Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

http://kotaku.com/xb...-time-514419715

So basically, Microsoft has turned into a passive-aggressive girlfriend where she's going "OH FINE! If you don't want my DRM then I Guess you don't want these Features either!!!"

They seriously aren't helping me change my mind about the xbox one

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Its funny, even if they are doing this, the internet still doesn't give a damn. Heck even i don't. You want an Xbox One? More power to you, the console is great, but the head honcho's behind it are not likable or trustworthy.  they started the fire, they put out the fire weeks later. Like a bad President trying to be liked, nobody's impressed.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

The only thing they should have cut was the price.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#4 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

Lose Kinect then i might think of getting one 

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

I live alone and i'm not concerned about cloud storage so this doesn't bother me.

Signature_DK.png

#6 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

http://kotaku.com/xb...-time-514419715

So basically, Microsoft has turned into a passive-aggressive girlfriend where she's going "OH FINE! If you don't want my DRM then I Guess you don't want these Features either!!!"

They seriously aren't helping me change my mind about the xbox one

Not at all. The features were linked together. It'd be like saying "I don't like this house demolish it!" then when they do , "No! I lost my cool bathroom too" The patent on the cool features was tied to the used games and online DRM. You get rid of those of course you loose the good too.  Like when ps3 cut their cost by removing a chip. We lost ps2 backwards compatibility.  

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Not at all. The features were linked together. It'd be like saying "I don't like this house demolish it!" then when they do , "No! I lost my cool bathroom too" The patent on the cool features was tied to the used games and online DRM. You get rid of those of course you loose the good too.  Like when ps3 cut their cost by removing a chip. We lost ps2 backwards compatibility.  

These are features that can EASILY be implemented, has nothing to do with DRM being on the console or not. The PS3 price was cut because their hardware was cut with it, meaning creating a PS3 was cheaper thus selling the PS3 is cheaper, the family plan is not something where you need to connect to the internet every 24 hours or not being able to play used games. Buy a game and your family are allowed to play it, why must a xbox connect to the internet every 24 hours to do this??? the simple answer is... it doesn't.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

These are features that can EASILY be implemented, has nothing to do with DRM being on the console or not. The PS3 price was cut because their hardware was cut with it, meaning creating a PS3 was cheaper thus selling the PS3 is cheaper, the family plan is not something where you need to connect to the internet every 24 hours or not being able to play used games. Buy a game and your family are allowed to play it, why must a xbox connect to the internet every 24 hours to do this??? the simple answer is... it doesn't.

It's all about the patent. That's why Ps3 does not do custom music in games as good as 360.  The used games + DRM = they could monitor who owned the game and make sure that allowed them to share it digitally. People wanted NO used game penility + no needing to connect every 24. so they can't follow the games as honestly what would stop you ripping entire game to system, selling disc and still playing it? It's bad but it is a bad that was needed to give gamers what they wanted.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Microsoft - The definition of throwing your toys out of the pram!

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

It's all about the patent. That's why Ps3 does not do custom music in games as good as 360.  The used games + DRM = they could monitor who owned the game and make sure that allowed them to share it digitally. People wanted NO used game penility + no needing to connect every 24. so they can't follow the games as honestly what would stop you ripping entire game to system, selling disc and still playing it? It's bad but it is a bad that was needed to give gamers what they wanted.

They could still do it for downloads so that anyone who wanted that feature gets to "choose" to have DRM on their games in order to benefit from the game sharing.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbox one, xbox, microsoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!