanics, like creeping up on bugs to catch them. All in all, I look forward to it... which is totally normal for a 19 yr old boy ' >_>

My favourite title in the Legend of Zelda series has been pretty much any handheld specific title. Oracle of Seasons was my first Zelda game, so it's no wonder in that sense. I also like Majora's Mask, but I never got up to the second dungeon IIRC. Played it a long time ago.

My favourite title in the Pokemon series would have to be Blue. I suppose that is more based on being the first Pokemon game I defeated the Pokemon League in. Truly quite the experience way back when.

Lol, I may be the only person alive who has genuinely played the Wii consistently since I got it. Low standards = bigger range of available games. :P

Well, Collector beat me to the proper specifics, so I thought I'd just comment on what you said. I really do hope that you enjoy the Forums. This place is really positive, and with a staff duo like Feld0 and AMAC, it's going to stay that way for many times to come.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

I've been playing Nintendo games for a long time! Although, most of my favorites come from the 2000 - 2003 time frame. My favorite game is Animal Crossing, but I've kind of lost faith in that series now as Nintendo doesn't seem to care much about it anymore. Hopefully the 3DS version will change that.

My favorite series are Zelda and Pokemon. They are two game series that I feel have kept a great consistent since the beginning. I'd put Zelda before Pokemon in that, though. So Zelda is probably my favorite series. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, while Crystal is my favorite Pokemon game.

Anyway, I must also say that the Wii was a disappointing console for me. I have faith in the Wii U, and I hope that Nintendo turns things around. I can't wait to see Nintendo games in HD graphics and hopefully with a better online structure. Of course, that can't assure that their games will actually be up to par, but here's to hoping!

So, I guess that's it. Everything else about me is pretty much said by my signature, I'm a major band nerd. lol

Hi. I'm Lord N, the biggest Pokemon fan here on the forums, and I hope you won't challenge me :P
Anyways, if you have any questions, just ask Feld0, AMAC, or one of us guides( listed in order of Awesomeness).
Anyways, may I ask why you thought the the Wii was disappointing?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#5 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

@Gamecollector44 -I actually read the rules before my first post. I'm a good newbie like that. :P

@Auzzie Wingman - Animal Crossing 3DS does look quite good. However, I remember thinking the same thing about City Folk. Nintendo really made it look good at E3 2008 with "OMG! We have holidays and four houses back!" but then I got the game and I could not believe how lazily done it was.

It's likely that AC:3DS will change this, just from what little we've heard about it. But after City Folk, I have to be cautiously optimistic with this series.

@Lord N - Lol don't worry about that. I'm sure you already have me beat because I haven't even gotten a game from the 5th Generation yet.

I found the Wii disappointing because there's really only one series I enjoyed more on it more than I did on the GCN and that's Mario Kart. Coming out of the GCN generation my two top favorite games ever had become Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Brawl disappointed me. You can say I overhyped it, because I did. I had fun doing so! But I honestly believe I would have been disappointed with Brawl whether I had hyped it or not. Animal Crossing's sequel on the Wii? Don't even get me started on that. I honestly wish it had never existed.

I must add that I was not disappointed in Twilight Princess, I just can't consider it a Wii game as I got it for the GCN, and obviously it was built to be a GCN game. Hopefully SS will redeem the Wii a bit for me.

I don't know if it's that I'm getting older, but I also was interested in a lot less games that came out for the Wii. I hate to say it, but I really think my PS2 has gotten more gameplay than my Wii this last generation. It certainly has if we cut off the amount of time I have used the Wii just to play GCN games!

BTW, I see that this forum is full of MLP:FiM fans. I may not be as obsessed with the show as many others, but I think it is way better than the early MLP stuff. I love Pinkie Pie! ^_^

Edited by Envy, 30 August 2011 - 06:39 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

What type of genre's do you like? I ask because even though I felt the same about the stuff you mentioned, My wii has gotten the most playtime any system I've ever owned.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#7 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

What type of genre's do you like? I ask because even though I felt the same about the stuff you mentioned, My wii has gotten the most playtime any system I've ever owned.

I suppose life simulation is my favorite. But typically on consoles I enjoy adventure/RPG games the most.

I haven't branched out. On the Wii I stuck with only names I knew, and I suppose that might be the problem. But I don't know, it's also how long games keep me occupied. Melee was fun for me for all of the years it was out. Brawl just wasn't.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

I'll admit, Brawl and Melee had nothing on the N64 classic.

I can think of around 40 games I really enjoyed for lots of hours on the Wii. And there are still a few more I need to add to that list.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

I suppose life simulation is my favorite. But typically on consoles I enjoy adventure/RPG games the most.

I haven't branched out. On the Wii I stuck with only names I knew, and I suppose that might be the problem. But I don't know, it's also how long games keep me occupied. Melee was fun for me for all of the years it was out. Brawl just wasn't.

Yeah, most of the wii's best games were small little titles. It was because of these that My Wii is my Favorite home console. That, and it has BIT TRIP.

#10 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Hi Envy, welcome to the forums!

I use to play Animal Crossing on the Gamecube all the time, haha. It was one of my favourite games. :) I'd say my favourite game for the Gamecube was Pikmin 2. I also see you're a Paper Mario fan! Paper Mario is a great game. :) I can't wait for Paper Mario 3DS.

#11 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:51 AM

Welcome Envy!

Don't worry about your age ;)

As I see you're already getting along with all of us, so there isn't alot for me to say, besides: HAVE FUN! :D

#12 Starrgrl24

Starrgrl24

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Kirby and myself

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

I thought I was old and I'm only 18 years old...yes 22 is definitely old here. :P

It's great to meet you!

I absolutely agree with you that 2000-2003 were some of the best years! Super Mario Sunshine was released in 2002~ Aah...I missed the late 90's and early 2000's. Those were my childhood years. :) I miss those times. My favorite series is Kirby, Donkey Kong, and most of all Yoshi. I hope you enjoy your stay here! There's plenty to talk about. :D

I am a band nerd too. :D I'm a music major sooo...music is literally my life. I'm more of an orchestral person, but I've played in jazz band and concert band back in high school. xD

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

I used to be a major Pokefreak, and now I'm a Zelda Fanatic. So, welcome! If you need any help, contact AMAC or Feld0. BEST MODS EVAH!!
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#14 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Zelda is also my favorite series, and Animal Crossing is up there.

Crystal is also my favorite Pokemon game.

Anywho, welcome, and have fun!

#15 Paper Isam

Paper Isam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Paper Mario and others.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ohay, welcome to the forums. You like Paper Mario? IT'S MY FAVORITE :D

I play a lot of Pokemon as well, and my favorite games are definitely the 2nd generation ones.

I don't play a whole lot of Zelda, but I like the games that I've played so far.

Animal Crossing is great too, I have high hopes for the 3DS version!

And I'm in band as well xD I play Baritone >.>

If you have any questions, you can ask the admin (Feld0), the moderator (AMAC), or any of the Guides (like me) :3

Edited by Paper Isam, 31 August 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#16 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Welcome!

I LOVE Zelda! What's your favorite game?

Remember to read the rules and ask the aforementioned people for help!

I used to be in band, but I'm taking chorus this year (7th Grade).

So, I'll say my motto and we'll be done!

Post lots
Participate
Have fun!

That's PPH if you need an acronym.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#17 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Thanks, everybody! (Typically don't get this many responses to an introductory topic.)

@starrgrl24 - I'm a music major, too. Once I transfer out of community college (next year, hopefully) I hope to go into Instrumental Music Education to become a band director.

@Paper Isam - I loved the first two Paper Mario's. Never tried Super Paper Mario, though. It didn't look like the first two so I never bothered. Paper Mario 3DS looks great, though!

And you should switch to a woodwind. :P (I kid, but I used to be on the brass side. Now I can never look back. ;) )

@Bartman2 - Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game.

Chorus is choir, right? I could have never been in that... I am not the singing type.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#18 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Welcome to the Wii U forums, the best and biggest forums of them all!
Well, I am a Guide, the Guides names are in orange. Guides assist you with any help you need, and they welcome new members in, that aren't trolls.
My name is nintendo3DS, as you can see. I am a Brony, Yoshi, and Luigi fan!

So if you need any non-technical assistance, just PM a Guide like one of us (Auzzie or me).
If you haven't read the rules yet, here's a link: http://thewiiu.com/f...ms-ruleset-152/
There's also another link that I must unveil to you, it's for new members: http://thewiiu.com/f...-new-%E2%80%A2/
Don't hesitate to PM AMAC, our moderator, or Feld0, our administrator.

Also, I see you like Pokemon, I too am a huge Pokemon fan. Until they released Pokemon Black/White, one of the worst Pokemon I've ever see created. Generation1 FTW!

#19 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Hi, and welcome to the Wii U Forums. If you require any help, call upon any of us Guides. If you want any moderation, ask AMAC, or Feld0.
Please read the rules. Once you're cool with those, you'll have an awesome time here.
Don't worry; you're not the oldest person here. I've seen people at the age of around 30, but it's nothing to be ashamed of! Head on over to the chat, whenever you feel like it. You'll find lots of awesome people in there.

Posted Image

#20 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hello Envy! Welcome to the forums. Your username keeps reminding me of my mom's old ugly car. My name is GunGoomba, and I am a big Nintendo fan. As the other users/ponies (lol) said, you can ask Feld0 and AMAC help if you ever need me. I hope you enjoy the forums. Peace out!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!