• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Agreed to an extent in this regard- why did they use resources to create this at this point in time when they need new titles?  I could see releasing something like this down the road- even for Christmas but now?  

That said, maybe in a year or two I'll buy this- 82 new levels for $20 does't seem too bad.  Just don't need it at this time.

Either way, It's disappointing to me.

Same as how the NSMB2 DLC was disappointing.

Nintendo think they need a hook to make DLC, they don't. What they need is to just give me the same game, with all new levels every year like Call of Duty or Battlefield or Ass Creed or Rockband or etc. in DLC form instead of as a new disc based game and I'd be perfectly happy.

€/$20 for a NSMBU-like game once a year for the 5 or 6 years of the console makes them a lot of money, and me a lot of fun gameplay.

#22 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

It is really fun to replay it using Luigi physics. It is either dumb luck that you pass through a course the first time, or, the Luigi 'on ice' mechanics make some of those courses almost impossible on you first try. 

My only criticism is that I wish they gave all four characters a revamp. Nabbit is cool and all, but when you play with your kids, one of them has to be the Toad, which is essentially the same Toad that they were before (I could be the Toad I guess, but I bought the damn thing, LOL). 

#23 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

I don't even understand why this game exists and Paper Luigi DOESN'T.

I mean, God's sake, they already have the books written, make a damned game about Luigi's adventures in the Waffle Kingdom!

I'd buy it over this recycled nonsense!

I remember that from TTYD... it should be DLC for the next Wii U paper Mario.

No sig.

#24 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

• 82 brand new levels
  • Nabbit character / playable
  • Luigi has unique physics - jumps higher , stays in air longer, slides when stopping
  • 100 second timed levels

Although some many not like these features, it certainly is well done DLC.

Hard? Yes it is with Luigi's unique characteristics... play with Nabbit LMAO.  :laugh:

#25 marcaravalos007

marcaravalos007

Spiked Goomba

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Fandom:
    nintendo games

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

• 82 brand new levels
  • Luigi has unique physics - jumps higher , stays in air longer, slides when stopping

with 100 second timed levels i hope the lvels are shorter and easier to pass

#26 erics

erics

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

• 82 brand new levels

with 100 second timed levels i hope the lvels are shorter and easier to pass

They aren't. In fact, only harder.

New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Darksiders II, Lego City Undercover, Little Inferno, New Super Luigi U, Earthbound, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, The Wonderful 101...

#27 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

So... Does anyone here have it? If so, how is it? :3

I have it. 

JxkHfIT.png

#28 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I liked it more than the original and although it is overall more difficult than MarioU there isn't a single level that's even as close as Pendulum Castle in terms of difficulty.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

I liked it more than the original and although it is overall more difficult than MarioU there isn't a single level that's even as close as Pendulum Castle in terms of difficulty.

Yeah, the difficulty in nsLu is in the crappy controls they give you as Luigi.
The levels are designed so you almost need to die to know when to slow down or run-jump.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

It is really fun to replay it using Luigi physics. It is either dumb luck that you pass through a course the first time, or, the Luigi 'on ice' mechanics make some of those courses almost impossible on you first try. 

My only criticism is that I wish they gave all four characters a revamp. Nabbit is cool and all, but when you play with your kids, one of them has to be the Toad, which is essentially the same Toad that they were before (I could be the Toad I guess, but I bought the damn thing, LOL). 

Hah. Best post ever.

zeldasig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!