• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I got a WiiU premium at launch (im in the UK) i got NSMBU, ZombiU, NintendoLand & Sports Connection, i had Sports on a offer where i could get a full refund within seven days if i didn't like/want it, i took it back before the seven days were up, i traded NintendoLand in around xmas, since then i have got Black Ops 2 & NFS-MW U & Luigi U, as full games, i have also got Trine 2, however i cancelled all my WiiU games i had on order, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2.

I regret buying a WiiU now because it is just gathering dust, i have a Gaming PC, X360 & PS3, i also have a 3DS.

Developers & Publishers are deserting the WiiU, Nintendo have said they had problems with the transition to HD gaming, i find this shocking really coming from a huge gaming company like Nintendo, they cannot get to grips with their own hardware ?

I think that the power of the X1 & PS4 will just swamp the WiiU when they are launched, the WiiU's games are simply too few & far between, then there is the power & RAM issues & also the issues with developing for the WiiU with it's CPUGPU, eDRAM, small RAM & limited storage (dev's have no idea how much HD space owners have, some may not have any other than the internal, which is tiny).

I just don't buy this, the WiiU will be fine once "these" games come out, if people haven't already got a WiiU, i cannot see them buying one now especially when the PS4 is only £50 more than a WiiU (RRP), if i didn't have a WiiU already i wouldn't buy one now.

I have had most of the Nintendo consoles, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii & WiiU, but i think the WiiU will be my last, Nintendo learnt nothing from the 3DS launch, they also said that there would be lots of third party support because they knew the problems they had in the past, yet the support is the worst of any console ever, people keep on about the indie games, but i haven't spent £300 to play some indie game that i could of played on the X360 or PS3 via the online stores they have, or even my PC, you have had Nintendo coming out, well one of the main guys saying that the Youtube feature is very good but nobody is using it, why would they though when they have PC's & Phones to watch YT on, the playing the full game on the gamepad is also pretty pointless in my view, i would think that 90% of people play games on a separate TV to their main one.

I know i have upset & riled a few on here with my negative views, & i apologize but i am looking at the state of the WiiU with more or a realistic view, what if sales don't pick up & the WiiU fails this xmas ?

So i am asking for some positivity, because i know i am not the only one who is disappointed & has expensive device gathering dust.

So here is your chance to help us disappointed WiiU owners, just one thing though, don't just put a list of games because that doesn't add anything, at least comment about the games in some way, also the hardware.

Please help :(

#2 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

there is only one game I am truley excited for and that is X I just can't wait to get my hands on that game it will all be worth it once that game comes out uhhhhhshdifhaoidshf

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I got a WiiU premium at launch (im in the UK) i got NSMBU, ZombiU, NintendoLand & Sports Connection, i had Sports on a offer where i could get a full refund within seven days if i didn't like/want it, i took it back before the seven days were up, i traded NintendoLand in around xmas, since then i have got Black Ops 2 & NFS-MW U & Luigi U, as full games, i have also got Trine 2, however i cancelled all my WiiU games i had on order, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 & Bayonetta 2.

Why?

I regret buying a WiiU now because it is just gathering dust, i have a Gaming PC, X360 & PS3, i also have a 3DS.

It'll continue to gather dust now that you won't be buying the games everyone wants for it.

Developers & Publishers are deserting the WiiU, Nintendo have said they had problems with the transition to HD gaming, i find this shocking really coming from a huge gaming company like Nintendo, they cannot get to grips with their own hardware ?

Nintendo underestimated the resources required.
They settled their issues with that a year after their first or second devkit went out, Iwata claims.

I think that the power of the X1 & PS4 will just swamp the WiiU when they are launched, the WiiU's games are simply too few & far between, then there is the power & RAM issues & also the issues with developing for the WiiU with it's CPUGPU, eDRAM, small RAM & limited storage (dev's have no idea how much HD space owners have, some may not have any other than the internal, which is tiny).

x1 and ps4 don't have any games, wii u is winning.
Sounds exactly like the same "issues" developers will have with the x1 and ps4, except they'll come with hard drives and kinnect.
  • BnB likes this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

It took all the way until The Last Story at the end of the console's lifecycle to make me be glad I had a Wii 1. Be patient.

#5 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

x1 and ps4 don't have any games, wii u is winning.
Sounds exactly like the same "issues" developers will have with the x1 and ps4, except they'll come with hard drives and kinnect.

I think the PS4 has a pretty solid launch lineup with a little bit of everything from driving to first person shooter and from MMO's to whatever genre Knack is and after launch it seems very solid with infamous much more

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

I think the PS4 has a pretty solid launch lineup with a little bit of everything from driving to first person shooter and from MMO's to whatever genre Knack is and after launch it seems very solid with infamous much more

You haven't bought them yet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

You haven't bought them yet.

ah I see what point your making

#8 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

POPULAR

Can't take you seriously, Basically the main reasons you don't want the wii U is because

1. The Xbox one and PS4 is more powerful, even tho reality has proven time and time again that better hardware does not equal better console

2. Because they had a bad launch... so did the 3DS, look at it now

3. You hate the fact that Nintendo is having a hard time making HD games, By the way, THEY HAVE NEVER MADE AN HD GAME BEFORE, Obviously it shouldn't come as a surprise they have a hard time. GIve them some slack ffs. None of the Third parties complained, wanna know why? because they have had experience making HD games...

4. The fact 3rd parties aren't jumping on the Wii U... You bought a Nintendo console, what did you expect? Seriously you did own most of their past consoles, you should have easily known what was going to happen.

5. "I regret buying a Wii U now because it's gathering dust" No!!!! Really? i mean if you actually bought games for it instead of canceling pre-orders then maybe it wouldn't.

6. "the playing the full game on the gamepad is also pretty pointless in my view" Opinion, a very 1 sided opinion. I BEARLY ever get the chance to have the T.V to myself, it is one of the most convenient features any console has ever had for me. Ooh and I can actually play my games in my own bed instead of being stuck downstairs. 

If you are being serious with all of these things, i have a simple answer, Sell the Wii U and never buy it again. I'm serious if you are having such a bad time with it and pointing out stupid and idiotic things wrong with it, then just sell it. There is no point in having it if you are complain about these things about it. 

Edited by Chrop, 18 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#9 Tim

Tim

Hylian

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Funky Kong, Link, Mario Kart

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Can't take you seriously, Basically the main reasons you don't want the wii U is because

1. The Xbox one and PS4 is more powerful, even tho reality has proven time and time again that better hardware does not equal better console

2. Because they had a bad launch... so did the 3DS, look at it now

3. You hate the fact that Nintendo is having a hard time making HD games, By the way, THEY HAVE NEVER MADE AN HD GAME BEFORE, Obviously it shouldn't come as a surprise they have a hard time. GIve them some slack ffs. None of the Third parties complained, wanna know why? because they have had experience making HD games...

4. The fact 3rd parties aren't jumping on the Wii U... You bought a Nintendo console, what did you expect? Seriously you did own most of their past consoles, you should have easily known what was going to happen.

5. "I regret buying a Wii U now because it's gathering dust" No!!!! Really? i mean if you actually bought games for it instead of canceling pre-orders then maybe it wouldn't.

6. "the playing the full game on the gamepad is also pretty pointless in my view" Opinion, a very 1 sided opinion. I BEARLY ever get the chance to have the T.V to myself, it is one of the most convenient features any console has ever had for me. Ooh and I can actually play my games in my own bed instead of being stuck downstairs. 

If you are being serious with all of these things, i have a simple answer, Sell the Wii U and never buy it again. I'm serious if you are having such a bad time with it and pointing out stupid and idiotic things wrong with it, then just sell it. There is no point in having it if you are complain about these things about it. 

I was getting all my thoughts together to make a counter-post to alan's "problems" with the Wii U. Well, folks ^ here it is ^. But in all seriousness, good post, Chrop. And alan, now I understand the meaning of the "666", you just love being negative, don't you? :P

Edited by Tim, 18 July 2013 - 04:19 PM.

28rl4di.png

I think everyone who has a signature picture should shrink it a little. Easier on the eyes.

The way I see it, flying is simple.  You just throw yourself at the ground and miss.

#10 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Agreed w chrop. The best is yet to come for the Wii u. There are dozens of games scheduled for release - there is a comprehensive list on another forum. I still have a few that I want currently out and I have like 14 titles. Pikman alone has moved the needle, and the other releases will only snowball the user base.

#11 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

Positivity?

How about this...you know all those friends that are waiting by the side-lines until Mario Kart 8 is released?

Well, they will be joining you once the game is released, and you will be their resident sage in regards to everything Wii U. :D

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#12 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

So your all saying I should reorder pikmin, bayonetta & 101 then?

#13 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

alan666

i know i am not the only one who is disappointed & has expensive device gathering dust.

I feel exactly the same,unless the games start to pour out quickly it will gather even more dust! for me it's just 'X' & Bayo. Sad to think like yourself i have gone back to PS3/360/PC and i have a pre order for PS4 already. Even thinking of Xbone for Ryse....

Nintendo should not of gone on about going back to 'core gamers' and lots of third party support because it's not happening.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#14 nbond3040

nbond3040

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Fandom:
    Code Geass,Minecraft

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

I don't understand why people like ryse so far it just looks like a bunch of quick time events

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm not thrilled at mine gathering dust right now either Alan, but for a different reason than you.  I'm not happy because I feel like I should have been playing Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 for at least 4 months by now.  They were promised during the launch window and it was not even close.  I think that Nintendo knew that and pulled a rush job to get a full year head start on the competition.  That notion keeps ringing true in my head too when I consider how far off the heavy hitters really are.  I'd be feeling a whole lot better if they just would have waited until development was farther along for their most beloved franchises.  The irony is that by the time the PS4 and XB1 are released, and we look at the worldwide WiiU sales we are going to see that they completely wasted that head start anyway.  They would have been better off waiting and not risking losing the confidence of their most loyal customer base imo.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

Recently Released in NA:
Mutant Mudds Deluxe (eShop)
New Super Luigi U (eShop)
Mario Bros. (NES) (VC)
Wrecking Crew (NES) (VC)
Game & Wario
Vegas Stakes (SNES) (VC)
Pilotwings (SNES) (VC)
Star Wars Pinball (eShop)
Metroid (NES) (VC)
Donkey Kong (NES) (VC)
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad
EarthBound (SNES) (VC)

Retail Games:
The Smurfs 2 7/23/13
Ashes Cricket 2013 July 2013 (PAL Only)
Pikmin 3 8/4/13 (NA) 7/26/13 (PAL)
Disney's Planes 8/6/13
Angry Birds Trilogy 8/13/13
Disney Infinity 8/18/13
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist 8/20/13
New Super Luigi U 8/25/13 (NA) 7/26/13 (PAL)
Rayman Legends 9/3/13 (NA) 8/30/13 (PAL)
Young Justice: Legacy 9/10/13
The Wonderful 101 9/15/13 (NA) 8/23/13 (PAL)
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Q3 2013
F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition Q3 2013
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Q3 2013
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures Q3 2013
Putty Squad Q3 2013
Just Dance 2014 10/8/13
Sonic Lost World 10/12/13
Skylanders: Swap Force 10/13/13
Zumba Fitness World Party 10/15/13
Batman: Arkham Origins 10/25/13
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 10/29/13 (NA) 11/1/13 (PAL)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD October 2013
Wii Party U October 2013
Call of Duty: Ghosts 11/5/13
Watch_Dogs 11/19/13 (NA) 11/22/13 (PAL)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze November 2013
Super Mario 3D World December 2013
Wii Fit U December 2014
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 Q4 2013
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut 2013
Dirt 2013
Dragon Quest X 2013
Know Your Friends 2013
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure 2013
Mario Kart 8 Q2 2014
Bayonetta 2 2014
Project CARS 2014
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 2014
untitled Monolith Soft RPG ("X") 2014
Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei TBA
The Legend of Zelda U TBA
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi Winter Games TBA
Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection TBA
"Yoshi's Epic Yarn" TBA

unknown new IP by Miyamoto TBA
unknown Headstrong Games title TBA
unknown Sonic game TBA
unknown Team Ninja "action" title TBA
unknown new IP from Straight Run TBA
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online TBA
Sacrilegium TBA
Eternal Darkness 2: Shadow of the Eternals Q3 2014
Human Element 2015

eShop Games:
Cloudberry Kingdom 8/1/13
DuckTales Remastered 8/13/13
Pokemon Rumble U 8/29/13
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystar - August 2013
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party - August 2013
Super Ubie Land - August 2013

Blood of the Werewolf Q3 2013
Forgotten Memories: Sixth Sense Q3 2013
Othello Q3 2013
Squids Q3 2013
Two Brothers Q3 2013
Teslagrad Q4 2013
8-Bit Boy 2013
The 90's Arcade Racer 2013
A World of Keflings 2013
Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes 2013
Anima: Gates of Memories 2013
Armillo 2013
Ballpoint Universe 2013
Biker Bash 2013
Buddy & Me 2013
Coaster Crazy Deluxe 2013
Cosmic Highway 2013
Cross-Code 2013
Darts Up 2013
Days of Dawn 2013
Demon Tribe 2013
Dusty Raging Fist 2013
EDGE 2013
Fade into Darkness 2013
Flashback 2013
A Hat in Time 2013
Ittle Dew 2013
Noctemis 2013
Oliver and Spike: Dimension Jumpers 2013
Pier Solar HD 2013
The Pinball Arcade 2013
Project Y2K 2013
Rex Rocket 2013
Rush 2013
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs 2013
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails 2013
Shovel Knight 2013
Star Beast: The Stellar War 2013
Super Comboman 2013
Team Notion 2013
Unepic 2013
Battle Worlds: Kronos TBA
Bloodbath TBA
C-Wars TBA
Days of Dawn: Discover The Magic TBA
Delver's Drop TBA
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey TBA
Festival of Magic TBA
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream TBA
Guns of Icarus: Adventure Mode TBA
Pac-Man Museum TBA
Project CIDER TBA
Q.U.B.E. TBA
Road Redemption TBA
Terra Incognita TBA
Another Castle 2014
Armikrog 2014
Citizens of Earth 2014
Cryamore 2014
Mutant Mudds 2 2014
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New 'N' Tasty 2014
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath 2014
Soul Saga 2014
The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup 2014

Virtual Console Games:
Super Mario Bros. (NES) TBA
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) TBA
Kid Icarus (NES) TBA
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) TBA
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES) TBA
Street Fighter II' Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES) TBA
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (SNES) TBA
Super Punch-Out!! (SNES) TBA

alan666

i know i am not the only one who is disappointed & has expensive device gathering dust.

I feel exactly the same,unless the games start to pour out quickly it will gather even more dust! for me it's just 'X' & Bayo. Sad to think like yourself i have gone back to PS3/360/PC and i have a pre order for PS4 already. Even thinking of Xbone for Ryse....

Nintendo should not of gone on about going back to 'core gamers' and lots of third party support because it's not happening.

#17 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

I don't understand why people like ryse so far it just looks like a bunch of quick time events

From the very first time i watched the clip it simply seemed to have energy,looked fantastic and the story behind the game seems a winner, just wish it would come out on PC.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#18 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

do you expect us to beg you to keep your system?  If you don't like it, sell it and leave us alone.

#19 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

I just don't buy this, the WiiU will be fine once "these" games come out, if people haven't already got a WiiU, i cannot see them buying one now especially when the PS4 is only £50 more than a WiiU (RRP), if i didn't have a WiiU already i wouldn't buy one now.

I have had most of the Nintendo consoles, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii & WiiU, but i think the WiiU will be my last, Nintendo learnt nothing from the 3DS launch, they also said that there would be lots of third party support because they knew the problems they had in the past, yet the support is the worst of any console ever, people keep on about the indie games, but i haven't spent £300 to play some indie game that i could of played on the X360 or PS3 via the online stores they have, or even my PC, you have had Nintendo coming out, well one of the main guys saying that the Youtube feature is very good but nobody is using it, why would they though when they have PC's & Phones to watch YT on, the playing the full game on the gamepad is also pretty pointless in my view, i would think that 90% of people play games on a separate TV to their main one.

I know i have upset & riled a few on here with my negative views, & i apologize but i am looking at the state of the WiiU with more or a realistic view, what if sales don't pick up & the WiiU fails this xmas ?

So i am asking for some positivity, because i know i am not the only one who is disappointed & has expensive device gathering dust.

So here is your chance to help us disappointed WiiU owners, just one thing though, don't just put a list of games because that doesn't add anything, at least comment about the games in some way, also the hardware.

Please help :(

No problem letting it out!

First of all, you got to approach it without exacerbating things. Treat things as they are.

Devs aren`t flocking away from Wii U. Besides EA, who has said that they don`t have plans to develop again for Wii U?

Some companies have said that they don`t have plans because they never had them to begin with. Because Nintendo always showed them that they don`t buy their games on the Nintendo console but on the Sony and MS consoles - and then they come claming for support!

The hurdles in the transition for HD is not surprising for any company. You can`t expect anyone to know something before they learn.

And yes, Nintendo did make the same mistakes with 3DS. But they did it because they wanted to release the console last year. Had they just wait until March and things would have been very different! Wouldn`t they?

Of course, Nintendo is now paying for it`s mistakes.

Honestly, just forget about power differerences. When was the last time the most powerful console won? And remembre that every generation was not the same as the previous one, yet people keep coming back with the same old "that console is underpowered. no one will buy it. It`s doomed". Meanwhile in reality, things are very different!

The idea that sales can`t increase of new games makes no sense. Look at the sales of PS3 and Xbox 360 and you will see that the great games have always sold consoles. There`s no "people wanting those games already have the console". It`s not true and never will be. There will always be people that won`t buy the console before said game comes out.

PS4 is not just 50 more than Wii U. Unless it comes with a game, when you do buy one for PS4, the difference turns into 100-110! ;)

And like with 3DS - a steady release schedule took it`s time, but it did come - so Wii U find it`s balance!

#20 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

If you're interested in Pikmin and 101, yes. Those two are the first games to come to Wii U that I'm genuinely excited about. If those aren't enough, then yeah maybe it'd be best to find a buyer. (Though I personally don't suggest ever selling consoles just because you make so little in comparison to what you spent.) Yeah, right now the Wii U is a pitiful mess, but we're almost done with the worst. The way I've been looking at it that's helped me out: If you were able to hold on to it between launch and now you should definitely be able to hold out 'til the big games start rolling in! 

Edit: Jeez these replies. Just read over the ones before this... This community is utterly shocking when it comes to how little respect is given. They're all valid complaints, no need to treat him like a buffoon or tell him to, "Leave us alone."

Edited by ChrisD, 19 July 2013 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!