Photo

A realistic new direction Nintendo should think about.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

Why should Nintendo put up with such bad press from big developers. "YOUR NINTENDO, F-THEM" Why not ditch the big 3rd parties all together and make it a in house and indie dev only console. Make it so easy for anyone to upload there games and the dev company's that sells best and makes the best games, gets investment by nintendo to produce bigger and more AAA style games. They could encourage young sports game devs to take down e.a, in the future, which I would love! My grammar might be bad but can you see what I mean?

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

A console with NO 3rd party games is probably the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. And this is probably the biggest overreaction I have ever seen to EA not putting games on the Wii U.

#3 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

A console with NO 3rd party games is probably the stupidest idea I have ever heard of. And this is probably the biggest overreaction I have ever seen to EA not putting games on the Wii U.

Technically the indie games WOULD be third party.  He's referring to not closing them out completely, but making them compete on the exact same footing as indie game developers.  I don't quite see how it would work, but a very interesting idea indeed for what its worth.

#4 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

If nintendo advertise it right to the right people it would work. A LOT OF GAMERS probably spend a lot more time playing games on there mobiles tablets etc meaning simplier more addictive online games/challenges are big business. The way it stands is if you want to play c.o.d, battlefield, FIFA your gonna buy an xbox or playstation so nintendo rather than trying to compete in that market and clearly losing, go in a completely new route promoting the simpler but more fun games aand helping new developers get noticed and giving us nintendo gamers something thats ours and new rather than us "hoping" we get a version of AAA game.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

*EA doesn't announce games for Wii U* "Nintendo should Ditch ALL third parties all together!!!" Seriously???

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Nintendo started gaming, and now gaming has got bigger than nintendo needs it to be.
We have a console that is being pushed aside by big game producers and we have it for 5 years.
SO if you want to play big AAA games like gtav crysis FIFA you sshould quite clearly own an xbox. Simple.
I would be happy to start again with gaming, watch nintendo start helping people who wouldn't usually get noticed, get there games to us and grow from there sales giving us customers more content and more importantly new experiences. We would still get huge games from the masters themselves of course. What's cooler, wearing what everyone else is wearing or finding your own style?

#7 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Indie and Nintendo games only sounds kinda like a Steam approach, and I wouldn't buy a console just for that
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#8 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Nintendo started gaming, and now gaming has got bigger than nintendo needs it to be.
We have a console that is being pushed aside by big game producers and we have it for 5 years.
SO if you want to play big AAA games like gtav crysis FIFA you sshould quite clearly own an xbox. Simple.
I would be happy to start again with gaming, watch nintendo start helping people who wouldn't usually get noticed, get there games to us and grow from there sales giving us customers more content and more importantly new experiences. We would still get huge games from the masters themselves of course. What's cooler, wearing what everyone else is wearing or finding your own style?

But what if we want games like the ones you listed and have Nintendo games too, but we don't have enough money to buy all consoles. See, if Nintendo gets 3rd Party Developers, then we would have all of them in 1 system and there would be no need to get the other(unless you also want the other's exclusive and have enough money). We can't just have only Nintendo for their 1st Party games and Indie which 10% of them will be actual good games and the other 90% will be garbage that you find on your:

mobiles tablets

Look at how much time its taking for Nintendo to give us the Big Games. We can't rely on them and Indies. 
Nintendo are great and all, but they aren't the gods most fans make them out to be.

Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Exactly why not have 3rd parties. Amazing Nintendo games+Amazing advertised 3rd party games=success

#10 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Forgot to mention in my OP, but isn't EA the only 3rd party taking a proverbial dump on the Wii U? Ubisoft is developing games specifically for it.

#11 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Nintendo just needs to put clear advertisements on shows like American Idol and Family Guy to get the public aware: "This is the the Wii U, the latest console by Nintendo [...] play your games in stunning 1080p, or on the GamePad [...] play favorites from the NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and more from the Virtual Console [...] watch your favorite TV shows and movies on services like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant Video [...].", maybe replace Nintendo Land  with Game & Wario (it makes much better use of the GamePad in my opinion); only then will the system sell. 

#12 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

A console like this really couldn't survive solely on indie games in it's current state, well it could but it wouldn't look great to the public. 

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

It could work and be very successful, on the other hand it could fail miserably.

#14 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have no problem with Nintendo just staying the course for now, but starting with the release of pikmin 3, Nintendo needs to ramp up its marketing efforts big time.  Their marketing for Wii U is non existent right now, and without proper marketing the Wii U wont be able to come out of this slump.  Even game Nintendo releases this year needs to have a real marketing campaign.

On a seperate note, Nintendo seems to be the only major publisher that has adapted to making money in the new market.  The Virtual console for example is a huge money maker for Nintendo, I think its about time more and more publishers got onboard and started releasing some of their old school gems digitally.  They dont have to be straight rom ports either, look at Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD.  A solid HD version of a Xbox game released digitally.  What people have to realize is that the textures and poly count models used in games are scaled down from orignal models created.  So the majority of older games from the GC/Xbox/PS2 games, the developer already has high res textures and high poly count models that they could use, and give their old game a new facelift without much work.  Its sad, but so many of these publishers work in a world that if they cant make 50 million dollars on a game, then its not worth creating.  Take Nintendo for example, Game and Wario didnt start out as a real game, but Nintendo saw some potential to make some revenue on a niche product.  This is a game that probably wont sell more than 200k, but thats still money in thier pocket.  A couple million dollars in profit from a game that started as a pack in demo wouldnt be to bad.  Anyone think that releasing digital HD versions of the Prince of Persia games might make some money?  I think so, but  it seems like publishers are slow to devote any resources to a potential gold mine.     

#15 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Anyone think that releasing digital HD versions of the Prince of Persia games might make some money?  I think so, but  it seems like publishers are slow to devote any resources to a potential gold mine.     

Ask and you shall receive. 

13348145.jpg

Fresh from 2010.

Developers have been regularly putting out HD Collections ranging from Devil May Cry to Splinter Cell. Even Okami and Beyond Good & Evil have gotten HD ports.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Maybe they do this, but they should get behind some talented young developers- create a Wii U incubator, if you will.... This would work great on eShop.

#17 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Why should Nintendo put up with such bad press from big developers. "YOUR NINTENDO, F-THEM" Why not ditch the big 3rd parties all together and make it a in house and indie dev only console. Make it so easy for anyone to upload there games and the dev company's that sells best and makes the best games, gets investment by nintendo to produce bigger and more AAA style games. They could encourage young sports game devs to take down e.a, in the future, which I would love! My grammar might be bad but can you see what I mean?

u sir are an idiot

#18 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

I like the idea of indies coming to Nintendo for funding, I like it a lot, that could end up with lots of extra exclusive indie support, and indie games (generally) won't put too much of a hole in their pocket.

But getting rid of third parties altogether is just outright stupid, no offence.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Indie and Nintendo games only sounds kinda like a Steam approach, and I wouldn't buy a console just for that

Why would you buy any console then?

But what if we want games like the ones you listed and have Nintendo games too, but we don't have enough money to buy all consoles.
Look at how much time its taking for Nintendo to give us the Big Games. We can't rely on them and Indies. 
Nintendo are great and all, but they aren't the gods most fans make them out to be.

Videogames are a luxury product, you buy them with money you acquire which is not spent on essential items such as food and/or water.

Edited by Nollog, 13 July 2013 - 04:44 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Nintendo always had 3rd party support, it just lacked the big titles.

People do buy Nintendo consoles because of 1st party games, but if there were literally no 3rd party, i`m sure a lot of mom and dads would either never get one or just buy one when the library is really big (closer to the console`s demise).

Even if we added Indie games, nothing would change. Only a few of them or highly known. The rest is played but it doesn`t consoles/mobiles/facebook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!