Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thinking of taking a vacation to Europe this summer? If a trip to iconic city of Moscow or the edgier St. Petersburg is on your bucket list, an anti-gay law recently passed in Russia may have you thinking again. It is now outlawed to be ‘out and proud.’

In a throwback to the country’s authoritarian ruling, Russian president Vladimir Putin has signed a controversial law that punishes people for “homosexual propaganda.” The law fines people—including tourists—up to 200,000 rubles ($6,240 CDN) for “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations.” For Canadians—where same-sex marriage is legal—it is unfathomable that Russia’s laws permit the government to arrest and detain gay, or pro-gay, foreigners for up to 14 days before they would then be expelled from the country.

So what is considered pro-gay? Anything from gay-affirmative speech to hand-holding; even displaying a rainbow flag alongside a maple leaf on your backpack is illegal. Recently in southern Russia, there were complaints that Elton John’s stage outfits fell under “gay propaganda.” While LGBT are being told they are unwelcome in Russia, with such vague definitions, one wonders if anyone who even looks like they might be gay could also be fined or deported from the country.

According to Voice of Russia, any display of affection between same-sex couples could cause a “distorted understanding” that gay relations and heterosexual relations are socially equivalent, and risk spreading Western liberalism. Putin claims the law doesn’t discriminate against LGBT people, but rather—in an argument riddled with faulty logic—is there to “protect children from pedophilia.”

With Gay Pride celebrated around the world, from Sydney, Australia, to Toronto, and with same-sex marriage currently legal in 13 countries with still more countries, including New Zealand and Uruguay, following suit, it is difficult to image a country voting to enact such uncompromising and harsh laws.

And how are these new laws going to impact tourism and the world’s spotlight on the upcoming 2014 Winter Games in Sochi? Will LGBT visitors—or anyone who embraces the gay community—want to visit the games? While Russia’s laws stigmatize and target the gay community, Brazil’s Ministry of Tourism is working to encourage the LGBT community to visit. Brazil, which is hosting the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, as well as the 2014 World Cup.

Fortunately, for LGBT travellers looking to take a vacation, there are other parts of the world more receptive to welcoming them with open arms—or at least not promising your vacation could wind up with jail time. Air Canada has gay and lesbian travel packages to places as diverse as Aruba and Tel Aviv, and promotes Copenhagen, Denmark as one of the first countries in Europe to legalize same-sex marriage. Or closer to home, New York’s Out NY Hotel advertises itself as “straight friendly.”

http://www.traveland..._medium=twitter

Well, this is one step backwards.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

It's Russia, the president is slowly becoming the ruler there any way not to mention he is filthy rich, and lol have you seen Russia's driving?! it's insane and totally chaotic this just proves that they wont focus on anything decent like driving class laws. 

wjapt2.jpg

#3 ugguy

ugguy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • NNID:uglyguy

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

Russia marches to a very different drum beat to the rest of Europe it would seem, this is a country that is supplying arms to Assad's regime in Syria, where three women were incarcerated for singing an anti-Putin song in a church, and where a younhg lad who came out to his mates was brutally killed by them. The country stands alone and isolated in a continent where all other countries are mostly tolerant and accepting of diversity and freedom of speech. The most worrying thing is that Russia is one of the two biggest countries in the world!

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

I totally want to visit Russia now.

#5 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

"In Soviet Russia, Gay tourists arrest YOU!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

But yeah, this is messed up.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#6 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's Russia, the president is slowly becoming the ruler there any way not to mention he is filthy rich, and lol have you seen Russia's driving?! it's insane and totally chaotic this just proves that they wont focus on anything decent like driving class laws. 

Russia really doesn't have speed limits on there roads. There is few that actually do. Have you ever noticed how nearly every vehicle has a dash camera? It's because if they get in a crash they need it for proof or the insurance company's wont believe them.

I totally want to visit Russia now.

You don't act openly gay.

#7 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

I read the title as "Reggie says it will arrest openly gay tourists" and I was like O.O WUT?!?!?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#8 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

If they're trying to prevent children from seeing the LGBT community that's kinda stupid. I don't understand why a lot of people try to hide this stuff from their kids! First of all they're gonna grow up to see it, likely in a more diverse LGBT community than already exists, and second people can't travel to a country and be themselves...instead they have to fake it
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#9 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I'm not exactly seeing the connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Can some closed-minded douche fill me in?

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

With Gay Pride celebrated around the world, from Sydney, Australia

Yes yes, all dazzling and sparkle until your bus routes get effed...

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

I don't see what the problem is, I thought gay people liked prison.

Russia really doesn't have speed limits on there roads. There is few that actually do. Have you ever noticed how nearly every vehicle has a dash camera? It's because if they get in a crash they need it for proof or the insurance company's wont believe them.

You don't act openly gay.

Yes he does. I've seen him around for a few years and he definitely does.

I'm not exactly seeing the connection between homosexuality and pedophilia.

Can some closed-minded douche fill me in?

Apparently pedophilia and homosexuality are both genetic. I call bull on both.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Russia marches to a very different drum beat to the rest of Europe it would seem, this is a country that is supplying arms to Assad's regime in Syria, where three women were incarcerated for singing an anti-Putin song in a church, and where a younhg lad who came out to his mates was brutally killed by them. The country stands alone and isolated in a continent where all other countries are mostly tolerant and accepting of diversity and freedom of speech. The most worrying thing is that Russia is one of the two biggest countries in the world!

Such a messed up country indeed.

#13 dante👌

dante👌

Special Product

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

I don't see what the problem is, I thought gay people liked prison.

Yes he does. I've seen him around for a few years and he definitely does.

Apparently pedophilia and homosexuality are both genetic. I call bull on both.

No he doesn't. I've talked with him many times on skype and he doesn't act open about it. Like some people....

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

I think this is relevant:

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

http://www.washingto...c-over-olympics

At least they won't arrest you if you go to the olympics.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

This isn't surprising to be honest. Ever since the cold war there has always been this mistrust between Russia and Europe/USA (just to say Russia isn't in europe btw for those who mistakenly said it is).

They are constantly creating new policies and laws that stir up the rest of the western world.  Recent examples are Russia granting Edward Snowden asylum and siding with Assad in Syria, which are both clearly just to go against what the rest of the western world are doing.

So people shouldn't really be surprised by these sort of things because it has been this way for years and it probably always will be.

Edited by Hunter, 23 August 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'd like the think the Russian government is a little more mature than to do things "just to spite the Western world"

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Aside from the fact that this being a general violation of freedom, it's just flat out dumb. They should focus their efforts on arresting people that, I don't know, are actually committing crimes. But nah, that'd be too much common sense.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#19 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

easy fix - don't go to russia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!