Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

GameInformer posted an article on their website asking their readers to comment on their most powerful memory from playing The Legend of Zelda. I've decided to ask the same question to you, my fellow forum members.

The first time I ever played a Zelda game was in 2005, when my older cousin lent me his copy of The Minish Cap for the GameBoy Advance. Back then, I wasn't very good at video games. I would often play a game as far as I could, and then ask the same cousin to beat it for me. Minish cap was no different, I could make it to the last dungeon(if that far), then I let my cousin take control. After a while I had to return it to him. I asked him a few years after that, when I was more skilled at Zelda and games in general, if I could borrow it again. However, he told me his nephew(who was very young at the time), had lost it.

My most powerful Zelda memory is from last year. My family was out of town because my sister had a doctors appointment. My dad took me by GameStop, where I found a preowned copy of Minish Cap. I had been checking my local GameStop for a copy of it for months, so needless to say I was excited to finally find it. I had also brought my DSlite with me for the trip, so the first thing I did when we got back to the hotel room was play the crap out of that thing. A few days latter I managed to beat Minish Cap for the first time on my own, with no help.
Posted Image

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

My first experience was The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of, said to be the best Zelda game of all time!
Anyway, my favorite part was being able to ride on Epona, then all the beautiful music surrounding my music in superb quality with it's magnificent tone. I love The LoZ: OoT.

Edited by nintendo3DS, 09 September 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

Watching the ending of Twilight Princess, mainly because I loved that game and I wanted to cry when I was watching the ending.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Beating the last boss in Link's Awakening DX, the music before you get into the "lair" is amazing and beating him is also pretty awesome.

The part after the Credit with the Windfish kinda moved something in me.

#5 akkaarrh

akkaarrh

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

I remember getting to the first bosses in Link to the Past, the Armos Knights. My conversation with my mother proceeded as such.
"MOM!"
"Yeah, hun?"
"COME HERE AND LOOK AT THIS BOSS!"
She would then walk in, look at the screen, roll her eyes, and walk away. This continued to happen through each subsequent boss fight.

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

As someone who's relatively new to the Legend of Zelda, I don't have many memories. However, when I first saw the Kokiri Forest in 3D at the start of Ocarina of Time, I felt that I was starting a very special game. That would probably be my most powerful memory so far. Hopefully, it won't be too long until I can say that defeating Ganondorf is my most powerful Zelda memory.

#7 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

My most powerful memory would have to be the credits of Ocarina of Time 3D (Before the ending)...
Spoiler

So..... beautiful! *cries*

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 10 September 2011 - 03:04 AM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#8 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:13 AM

Well, like many others mine is with Ocarina of time.

When I was four, I 'played' ocarina of time on my mum's Nintendo 64 (I say played, I mainly made link run around in circles in Kokiri Forest while my sisters whined about wanting to play Mario Kart) so I'd play for a while and any time an enemy would scare me I'd drop the controller and call for my mum because I was scared, so a few years later, I was 6 and ready to take on all the challenges Ocarina of Time had to offer and there was one moment that always scared me in the spirit temple when the LikeLike would fall from the sky.
-Fast forward 8 years-
I finally had Ocarina of Time 3D! Launch day I was playing it and when I got to the spirit temple again and the LikeLike fell from the sky I had an uncontrollable feeling of nostalgia wash over me and I just stopped looking at the game (needless to say the LikeLike owned me) and thought about how there was never a point in my life where I hadn't played ocarina of time for over a year, every year since I was six I had played ocarina of time and it had almost became second nature to me yet nothing felt boring or the same, it was always fresh and new for me every time I played it, I still had difficulty with the puzzles and enemies, the dungeons still scared me somewhat and it always felt like a great game. That was the moment I realised what the magic of Ocarina of Time is.
Posted Image

#9 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:33 AM

I change my mind after playing a certain part of Twilight Princess:
Spoiler

OK, maybe 2nd most powerful memory.
Posted Image

#10 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Spoiler

I played through twilight princess with a friend (A friend who fancied Midna, which I never understood but each to their own I guess) and she cried at the scene before it
Spoiler

She also cried when I called her an idiot for going through the whole of the Temple of Time and forgetting to pick up the boss key, that's one of the great moments for me as well I guess.

Edited by Makar, 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Despite the fact that I've really been into the Zelda series for over 10 years, my most precious memories of the series are Twilight Princess.

That seems odd, I know. I'd have to give a life story to explain why, but I'll just leave it at the fact that late 2006/early 2007 was both a very special time of my life, and also the point right before my life went through drastic changes that literally turned my whole world upside down.

Twilight Princess was the one video game I really played at that point in time. Therefore, it is incredibly nostalgic to me. I love the game (nostalgia aside), but it is really quite painful to play through it or even just listen to music from it because it really takes me back to that time. =/

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

She also cried when I called her an idiot for going through the whole of the Temple of Time and forgetting to pick up the boss key, that's one of the great moments for me as well I guess.

LOL. XD

That seems odd, I know. I'd have to give a life story to explain why, but I'll just leave it at the fact that late 2006/early 2007 was both a very special time of my life, and also the point right before my life went through drastic changes that literally turned my whole world upside down.

Let me guess.... puberty?
Posted Image

#13 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Let me guess.... puberty?

No... I was just about to turn 18 (like a week or two away) when I got Twilight Princess.

Spoiler

Anyway, back on-topic. ^_^

Edited by Envy, 10 September 2011 - 11:51 AM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#14 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Playing ocarina of time while listening to silverchairs neon ballroom everytime i hear a song off that album i think of oot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!