CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hello everyone.

Today i'm here for another one of cookie's famous (not here) stories. This story involves why youtube is going to die a horrible death at the hands of google, along with gmail itself.

No, "One channel" is just a small piece of it. Read at your own choice, there's no swearing or vulgar language involved- But it may be terrifying. Slightly.

So, i was doing my daily routine one day, and got on my PC.

I happily went directly to youtube, and attempted to sign in. However, this was not the case, as nothing happened- Except for a file that downloaded to my PC. It was called "watch-4143924390x9" or something along those lines. After carefully inspecting it in properties, i found it that it had...

FULL ACCESS TO MY PC!?

tumblr_ma7qrvvFHZ1rsw1yf.gif

[Gif courtesy of tumblr]

Yes, indeed it did. So after immediately deleting the file and freaking out for a second, i figured "It must be a phishing trick [Phishing- fake version of a website that takes your details] and researched the page, coming to a hopefully OFFICIAL youtube this time. However, i soon discovered it was not a phishing trick at all...

It was an actual feature of the website. Youtube..GOOGLE..was trying to give me a trojan virus!

Oh my god.

So i then went to (sadly) create a new gmail account, for my..new channel..

Wait, what?
So after following every sign up instruction and filling out the forms, i noticed something.

The third step said.. 

atDnHnn.jpg

GOOGLE REQUIRES YOU TO ENTER A PHONE NUMBER BEFORE MAKING A GMAIL ACCOUNT.

This means that google must have your phone number to call you..and see what you're doing...to make a gmail account, and by extension; a YOUTUBE ACCOUNT AND CHANNEL! 

"So what?" i hear you say. "That's just far-fetched. Why would google want your phone number for /bad/ reasons!?" To be honest, i don't know. It could be anything. But..It will turn off alot of new channels. People won't even want to bother with a 15-minute long wait for a phone call from google, so google can see their phone and such to make sure they're legit.

Along with the unpopulation of small channels, this could remove new channels from ever really growing big. The big, existing channels will take hold of youtube forever.

I don't want to watch a Pewdiepie-only youtube, thank you very much.

[TL;DR version: GMAIL/YouTube requires your phone number, oh god]

86c.gif

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

This is wierd, I have gmail, I'll check it out later, but yes I have to agree ever since Google brought Youtube it's been geting worse periodicaly over the last few years, starting to hate Youtube now.

#3 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

Paranoia will destroy ya

Just give in to there demands... Google can be trusted :3

Hurry and run while you still can...theyre listening to us right now!!

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

The phone number is good, I use their 2-step verification service.
Voice call is for when your phone is being a beige quilt and decides not to receive the sms, they call you and an automated voice gives you the code.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Soon they'll get worse and worse and worse until they start to listen tothe people's complaints.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

I don't have gmail, I use hotmail... or used to until they made this outlook crap lol :P

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Paranoia will destroy ya

Just give in to there demands... Google can be trusted :3

Hurry and run while you still can...theyre listening to us right now!!

Believe me, anyone that thought "tailored ads" was a good idea CANNOT be trusted

86c.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!