Photo

Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF15 (the official video what square enix said about dx11)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

So, as u can see, square enix didnt even speak about wii U at all. 

You can watch the answer at 52:25  but the overall conversation about platforms start at  47:45

Since wii U supports all dx11 features (computing spus, shader model 5, tessellation unit), it could be considered. That also a proof that what someone said (journalist) in his twitter, it was not true.

Edited by Plutonas, 01 July 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't see what's so hard for Square to just admit that they don't want to put it on the Wii U because they're afraid of not making enough money.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

well they didn't even speak about wii U. Only a journalist assumed that... And that's why I posted it, because the rumor that wii U does not support it, is false.

Edited by Plutonas, 01 July 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#4 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, which is understandable since he is a creative director not a programmer or graphics designer.

Nevertheless, the whole thing is just nonsense. Based on what he said about the game being built in DX11 and then porting it to supported consoles, the only platforms that meet those requirements are the PC and Xbox One,

The game is obviously not a Xbox One exclusive so once again a Wii U version isn't impossible, since DX11 has nothing to do with console ports.

Edited by Arkhandar, 01 July 2013 - 06:26 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

I love how the guy's reading from a page, and right next to him the translator is writing down what he's saying...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

I saw this interview, live, when it happened.. 2 days after, someone said "wii U does not support dx11 because square enix said "  and it was strange for me, because I saw the interview! They didn't said anything about wii U, at all... Not even PC.  Square enix delayed to post that interview,  as a video on their page.. they did today!.  But I knew all along, that square enix didn't comment about wii U... others didn't believe it, because they believed a troll journalist who posted that on his twitter  :)

so this is the proofs.... And I agree, dx11 tools have nothing to do with consoles... only for the xbox one and pc.

Edited by Plutonas, 01 July 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

Please can you post this on Neogaf... I know you have an account.

#8 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

I think they perma banned me, because I supported wii U.. without reason... they gave me a reason like " ehhhhhhhhh uhhhhh"  something like that.. lol  But never logged since, to check if it was temporally.  I dint accepted that wii U have a 4xxx gpu and I made them lots of questions, so one day I got banned.. lol

I think they are industry trolls, not tech experts... They promoting things and if they tell u something, you have to obay them.. In my nature, I never do that.. :P

In IGN who they also hate wii U, they accepted the fact that wii U is dx11 compatible in features.. Neogaff still talks about 4xxx gpus.. But some guys do speak loudly there, that wii U supports dx11 features. The games presented at E3, speak on themselves...  We dont need to say anything.

Even pikmin 3 is enhanced with dx11 features.. (adaptive tessellation, shader model 5.0).

Edited by Plutonas, 01 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I think they perma banned me, because I supported wii U.. without reason... they gave me a reason like " ehhhhhhhhh uhhhhh" something like that.. lol But never logged since, to check if it was temporally. I dint accepted that wii U have a 4xxx gpu and I made them lots of questions, so one day I got banned.. lol

I think they are industry trolls, not tech experts... They promoting things and if they tell u something, you have to obay them.. In my nature, I never do that.. :P

In IGN who they also hate wii U, they accepted the fact that wii U is dx11 compatible in features.. Neogaff still talks about 4xxx gpus.. But some guys do speak loudly there, that wii U supports dx11 features. The games presented at E3, speak on themselves... We dont need to say anything.

Even pikmin 3 is enhanced with dx11 features.. (adaptive tessellation, shader model 5.0).

Ok good to know. Looking forward to even bigger graphical showcases on Wii U next year. Let's hope ubi doesn't F us over with watchdogs.

#10 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think they perma banned me, because I supported wii U.. without reason... they gave me a reason like " ehhhhhhhhh uhhhhh"  something like that.. lol  But never logged since, to check if it was temporally.  I dint accepted that wii U have a 4xxx gpu and I made them lots of questions, so one day I got banned.. lol

In IGN who they also hate wii U, they accepted the fact that wii U is dx11 compatible in features.. Neogaff still talks about 4xxx gpus.. But some guys do speak loudly there, that wii U supports dx11 features. The games presented at E3, speak on themselves...  We dont need to say anything.

that kinda is a sad dirextion to be going in.

#11 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

Sometimes people read what is not there and take their own conclusions.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

Sometimes people read what is not there and take their own conclusions.

When your job that you are paid to do is being a journalist, thats called incompetence.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Maybe SE are waiting for Wii U sales to pickup before announcing KH3 for Wii U, that's my hope anyway.

#14 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

When your job that you are paid to do is being a journalist, thats called incompetence.

Happens to the best, too.

#15 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I think they don't want to rework the engine for the different architecture, mainly to cut costs.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Don't you mean impotence? LOL 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

And it's not just this game that's skipping out on the Wii U. NBA 2K14 isn't doing a Wii U version either!
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#18 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

And it's not just this game that's skipping out on the Wii U. NBA 2K14 isn't doing a Wii U version either!

tumblr_m57xd65swZ1qjvxfho1_500.jpg

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Very random

#20 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

I was just saying that KH was not the only game that won't be made for the Wii U. I apologize and realized now that everyone knew this.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!