routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Never played the original so yes.  My preorder is almost paid off.

#22 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Will get it, but prolly a few months after release

#23 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Pffffffffttttttttttttt, yeah, if I have the stupid money #atthemomentmylifesucks

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

I haven't quite decided yet. I played the original but never finished it. I wasn't to keen on the sailing parts. The sailing in this new one is supposed to be shorter and less frustrating. The price won't go down for a long time if at all so I might just bite the bullet.

#25 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I never played the original, and since there's not a lot of games I want to buy for the Wii U this year, I might get it during the 1st month if I find it cheap somewhere. Maybe wait til there's 2nd hand copies.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#26 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hell yes, never played the 1st and my Wii-U is crying out for games. :)

#27 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

I have the gamecube gold version but still plan to buy the wii u version. It's my favourite Zelda game though and for me was the most magical of all the Zelda games. I hate paying full price for anything but will probably buy close to launch when I see the first reasonable discount on full price. I hope the game is tidied up to remove additional loading etc. Considering how much memory the wii u has and the fast optical drive I really don't see why you need to ever wait for anything to load. I hope they use background loading and hold adjacent areas and houses in memory so you open a door and go straight in without delay. This will massively enhance the experience and make it seem more open world. I'm not expecting everything to be perfect I think Nintendo are rushing this a bit.

#28 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm not expecting everything to be perfect I think Nintendo are rushing this a bit.

They're rushing it because the Zelda team said they want to deliver a better experience for the "true HD Zelda on the Wii U" but that's taking them longer than expected so they want to give something to Zelda fans anyway.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#29 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Probably will get it day 1 but im not excited for it played it before.

#30 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have never finished the first one (got stuck in the prison, and never found my sword). I might buy it, but it depends on the price.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#31 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I have the gamecube gold version but still plan to buy the wii u version. It's my favourite Zelda game though and for me was the most magical of all the Zelda games. I hate paying full price for anything but will probably buy close to launch when I see the first reasonable discount on full price. I hope the game is tidied up to remove additional loading etc. Considering how much memory the wii u has and the fast optical drive I really don't see why you need to ever wait for anything to load. I hope they use background loading and hold adjacent areas and houses in memory so you open a door and go straight in without delay. This will massively enhance the experience and make it seem more open world. I'm not expecting everything to be perfect I think Nintendo are rushing this a bit.

Nintendo said that they can load the whole world at once, so after an initial load it won't need to render anymore. That's why they had the faster sail; otherwise you would end up reaching a spot before it loaded, unless you want loading screens like in Twilight Princess.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#32 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

Nintendo said that they can load the whole world at once, so after an initial load it won't need to render anymore. That's why they had the faster sail; otherwise you would end up reaching a spot before it loaded, unless you want loading screens like in Twilight Princess.

Where did you get this information I've not seen it. I think what you mean is it loads in all the map, level data at the beginning and that sounds absolutely fantastic. When you get immersed in a game I always find a loading screen really annoying. This really sounds like it will be massively improved in playability.

Really perhaps this game, mario wii u and perhaps a bundle of demos including mario kart should be included on the same disc for the big christmas bundle promotion with the wii u console at a retail price of £229 (discounted to £199).

#33 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

No way. I read that nintendo looked at remaking twilight princess and skyward sword and decided this was the right one to do? All the videos ive seen do not make it look like a game that requires an hd update. Its a bit like watching the simpsons on hd tv doesnt make it look any better than standard definition because its just plain colours and outlines. The other to zeldas I mentioned earlier would have looked amazing re made. And with amazing looking new generation games coming out nintendo really should have shown off a bit with an hd zelda. It could have shifted a load of consoles

#34 Mc_Boing

Mc_Boing

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'll be getting it. Haven't played the original.

Posted Image

#35 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

Where did you get this information I've not seen it. I think what you mean is it loads in all the map, level data at the beginning and that sounds absolutely fantastic. When you get immersed in a game I always find a loading screen really annoying. This really sounds like it will be massively improved in playability.

Really perhaps this game, mario wii u and perhaps a bundle of demos including mario kart should be included on the same disc for the big christmas bundle promotion with the wii u console at a retail price of £229 (discounted to £199).

It was in the Wind Waker HD Developer Direct. The thing I loved the most about Wind Waker is that you can sail from one side of the ocean to another and go on all of the islands in between, and a loading screen won't show up unless you go inside a building.

There will most definitely be bundles foe this game and Mario U, but I don't see it being on the same disc. It would be really cool if it did come with a demo disc of games like Mario Kart or something.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#36 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I was excited at first but now I've decided not to buy it.

I'm not paying so much for a ten year old game which offers nothing new but HD.

And even with this, it'll still probably cost the same amount as the GameCube version costs now.

I'm also not sure I get this aversion to "lol the game is old im not paying dat much" as if age has somehow made the game, regardless of ratings, not worth any sort of money above $10. 

To answer the TS's question, no I'm not. I already own the GameCube version. In this case, it isn't worth the money to me to spend $40-60 on a game I already own. If it were Wind Waker on the 3DS, I'd probably consider it because portability...but it's not, so I'm not considering it.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#37 /Deluxe32/

/Deluxe32/

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wind Waker U.

So what do you guys think about it?

#38 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

I kinda want it, but at the same time, it looks just like the same game with an updated gui and shaders.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#39 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

I sadly missed the first so i'm buying this . :)

Signature_Fox.png

#40 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm buying it, but it is literally the same exact game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!