Photo

Wii U Forums Game Tournament: MK7 and KIU

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

So everyone's favorite member Y2Kev (Most of you know him as Zinix) decided it would be a good idea to have a Wii U Forums Official Game Tournament and with the majority of the members deciding on the games, we have set it up. The tournament will be in 2 separate games, Mario Kart 7 and Kid Icarus Uprising. Zinix is currently working on the KIU tournament, so I'll add that into this post later. With that out of the way, I'll be handling the Mario Kart 7 tournament, so this is how it goes.

I will be creating multiple dedicated MK7 Communities. Each community will consist of members that I randomly pick, 8 in each. Because we don't know how many people will sign up, there is currently NO LIMIT on Communities, however it will be on a first come, first serve basis, in case of the event that there are not enough people to fit a community, or it doesn't fit tournament style (I.e. 2 communities, 4, 8, etc).

Because I don't want members to feel like they've been un-included because of things like time zone differences where they're not just gonna sign up in the middle of the night, I have decided that Sign ups will officially begin tomorrow, Wednesday, July 24th, 12pm EST (Convert to your time). Sign ups will close Friday, August 2nd, 11pm EST.

To sign up, please Post under this topic simply stating MK7, and the State/Country you live in. I will add you to an ordered list to be organized into communities later, based on your location so that we don't have someone from Norway playing at 11pm their time, against someone from Florida playing at 11am their time. If you are selected I will private message you requesting your Mii Name, and Friend Code. Once done, I will send you the Community Code. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THE COMMUNITY CODE WITH ANYONE ELSE. Doing this prevents others from entering the tournament that they weren't supposed to be in. Providing me with your Mii's allows me to track the winners, etc.

As of right now, I'm working on each community details. They will each have the same set of rules. The main one I'm trying to work out is no blue shells.

While I wait for Zinix's info regarding the Kid Icarus Uprising tournament, I'd like to ask all members to comment with suggestions regarding how to improve the tournament, or other games that we can play (likely in future tournaments).

And for those of you that are wondering, yes, Mournblade has allowed Zinix and I to do this.

Edited by Amanda Bynes, 25 July 2013 - 12:04 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

MK7, England (I Created 7 hours into the future, the time is lying to you)

Edited by Chrop, 23 July 2013 - 02:55 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

MK7, England

You should have read the entire post, sign ups will not begin until later. I won't tell you when because you need to read the entire post :333
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

For Mario Kart, would this just be races, or will Battle Mode be included?

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

For Mario Kart, would this just be races, or will Battle Mode be included?

As of right now, just racing, however if members really want to, we can incorporate tournaments dedicated to Battle Mode

#6 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I guess it's time to find MK7, I lost it several months ago..

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

I wanna sign up for Mario Kart, Maryland.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#8 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

I wanna sign up for Mario Kart, Maryland.

Sign ups don't begin until 12pm EST, convert ur time, though considering your in Maryland, you probably know :3

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

Sign ups don't begin until 12pm EST, convert ur time, though considering your in Maryland, you probably know :3

oh, ok. Is there a possible reserve list that I can go on, cause I'm going to be really busy today? :D

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 24 July 2013 - 05:06 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#10 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

oh, ok. Is there a possible reserve list that I can go on, cause I'm going to be really busy today? :D

Sign ups will last until Saturday, July 27th, 8pm EST. You can sign up anytime in between them, however we warn you that it's a First Come, First Serve basis. I'm anticipating that this wont be an issue however.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Sign ups will last until Saturday, July 27th, 8pm EST. You can sign up anytime in between them, however we warn you that it's a First Come, First Serve basis. I'm anticipating that this wont be an issue however.

Yeah, that's what I thought. It shouldn't take too long to make a post anyways, so I'll try to do it when I can.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#12 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

MK7

North Carolina, USA

#13 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm back. MK7, Maryland

KtOSpy7.jpg

#14 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

An issue that I just thought of is how I'll be able to track the results from each community. Because it would be unfair for me to be In every match (because let's face it, I'd crush all of you :P, no seriously) I'll have to designate a certain person in each community to track the results and give them to me.

But here's my official sign up;

MK7, Connecticut

#15 LK9T9

LK9T9

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • NNID:Prof3ssorMGW
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros.

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

You guys should definitely do a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament.

1187263_o.gif

Super Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS Page: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS

#16 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

You guys should definitely do a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament.

Zinix polled before and most people wanted these 2 games, however if there's more demand we could do that

#17 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

MK7, New Jersey

Edited by Reggie Fils-Aime, 24 July 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#18 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Looks like we're getting an Atlantic Coast tournament together...:)

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

MK7, not going to tell my state, but I'm under EST.

#20 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

MK7, Florida.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!