Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

So guys,

What are your opinons on the Wiimote Nunchuck combination?

Personally I really like it as it works very well with games like Super Mario Galaxy + 2,Metroid Prime Triology and Pikmin + 2. I wouldn't say it's better than an ordinary controller, but still good nonetheless

Share you opinons below! 

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#2 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

I dont like it at all. Its half the reason I skipped almost all the wii games even though I had a wii. DKCR would have been better with regular controls.

#3 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Its great for games like Mario Galaxy and Pikmin, but for games like Metroid I had a hard time getting used to at first, It does take a while to handle games where you need to move and look around at the same time (for example, first person shooters). But besides that i think its ok to hold, use the motion controls do work well in some games (wii sports, skyward sword, mario party etc). Am glad they kept them for the Wii U. But i still use the Gamepad a ton more for Wii U games.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#4 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

It depends on the game. FPS are better with motion, thats why most killzone users on ps3 used move.  It's great for an action adventure game like Zelda or Metroid. However racing , fighting , and most are better with pad. Though sports games can be either. Example golf is great with wiimote+  (no chuck) but football (either usa or uk) is best with a pad.

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Love it. Super Mario Galaxy, Pikmin, and Metroid Prime Trilogy are just a few great examples. In Wii U games though, I'd like to see more Gamepad use than Wiimote and Nunchuk. Both control schemes work well, and I have no problem with using both like in Pikmin 3, but I think more emphasis should be put on the new tech.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

The majority of Wii Games and most Wii U games can use either pro controller if you're not a fan of the Wiimote+nunchuck. I personally love all the controller setups, so i suppose it's really down to personal preference.

Edited by CookieEpic, 24 June 2013 - 01:57 PM.

86c.gif

#7 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

I never minded the Wiimote and Nunchuk. They made for some cool control styles. I still like traditional and touch control better though.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

I've just been using the game pad exclusively.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 Nintyfan86

Nintyfan86

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

It was great when games did not try to over do the motion stuff. Think about Prime 3. How much better would it have been if her ship were controlled without the motion stuff?

What I am trying to say miss, when it simplified gameplay by making the interface more intuitive, it was great. When motions took the place of buttons, and the whole time you wished you had buttons, it sucked. That said, PS Move over complicated the concept. So, the controller was probably the best way it could have been used. I just wish more genres supported it like Conduit did with customization.

#10 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Depends on the game. Normal controlers good allpurpos controler. Wiimote is great for fps(althoe demanding more skill but also more reward), some sports, first person fighting, and nitch games. Terrable for racers and platformers.

#11 ChrizAkaTheMole

ChrizAkaTheMole

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Sonic, Star wars, WWE , DBZ

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

PS Move over complicated the concept.

I thought move improved it. It was more acurate and everything was a plus except no motion in the nav.

#12 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

I wish they would've ditched it completely and went back to regular controls.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#13 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

It is nice in controlled instances.  It's still too inaccurate/unresponsive to be used as a main form of control for the vast majority of games IMO.

zeldasig.jpg

#14 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Love it. Amazing for FPS. Metroid Prime Trilogy is heavenly with this control scheme. I can't bring myself to go back and play MP 1&2 on GC. I just can't.
Posted Image

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Overpriced and anoying, I need one for Wii U for certain games but considering it's a last gen controller why are they still so expensive.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!