Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

While Dreamfall Chapters has been in development for the PC and PS4, Nintendo was secretly working behind the scenes to get this game on Wii U. EDGE magazine has confirmed Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, is indeed coming to Wii U. More details past the link. 

Red Thread founder and creative director, Ragnar Tornquist, told EDGE that Nintendo approached them about the game last year. Nintendo and Red Thread communicated and got a Wii U dev kit to get the game up and running on Wii U, complete with Gamepad functionality.

“Nintendo approached us last autumn, immediately after Dreamfall Chapters was announced – they were, in fact, the first console manufacturer to do so. At that point, however, we weren’t ready to make any commitments regarding engine and platforms, so we decided to wait. We got back in touch with Nintendo in late May of this year, and they were very interested in working with us.”

The studio has just received its first Wii U dev kit, and is still in the process of getting the game up and running on Wii U. It is aiming to release Dreamfall Chapters on Nintendo’s home console complete with Gamepad functionality. “So far, they’ve been very helpful and supportive, and it’s been a painless and surprisingly rapid process.”

I remember hearing some users on the internet say this game is too graphically enhanced for Wii U, and the system can’t handle it. That’s why there is a little something called optimization folks.

Did I mention the Wii U can run Unity 4?

Source: http://playeressence...rmed-for-wii-u/

Signature_DK.png

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wats The game about?

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Wats The game about?

http://en.wikipedia....amfall_Chapters

Signature_DK.png

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I remember this game, people were trolling Wii U owners saying the game couldn't run on the Wii U and all that crap. This article is literally a slap in their face.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

I remember this game, people were trolling Wii U owners saying the game couldn't run on the Wii U and all that crap. This article is literally a slap in their face.

Exactly. What does EA,Squeenix,and the rest have to say in their defense now?

Signature_DK.png

#6 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

i remember looking at this during its kickstarter and the concept seems interesting even though I have never played the other games.  It caught my attention and I'm glad Wii U has been confirmed.  Now it's a toss up between me buying the Wii U version or PC if i decide to go for it..

Edited by Ocarina of Time, 27 July 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#7 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

“So far, they’ve been very helpful and supportive, and it’s been a painless and surprisingly rapid process.”

This to me means that developers are lazy. If they could do it so could everyone else.

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

i remember looking at this during its kickstarter and the concept seems interesting even though I have never played the other games.  It caught my attention and I'm glad Wii U has been confirmed.  Now it's a toss up between me buying the Wii U version or PC if i decide to go for it..

If its a solid job (which, seeing how involved nintendos been with this, like they want it to be the poster child of unity4 on wii u or something, i think it will be solid). Playing on the couch or in bed on the gamepad would really seal the deal for me

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

If its a solid job (which, seeing how involved nintendos been with this, like they want it to be the poster child of unity4 on wii u or something, i think it will be solid). Playing on the couch or in bed on the gamepad would really seal the deal for me

we shall see!

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Never heard of this Saga, but this looks interesting and I'm glad its coming to the WIi U. Do I need the others to play this one though?

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

Never heard of this Saga, but this looks interesting and I'm glad its coming to the WIi U. Do I need the others to play this one though?

You dont NEED to play them, but nods references and homages to earlier entries will literally be around every corner.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Did I mention the Wii U can run Unity 4?

Source: http://playeressence...rmed-for-wii-u/

Have you seen the demo for Unity 4? It's pretty crazy... Oh, and the graphics are good, too.

Seriously, those graphics look pixar quality.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!