Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

http://www.computera...ds-says-ancel/?

“To me, it’s not very natural to play with the stylus. I think most of the kids now are more comfortable with tablets, they use their fingers,” Ancel said, explaining that the developer had to do “some special developments to interpolate what the player is doing”, in order to make finger input on the GamePad accurate enough"

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Use your finger on the resistive screen.

It's still probably more accurate than using your finger on a capacitive screen.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Yes become Rayman uses capacitive touch to its fullest in Jungle Run. You can use your fingers with a resistive screen, for being resistive its actually pretty good.

Stupid Snowmads!

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Fingers over stylus? Okay.....

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

I do prefer Capacitive myself, but what can you do eh?

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I do prefer Capacitive myself, but what can you do eh?

I'm with you, but you can't use a stylus with capacitive. Imagine Miiverse without all those wonderful drawings. 

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

At least he is implying it's better than SmartGlass.

#8 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

When I use my fingers I can barely notice it's a resistive screen, what the hell is he talking about? And I'm used to capacitive screens a lot, since my phone has one too. Besides, I like using my stylus for some stuff like Miiverse or even navigating the Internet feels much more accurate.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#9 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

This could really be a problem in Rayman Legends especially in those Dungeon levels when one miss could mean game over.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

maybe capacitive is catching up to resistive accuracy, but as i recall, resistive works with both fingers and stylus, and is more accurate.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

The #1 most demanding thing I do with my touch pad, and the ONLY thing I use the stylus for is drawing my miiverse drawings, and thats more than enougg for me to want resistive over capacitive.

I barely ever use multi touch on my devices that support it, and when i do, its because i cant get the right zoom from double taps, and feels inconvenient.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

The #1 most demanding thing I do with my touch pad, and the ONLY thing I use the stylus for is drawing my miiverse drawings, and thats more than enougg for me to want resistive over capacitive.

I barely ever use multi touch on my devices that support it, and when i do, its because i cant get the right zoom from double taps, and feels inconvenient.

Amen

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

There seems to be a misconception here that styli cannot be used with capacitive screens like the ones on the iPad and iPhone. This is incorrect. Styli do exist that can be used with such screens but they are different from the ones used with resistive screens. I've got a stylus which I use with my iPad and iPhone.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

toThere seems to be a misconception here that styli cannot be used with capacitive screens like the ones on the iPad and iPhone. This is incorrect. Styli do exist that can be used with such screens but they are different from the ones used with resistive screens. I've got a stylus which I use with my iPad and iPhone.

Not really, people just know that capacitive styli are typically bulky, more expensive, and still knowhere near as accurate as a stylus on a resistive screen, which has pixel perfect accuracy, so perfect miiverse users use it to manually dither grayscales and provide anti aliasing. Which is completely impossible on capacative screens even with styli.

What capacative screens have is superior responsiveness.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Really? I prefer using a stylus with my home console. Just feels more accurate and better than smudging your hand all over like a barbarian. Plus I don't need to use my whole wrist/arm, since the fingers can manipulate the stylus enough to avoid a lot of movement. Then again, I'm an artist and am used to using pens to manipulate things on and off screen. The only reason why I prefer using my hand with a phone, etc, is because I'm outside with it and don't want to lose the stylus or anything, or bother taking it out so many times a day.

Posted Image

#16 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

These are odd comments by the developer particularly considering I was having an absolute blast playing the Legend app....with the stylus. :D

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!