RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Some third parties have stepped up and made their versions of The Wii U Pro Controller but my question is (and lets assume that the Wii U System Suddenly Massively Successful) do you think anyone will make a 3rd Party Wii U Game Pad?  Do you think they are even allowed to?  What features would you like to see in their version ?

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

The only useful feature with it is the off TV play, not much else with the touch screen besides weapon selects and map access.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Sure, as long as you don't mind voiding warranties.

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Sure, as long as you don't mind voiding warranties.

Using a third party Gamepad isn't going to void the warranty. That said I think its unlikely there will be any released.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

I doubt 3rd party wii u game pads will be made.
And 3rd party devs may start maying better use of the game pad once they see won't it works.
Zombiu makes good use of it. Other devs just use it as a map screen and item select.
But I would like to see it use more as other items.
I remember seeing the ghost recon and they use it as a scanner and robot that would move while you moved. Made better use then just a stander map screen.
But possibly are unlimited just gotta get some brains of thinking.

Also once games start to use 2 gamepads it will make a big difference in the market for it. So we may see some 3rd clones then.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

i doubt anyone will bother, it wouldn't be cheap to make a game pad & i doubt they would sell enough to make it viable, i would of thought Nintendo would have to allow some sort of access to the WiiU's OS to allow a pad to work, i couldn't see Nintendo releasing this code for free either & any costs would be passed on to the customer, would anyone buy a third party game pad if it was only a few pounds cheaper, the only way it would sell is if it were half the cost of a official game pad.

#7 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

If someone was to build a third party Game Pad, it would at LEAST have to have the same or better build quality, response time, battery life, screen, and touch accuracy of the official Pad. That in itself should be pretty difficult to do.

After that, it would need to have some sort of edge to make it  consideration. A bigger battery wouldn't be enough, cost would require dodgy compromises, and general feel would be debateable. The only thing I can see is size. Personally I think a smaller one would be od and a bigger one would be awkward, but what do you think?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#8 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

I think perhaps the only imrovements that could be made are analog shoulder triggers, battery life, and brighter screen.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#9 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

I think perhaps the only imrovements that could be made are analog shoulder triggers, battery life, and brighter screen.

what good would analog triggers be, since it only accepts digital trigger input

#10 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

well I'm not into driving games but I'm sure those that are wish the triggers were analog and that they would work.

#11 Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cloud Windfoot Omega

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

well I'm not into driving games but I'm sure those that are wish the triggers were analog and that they would work.

the os still only accepts  digital triggers, plus who would code for a 3rd party device that almost no one will have?

#12 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I think you are missing the point and the original question.

#13 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

"Using a third party Gamepad isn't going to void the warranty. That said I think its unlikely there will be any released."

Anything that doesn't have the Ninty seal voids warranties. Not that it matters; I doubt Nintendo can tell you have used a third-party gamepad.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

"Using a third party Gamepad isn't going to void the warranty. That said I think its unlikely there will be any released."
Anything that doesn't have the Ninty seal voids warranties. Not that it matters; I doubt Nintendo can tell you have used a third-party gamepad.

I don't know where you got that from but no it doesn't. The only way one would void the warranty is if one opened up the hardware to make modifications. Simply using a third party accessory of any kind does in no way void the warranty.

#15 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

I believe Sony have made one its called the VITA.

#16 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't know where you got that from but no it doesn't. The only way one would void the warranty is if one opened up the hardware to make modifications. Simply using a third party accessory of any kind does in no way void the warranty.

eh, you're probably right.

Not that I really care. I'd use third-party accessories any day.

#17 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

I think a 3rd party pad would be great when they run an update hat allows more than one pad when playing.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

I think a 3rd party pad would be great when they run an update hat allows more than one pad when playing.

In that situation I rather get another official one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!