• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Want to test how well you perceive color? Want to make sure you're not colorblind? You should take this test. :D Because I'm nosy and want to see how people here score.

I stumbled upon this test while trying to prove to a friend that I'm not a tetrachromat just because I can differentiate between magenta and red. (Un?)Fortunately, I had a perfect score. Doesn't mean I am but that was hilarious. Anyways...

The test took me around 30 minutes and I got a score of 0 (lower is better). My friend took less than 10 minutes.... somehow... and scored 52. So I'm warning you that it's not a quick thing. :)

Yay Color Test Click Here

My screenshot:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#2 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

I didn't even attempt the test because a lot of them looked exactley the same but with very very very slight changes

#3 Tim

Tim

Hylian

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Funky Kong, Link, Mario Kart

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

I didn't even attempt the test because a lot of them looked exactley the same but with very very very slight changes

I didn't even attempt the test because I'm lazy.  Sorry Ixchel :(

Edited by Tim, 18 July 2013 - 11:30 AM.

28rl4di.png

I think everyone who has a signature picture should shrink it a little. Easier on the eyes.

The way I see it, flying is simple.  You just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

#4 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

I got a score of 23 is that good?

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I got a headache looking at this so I exited it. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I got a 12.

My eyes hurt now.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#7 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

I got a perfect score in 10 minutes. I can't post pictures on the forums for whatever reason, so you are just going to have to trust me.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

That's sort of the point. ^^; It's why it took me so long to do it. You can't use huge jumps in hue value, because then every person with normal color vision will get a perfect score.

I didn't even attempt the test because I'm lazy.  Sorry Ixchel :(

I expected most people would be. I'm just glad it actually got replies. :)

I got a score of 23 is that good?

Um... Well it's lower than 52! So I guess. :D

I got a perfect score in 10 minutes. I can't post pictures on the forums for whatever reason, so you are just going to have to trust me.

xD I can see it happening if you really trust your intuition and don't quadruple check like I did.

---

As for everyone else. Yeah, it's a bit of a tough test just to take. Kinda unfortunate it has to be so hard to be reliable.

Posted Image

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

....I got a 122 :P

I also got a headache 

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

....I got a 122 :P

I also got a headache 

Oh wow! Which areas did you have trouble in?

Slightly off topic, this makes me curious if the myth about women having better color vision is true, or if it's just a case of not "noticing" the color. Like how cultures with grue/bleen don't readily "notice" the difference between blue and green as much, but on a much smaller scale.

Posted Image

#11 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

I didn't take the test because I'm colorblind.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

I didn't take the test because I'm colorblind.

:( Still woulda been interesting for comparison. Deuteranope? Did you know Twilight Sparkle has two stripes in her mane?

Posted Image

#13 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

:( Still woulda been interesting for comparison. Deuteranope? Did you know Twilight Sparkle has two stripes in her mane?

Yeah, I'm a Deuteranope.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Oh wow! Which areas did you have trouble in?

Slightly off topic, this makes me curious if the myth about women having better color vision is true, or if it's just a case of not "noticing" the color. Like how cultures with grue/bleen don't readily "notice" the difference between blue and green as much, but on a much smaller scale.

I was a little off in every category and then just ridiculously off in the purple/blueish area

#15 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Weird, I had trouble in the Red/Yellow area.

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#16 Tim

Tim

Hylian

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Maybe I'll give it another shot. Sit down with some chips and a Gatorade. Lol.

EDIT: Just took the test; Got a 15. No idea how long it took. My eyes started quitting on me after a while so I just did my best and submitted.

Fun Fact: It says the worst score ever achieved by my gender and age group was 1520. Yikes D:

Edited by Tim, 18 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

• BnB likes this

28rl4di.png

I think everyone who has a signature picture should shrink it a little. Easier on the eyes.

The way I see it, flying is simple.  You just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

#17 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Derp... That's the entire point

Also i got a score of 15.

Also it's not really a fair test seeing as people with HD computer screens will have a giant advantage over people with very bad standard screens.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#18 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

I was a little off in every category and then just ridiculously off in the purple/blueish area

Yeah one of my friends had trouble there too. Maybe wimminz really do see purple better.

Derp... That's the entire point

Also i got a score of 15.

Also it's not really a fair test seeing as people with HD computer screens will have a giant advantage over people with very bad standard screens.

Hehe. To be honest, I'm using an old standard definition monitor, from back when flatscreens became cheap enough to buy. :) That may explain why other people did the test faster though.

Posted Image

#19 Tim

Tim

Hylian

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yeah one of my friends had trouble there too. Maybe wimminz really do see purple better.

Hehe. To be honest, I'm using an old standard definition monitor, from back when flatscreens became cheap enough to buy. :) That may explain why other people did the test faster though.

Yea I'm using an SD moniter, too. Perhaps that explains my score of 15?

28rl4di.png

#20 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I scored an 8 but it was partially because I got bored.

Oh yeah it seems like I only messed up in the green/blue area by the way.

Edited by Symbol, 18 July 2013 - 03:34 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!