• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

As the title post says I just came back from my local Comic Con in Manchester and they had this on show, along with Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

All I can say is WOW, I love Zelda games anyways and I knew that WW would look stunning but I wasn't expecting that, Nintendo really have outdone themselves this time.

The graphics were amazing, very few jaggies, and I mean VERY few, draw distance was fantastic and there wasn't much pop up textures, actually I didn't notice any at all, the games overall upgrade looks nothing short of stunning, the colours were rich and vibrant, the effects from running, on grass, sand, and water were amazing, the effects from fighting were also top notch, the game looked a little faster, not sped up, just smoother, there was no slow down/FPS drop from what I could see, this is definitely the game you have all been waiting and praying for.

I can't comment on sound as it was too loud so nothing to say really.

I'll also mention W101 and Pikmin.

I only looked at these 2 briefly.

Pikmin, first of all I don't like Pikmin I never have and this game didn't sway me from that, it's just not my sort of game, I can't get into them.

Other than that though it looked absolutely beautiful, great colours steady smooth frame rate, I'm sure Pikmin fans will love it.

W101 is a day one buy for me, I've liked the look of it since I first saw it and it looked like a solid fun game to play from the brief look I had.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Can't wait for this one. Will be my first Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Hopefully I'll actually finish this one.

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm glade to hear WW is coming along very well.

#4 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Eh, it didn't seem very impressive from what I've seen from the trailers. They reused A LOT of the original Gamecube assets.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

The lighting in it is fantastic. I can't wait until I play it later on this year at the NY Comic Con with my friends. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

I was looking into screens today and honestly, a lot of the textures were really boring and not much improved. But in general, I suppose it looks good. Could have been waaaay better tho

No sig.

#7 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

As the title post says I just came back from my local Comic Con in Manchester and they had this on show, along with Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

All I can say is WOW, I love Zelda games anyways and I knew that WW would look stunning but I wasn't expecting that, Nintendo really have outdone themselves this time.

The graphics were amazing, very few jaggies, and I mean VERY few, draw distance was fantastic and there wasn't much pop up textures, actually I didn't notice any at all, the games overall upgrade looks nothing short of stunning, the colours were rich and vibrant, the effects from running, on grass, sand, and water were amazing, the effects from fighting were also top notch, the game looked a little faster, not sped up, just smoother, there was no slow down/FPS drop from what I could see, this is definitely the game you have all been waiting and praying for.

I haven't been doing either of those things. I doubt many have...

I was looking into screens today and honestly, a lot of the textures were really boring and not much improved. But in general, I suppose it looks good. Could have been waaaay better tho

Yeah if they added something new and interesting instead of just downgrading the Tingle Tuner and making the boat go faster. Oh yeah and I guess since you were talking about graphics that could have been better too I guess.

Edited by Symbol, 20 July 2013 - 01:25 PM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

I haven't been doing either of those things. I doubt many have...

Yeah if they added something new and interesting instead of just downgrading the Tingle Tuner and making the boat go faster. Oh yeah and I guess since you were talking about graphics that could have been better too I guess.

Yeah but content could indeed have been more though. No matter how awesome it looks and probably is, it's not worth 60 bucks because I essentially played the same game 10 years ago... will pick this up for 40 max.

No sig.

#9 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

In my opinion, the game looked much different in person than in a youtube video. By different I mean really good looking. The contrast between the original and this is much more obvious.

Yeah but content could indeed have been more though. No matter how awesome it looks and probably is, it's not worth 60 bucks because I essentially played the same game 10 years ago... will pick this up for 40 max.

The original game is selling for $40, so it would be weird for Nintendo to sell it for that low.

#10 Sortvind

Sortvind

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

This will be amazing.

Its a good thing its constant 30fps and not 60.

not something i usually say, but it allows for full hd and a nice amount of bloom.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

In my opinion, the game looked much different in person than in a youtube video. By different I mean really good looking. The contrast between the original and this is much more obvious.

The original game is selling for $40, so it would be weird for Nintendo to sell it for that low.

They still sell that game where you live?

No sig.

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

This will be amazing.

not something i usually say, but it allows for full hd and a nice amount of bloom.

All of the new games shown at E3 by Nintendo (Wind Waker, DKC, Bayonetta, etc.) are all at native 1080p at 60 fps. Also known as amazing.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

I was looking at a youtube for sonic & all stars game- was amazed that the guys playing it were actually playing the same game that I was on the same system. Hard to judge on a trailer indeed....

#14 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

This will be amazing.

it actually is 60FPS. And it also has full hd (1080p) and insanely good lighting with pretty graphics. It will look amazing, although I severely question why they updated wid waker, it looked really good to begin with, I would have much rather had Majora's Mask HD.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Keviin, on 23 Jul 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:They still sell that game where you live?
at a local store

Edited by Big Boss, 25 July 2013 - 02:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!