So I think I should start off with saying I have no bias what so ever I own ps3, wii U, and xbox 360, and I have no brand loyalty so this is a 100% un-biased review. So stating that lets get started; so I figured I would break this up into parts just so if you dont care about one you can skip to another
- There is a lot coming to WiiU in the rest of this year and 2014 for example Bayonetta 2, Smash bros, New Super Luigi U etc.
-Also something I like is there is a lot of variety coming to the WiiU its not just shooter after shooter; they are doing fighting games, strategy games, and platformers.
-But to downplay it the launch was in my opinion very lack luster with delays of great games like pikimin 3 and Wonderful 101.
-Also I know most people who bought a WiiU know how Nintendo works and know that they won't be getting all the triple A 3rd party titles like GTA5 and Battlefield and I know that when I bought this console I was buying it for the Nintendo exclusives but that being said it is still important to have 3rd party support for people who only buy one console.
- First plus is that this console came with an HDMI good job nintendo you're doing it right
-The seond thing is the elephant in the room... The specs and I'm not the type of guy that knows everything about specs but it is very obvious that the WiiU is underpowered compared to other consoles especially because of the ps4 which has better specs but will only cost $50 more and of course the gamepad costs extra but I will talk about the gamepad later don't get me wrong I expected there the console to have less power its just the way Nintendo is they are about inovation and I knew it when I decided to get the WiiU
- I'm going to say this now I see a lot of potential for the gamepad but the thing is so far I feel Nintendo should have just used the WiiU pro controller and take $50 off the WiiU so the reason I'm saying this is because no developer has used the WiiU gamepad to its full potential yet it just feels like something that can be used well but just ends up being a feature they think about afterwords like just adding a mini map which I rarley look down at so I'm saying this now but as soon as a developer uses the WiiU gamepad in a interesting and unique way I will change my mind and say that the WiiU gamepad is worth the money
-The gamepad is very comfortable the touch screen is easy to reach its light the only problem I have with the gamepad is the choice to not use analog triggers which sucks for racers but its not a big deal to me
- The internet browser is absolutley amazing with fast load times and easy controls and no history ( if you know what I mean) just kidding
-The Miiverse community is AMAZING I see even more potential with it and I cant wait the people using it are extremley nice and supportive there are tons of cool drawings and litteral masterpeices and soon they will be able to use art academy to show off there amazing drawings and paintings also with the ability to stop mid game and take screen captures its very cool
- I see a lot of potential in the WiiU it has some really cool features like Miiverse and the internet browser it struggled at the start but there are alot of good games coming soon I would sugest waiting a little maybe for christmas this year but if I had to give it a score which is just for now because my opinion may change due to releases and new features so for now its a 6.7/10 also if you've read this far then if you disagree and would like to debate then I am open to it and you may sway my veiws and the score of the system if I forgot anything tell me and I'll chage this article type thing soooooo thats it bye