#41 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

A new metriod would really show what the system is capable of, And throw a online mixture of mag meets metroid, federation armies going against the pirates, to amazing to imagine.

#42 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

The only official mention of Metroid was talking about possible concepts, which included the scan visor. As evidenced by Other M, Sakamoto cares more about gameplay (Actually, Other M is a terrible example) than writing short scientific logs about the creatures in the Metroid world, so either Retro are making another Metroid game or they it's just speculation.

Also for people whining about Metroid and saying they won't make another, a quick google search of "Retro not making anymore Metroid games?" shows random links and the only thing of relation is a blog post on 1Up entitled "Retro may return to Metroid one day".

#43 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Duplicate topics merged. We originally started a topic about Retro's Wii U project back when this place was still called Wii 2 Boards.

#44 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:05 AM

Duplicate topics merged. We originally started a topic about Retro's Wii U project back when this place was still called Wii 2 Boards.

That explains the bump and unreadedness.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that either the ED2 rumor was true (Wishful thinking), they're working on FZero or they're making a new IP. My monies' on the last one.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#45 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

I am SO glad to see some other big Star Fox fans in here... as I have said elsewhere, I would love for Retro to get behind the wheel of this franchise (though I think a DK game is more likely, for the reasons mentioned above).

To answer some of the questions asked above about other franchises, I would DEFINITELY suggest playing Eternal Darkness if you are at all a fan of Puzzle/Adventure games with a scary twist. The game is definitely not for everyone (it's too slow for some and two horror-esque for others), but I think its story, its depth, and its atmosphere are some of the best in a Nintendo game. As for Metroid: Other M, I have to say that I am a fan. I am in the minority for liking this game, I know, but I think that it does actually preserve the core of the Metroid experience, while offering an interesting take on the standard Metroid gameplay. The script is pretty bad, I can't lie... it's melodramatic, overplayed, and it ruins a bit of Samus's mystique by making her incessantly reflective and overly sensitive... but the overal experience is a good one (cinematics and all), and I found myself happily replaying it on hard mode the day after I beat it.

#46 NightShade

NightShade

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon Blue Exorcist Kingdom Hearts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

Im hoping its a new IP.

but they did say "something everyone wants" which is VERY vague considering theres nothing everyone really wants. Some people want a metroid, some want a DCR, but alot of people want a new IP.

>:D

im suspecting mario kart wii U to be they're project though.

#47 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

What do you want Retro to do next? Surely they are working on at least one launch title. I think they need to make a war game like Call of Duty but make it futuristic. Nit like aliens and space ships but with futuristic guns and armor. Call it Heroes of War, maybe. And all the guns should be real guns but "future " version s of them.

What do you guys think should be Retros next game?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#48 Two-Tailed Link!

Two-Tailed Link!

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic,Mario,Pokemon,Zelda,Kid Icarus

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

idk... Metroid Prime 4 would be better..IMO
KID ICARUS UPRISING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

Retro Studios made some fantastic games for the N64. I don't think they should make a war game, their are already too many games of those kind. Retro should make something original, maybe.

#50 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Retro Studios was made for the soul purpose of making GCN games and beyond. It was not founded for N64.

But yes I think something original. I don't want a Metroid Prime 4.just yet. What other ideas u guys got !! :)

#51 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Retro Studios made some fantastic games for the N64. I don't think they should make a war game, their are already too many games of those kind. Retro should make something original, maybe.

I think you're mixing Rare with Retro...

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#52 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

I think you're mixing Rare with Retro...

Maybe. Lawl. It sounded right to me. XD

#53 CBNS

CBNS

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

They could make new Ice Climber 3D co-op game that you can enjoy playing with your friend. Cute looking game with lovely epic story of power and friendship in hard times and stuff like that. It could be like the best parts of lego games, Super Mario and Bubble Bobble mixed in one Nintendo/Retro Studios game.

Players already know Ice Climber characters because Smash bros games.. And actually male players can enjoy playing cute looking games with little bit of girls attractive touch if those games are actually good like Bubble Bobble, Kirby, newest Zelda etc. ^_^

#54 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

If Retro is indeed developing a title for Wii U, I can think of 5 possibilities:
Star Fox
F Zero
Metroid
Donkey Kong
New IP

#55 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

I think it would be super awesome if Retro made a new IP just for the Wii U.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#56 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

I agree Retro needs to do a new UP. Let the creative munder loose.

#57 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

They could always just revive Raven Blade in spectacular HD.5

AuzzieWingman.png

#58 Jumbo Worm

Jumbo Worm

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Metroid

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

They need to make a new F-Zero. Now. They worked on the track designs and layouts for Mario Kart 7, so they already have some sort of practice with racing.

Edited by Jumbo Worm, 01 December 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

#59 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

maybe retro should work on an FZERO game
ps - i just now saw your comment jumbo

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 01 December 2011 - 07:16 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#60 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

They need to make a new F-Zero. Now. They worked on the track designs and layouts for Mario Kart 7, so they already have some sort of practice with racing.

They fell short in just about every other department in that game, I'll be brutally honest.
However, the game was rushed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!