Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

http://www.polygon.c...-this-september

Japanese manga magazine Jump will begin running a new manga this fall based on Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, the publication announced today.

The manga's storyline will follow Black Flag protagonist Edward Kenway as he decides to enter the conflict between the Assassins and Templars — in addition to navigating the pitfalls of his already perilous pirate lifestyle. The story will be written by Japanese historical novelist Yano Takashi and will be drawn by manga artist Kenji Oiwa, known for his work on the Midas Eater and Goth comic series.

The series will begin running in the first September issue of Jump.

Takashi is know for his books steeped in Japanese history. Notable works include The Man who Broke the Tiger: Kiyomasa of the West on the samurai Katô Kiyomasa and contributions to a book on Sengoku Basara 3 character Date Masamune, who is based on a real-life Japanese figure.

Oiwa's manga works include mostly mature series aimed towards young men with heavy psychological elements.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is slated to launch in North America on Oct. 29 and in Europe Nov. 1 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC and Wii U, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions to follow at a later date.

1373353326-aciv-manga.jpg

Edward Kenway in manga form

Polygon has reached out to Ubisoft to ask whether the manga will see a western release, and will share more details as we have them.

This looks so sweet.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't plan to get this game, but that art is great.

#3 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

I hope they don't make it all Japanese and whatnot. Anyway seems cool. I want to read it.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Awesome, I love Assassin's Creed and I love Manga :D

#5 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Manga is a totally Japanese style though. Or do you mean language?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!