nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

So this article by zinix http://thewiiu.com/t...ony#entry232367

got me thinking about Nintendos strategy because in the topic Mark Cerney either accidently or purposley proved the power of the WiiU's eDRAM which I'm not a dev and maybe I'm completley full of it but I dont think Retro is only working on DKTP because Nintendo would have to have something in mind for making use of this eDRAM useful some specifc title or some specific strategy and a while ago there was a rumor that retro was working on an engine for the WiiU heres the article http://gengame.net/2...es-for-wii-u/   and I think DKTP is kind of something to hold us off because I don't think this is the game that we have all been hyped up about all year I think there is much much more to come from Retro I think they will annouce a new game at some point and it will stun people with graphics due to a customized engine for the WiiU because I think Nintendo would have had some sort of strategy for Retro not just Donkey Kong which will be a great title but I just can't belive that this is Retros long awaited title maybe it's wishful thinking but could retro be working on a very big project right now?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Retro is only working on DK as of now. But that's not to say they will work on a larger scale game in the future.

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:16 AM

Sadly, they are. It gets me still wondering why it took 2 years to show off such a low scale game.

794144.png?13383682

#4 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Donkey Kong is, and always was their big project. Believe it or not, it takes time to make a Donkey Kong game.

Bring the noise.

#5 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

They were as of E3. It also depends on how they define "project"

What I'm trying to say is they could have something in the conceptual stages and not consider it a project because they dont have something tangible to show for it.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

They could have a Wii U Metroid or something in the prototype stage, if so it's still a way off :(

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

The sad truth is "yes".

No sig.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

According to Iwata and Reggie, dk is the only project retro has been working on. Miyamoto stated he wanted to further leverage them in the future, but, it would seem all the 155 or so member team was working on, was dk. You will need to look to monolith soft and their 'X' for what we used to look to retro for, at least for now. X1.jpg

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Monolith Soft has been one of the best developers for like 3 generations. Super Robot Taisen, Attack of the Saiyans, X Zone, Namco X Capcom, Soma Bringer, Dirge of Cerberus, Batten Kaitos, Advance Wars, XenoSaga, XenoGears and so much more. The only other developers IMO that can compete with them are Atlus with the Shin Megami Tensei mega-franchise and Level-5 with their quirky RPG's and the classic Dark Chronicle.

Edited by PopiPenguin, 18 July 2013 - 06:33 AM.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

I don't think people understand how much work actually goes into DK. Just because it is a 2D side scroller doesn't necessarily mean it is "low scale".

Oh and X doesn't even look that impressive apart from visuals.

#11 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

I don't think people understand how much work actually goes into DK. Just because it is a 2D side scroller doesn't necessarily mean it is "low scale".

It's wide open, no loading, with environments that stretch from city streets, to industrial complexes, to treacherous natural habitats, to space.  It features mechs that can be customized and serve different purposes throughout the game, has a multiplayer component, weather, great visuals.  Yeah this game looks hella impressive to me.

#12 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

you haven't played Xeno blade have you and I know that work goes into it but I just feel like Retro would have been working on something for the WiiU as soon as the specs were finalized and that was probably like 2 maybe 3 years ago and I don't think it would take 2 to 3 years to make just a donkey kong game and also in the article it says that Retro is the one that got Epic to re think there decision to put the unreal 4 engine on WiiU which there is no possible way to do that with Donkey Kong so they had to do it with something else not saying that this will be a bad game I think it will be a great game because it's retro and very few companies can touch retro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!