• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=614076

I agree. Nintendo's marketing is awful. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Nintendo used to be all over with marketing, they must of been drunk in a meeting and decided going the Sega route with marketing was a good idea....they should stop.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Can't say i'd blame Platinum if they decide to drop support for the Wii U, I mean seriously Nintendo? Your not even bothering promoting their games in magazines? If Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 fails, that would make 3 titles from Platinum Games that has flopped on Nintendo platforms.

Edited by VGCrasher, 05 July 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#4 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

Can't say i'd blame Platinum if they decide to drop support for the Wii U, I mean seriously Nintendo? Your not even bothering promoting their games in magazines? If Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 fails, that would make 3 titles from Platinum Games that has flopped on Nintendo platforms.

Nintendo is funding development of both games.  Thats why they are the publisher, and thats why even if both games sell poorly, they will remain exclusive to the Wii U. 

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

Nintendo is stupid for not advertising anything!!! When will they get it into their thick skulls that games and consoles need advertisement! No one I know knows what a Wii U even is!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Nintendo Japan.

This isn't about NoA, who we all already know suck at advertising their products.

NoJ probably have some plans.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Nintendo is funding development of both games.  Thats why they are the publisher, and thats why even if both games sell poorly, they will remain exclusive to the Wii U. 

I never said anything about Bayo 2 or W101 coming to PS3/4 and Xbox360/One, i'm saying that Platinum Games may not want to support Nintendo anymore of all their games keep failing on Nintendo consoles.

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

There`s still a long way to go.

Nintendo promised a ND specially for this game. So it`s coming soon.

#9 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

It really isn't that great to advertise too far in advanced. Otherwise people start to ignore the advertisments and so not notice when it is actually available.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

There`s still a long way to go.

Nintendo promised a ND specially for this game. So it`s coming soon.

A Nintendo Direct will never be the equivalent of an advertisement.

Nintendo Directs are for people who already know what the product is, and just want to learn more about it, so I'm not going to be buying that argument.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yeah. Nintendo's marketing is TERRIBLE. Outside of a few AC:NL commercials from time to time, I haven't seen anything.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yesterday at the theater before my movie started there was a 10 minute special on the Xbox One.  Have yet to see even a TV commercial for Wii U.

Edited by kokirii, 05 July 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Yeah. Nintendo's marketing is TERRIBLE. Outside of a few AC:NL commercials from time to time, I haven't seen anything.

I saw an ACNL ad last night at the movie theatre, it ran before Despicable Me 2.

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=614076

I agree. Nintendo's marketing is awful.

Nintendo's marketing for their consoles is awful. For their games, not usually. Is this game even out right now? Isn't coming out two months from now? Previews usually come out a month before the game for magazines. Stores don't put bill boards up for a new IP two months in advance. And I have never seen a TV ad for a game that isn't available or won't be within a week.

So chill out. Let's not assume bad choices when the choice hasn't even been made yet.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

A Nintendo Direct will never be the equivalent of an advertisement.

Nintendo Directs are for people who already know what the product is, and just want to learn more about it, so I'm not going to be buying that argument.

How many games get the tv ad treatment? How many get even the web ad treatment? The reason isn`t just lack of money, it`s also that not every game despite that treatment, will provide the desired profits.

It`s not necessary for a game to sell well, to have that kind of advertisement. If there`s good marketing behind it, it can also work. You just need to know how to market it, even if that means selling it to your crowd - because that (crowd) alone, doesn`t garantee a success.

Look at Madworld: a game with very little market appeal on a (mostly) casual, non-gamer crowd, still managed to sell about 700.000 units. House of the Dead, even better.

Nintendo of America @NintendoAmerica 3 jul

Introducing #WonderfulWednesday! Here’s Wonder-Red. Help him unite his team of heroes in #Wonderful101 pic.twitter.com/igjLaspQmS

More marketing behind it.

#16 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

MorbidGod, on 05 Jul 2013 - 7:31 PM, said:Nintendo's marketing for their consoles is awful. For their games, not usually. Is this game even out right now? Isn't coming out two months from now? Previews usually come out a month before the game for magazines. Stores don't put bill boards up for a new IP two months in advance. And I have never seen a TV ad for a game that isn't available or won't be within a week.

So chill out. Let's not assume bad choices when the choice hasn't even been made yet.

How many advertisements have you seen for Game & Wario or NSLU on TV? I haven't seen any. Nintendo's marketing strategy in America is awful. They rarely promote upcoming games, and commercials for the Wii U have stopped airing in New York. Nintendo is also horrific when it comes to advertising 3rd party games, this is evident through history. NOJ seems to have woken up, they're airing commercials for NSLU and Pikmin 3, they are even airing commercials for the system itself again.

The point is that Nintendo wanted/thought that this system would sell on the "Wii" name alone, which has proven to be a idiotic mistake. Microsoft and Sony noticed this, that's why they have started airing commericals/promoting in advance. Since the launch of the Wii U, Nintendo's marketing strategy has been abysmal. Many of the casual consumers are still nescience and believe the Wii U is an accessory.

When a developer comes on twitter to say he feels Nintendo hasn't done promotion for a game that lauches in September, and I believe in August for Europe, you know its bad.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

How many advertisements have you seen for Game & Wario or NSLU on TV? I haven't seen any. Nintendo's marketing strategy in America is awful. They rarely promote upcoming games, and commercials for the Wii U have stopped airing in New York. Nintendo is also horrific when it comes to advertising 3rd party games, this is evident through history. NOJ seems to have woken up, they're airing commercials for NSLU and Pikmin 3, they are even airing commercials for the system itself again.

The point is that Nintendo wanted/thought that this system would sell on the "Wii" name alone, which has proven to be a idiotic mistake. Microsoft and Sony noticed this, that's why they have started airing commericals/promoting in advance. Since the launch of the Wii U, Nintendo's marketing strategy has been abysmal. Many of the casual consumers are still nescience and believe the Wii U is an accessory.

When a developer comes on twitter to say he feels Nintendo hasn't done promotion for a game that lauches in September, and I believe in August for Europe, you know its bad.

Why would they advertise DLC? NSBLU won't be buy itself until later. And the wario game I don't know. I hardly watch TV and I don't care about that game, so I am nor looking for advertising.

But in the past, Nintendo does advertise their games good. Historically speaking, Nintendo does good with games and horrible on their consoles. Especially GCN.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Why would they advertise DLC? NSBLU won't be buy itself until later. And the wario game I don't know. I hardly watch TV and I don't care about that game, so I am nor looking for advertising.

But in the past, Nintendo does advertise their games good. Historically speaking, Nintendo does good with games and horrible on their consoles. Especially GCN.

#19 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

They should atleast start revealing more footage of the game...
Either way, Platinum's exclusives on Wii U are the most interesting to me thus far. The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 will be day 1 purchases for me.

Edited by BnB, 05 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#20 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Can't say I disagree with him. It was pretty dumb of Nintendo to not include it on their Best Buy E3 kiosks. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!