#1 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Violence today due to guns is pretty much a normal occurrence. Lately due to mass shootings like the one at the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado and at Sandy Hook Elementary School has brought up discussion on the best way to prevent mass shootings. I don't really think there is an ideal solution to reducing gun related violence, because banning guns just simply wouldn't work, and even gun ownership regulation has some flaws. I don't think we shouldn't do anything about it, because it is obviously becoming a big issue. I think having more security at schools and other public places might reduce the chance of a mass shooting. But like I said, I don't really think there is an ideal solution to reducing the amount of gun related violence and mass shootings. 

I actually wrote an essay about this, I will post it later. 

What are your thoughts on the issue of gun violence, and gun ownership regulation? 

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think it can go either way:

Guns protect us from the bad guys.

Bad guys harm us with guns.

Remove the guns and the bad guys will kill us with illegally-owned guns.

Keep the guns and the bad guys will kill us legally-owned guns.

(Though I'm a little biased as I live in Florida, where we have a very simple Stand-your-ground Law: Intruder breaks into your home and you feel that your life is threatened? Kill 'em.)

Edited by Tom, 29 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Honestly the way the world is moving forward with in tech, there's no real way to stop gun violence. Gun ownership I think could have been sorted out long time ago but I agree with others that they have the right to bare arms. 

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

tumblr_mh853bEJpE1s1q25wo1_400.gif

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't think there's a lot that can be done to stop these tragedies. I'm just glad I live in a country where we don't shoot each other constantly and mass killings are very very rare.

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

It's american TV, on the news they never ever show anything happy or normal, every single time you put the news on it shows that someone has died, mass shooting, suicide, Liturally anything to do with death it's on american TV every day. So people get more scared making the media in control of the people (when it should be the opposite way around). Thus leading some people into peer pressure and end up doing the killing themselves.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

I'm from the UK, we have a completely different view on guns, so from our perspective the Ammerican gun laws are stupid and they shouldn't be allowed. I don't mean to cause offence, it's just growing up in a completely different background, looks like gun crimes in the US are getting stupidly worse though, that should be an indicator that something is wrong though.

#8 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

Guns in the hands of those with great responsibility, that's what I think. 

Our media does a great job in trying to get us to believe that guns are evil and that no good could come from owning an gun. Yet people don't realize little by little, they're trying to strip us of our rights to possess firearms. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#9 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

UnchainedGoku: I'm from the UK, we have a completely different view on guns, so from our perspective the Ammerican gun laws are stupid and they shouldn't be allowed. I don't mean to cause offence, it's just growing up in a completely different background, looks like gun crimes in the US are getting stupidly worse though, that should be an indicator that something is wrong though.

Blame the media. They over publicize everything. Gun related crimes have been decreasing in the United States since 1993.

Australia had a gun ban, and that didn't exactly help them.
Armed Robberies went up 69%
Assualts w/Guns 28%
Gun Murders 19%
Home Invasions 21%

Notice though, gun laws are only to affect guns, not crime itself. The UK actually suffers more crime per 100,000 people at 2,034 vs the US at 466.

Highest Gun Ownership Rate Per 100 Residents:
1. US: 88.8
2. Yemen: 54.8
3. Switzerland: 45.7
4. Finland: 45.3

Highest Intentional Homicide Rate Per 100 Residents:
1. Honduras: 91.6
2. El Salvador: 69.2
3. Côte D'ivoire: 56.9
4. Jamaica: 52.2

103. US: 4.8

Posted Image

#10 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

I don't think there's a lot that can be done to stop these tragedies. I'm just glad I live in a country where we don't shoot each other constantly and mass killings are very very rare.

greetings from planet earth :-P

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

The solution is clearly plasmids.

Incinerate!_Slide_3.png

Evolve today!

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic