#1 GreenPenInk

GreenPenInk

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Reads like a wishlist of most Zelda fans.  Yeah, odds are it's complete unicorn tongue but imagine if even half of these things were true.  :wub:

http://www.gamefaqs....-wii-u/66832961

Zelda Wii U planned to be announced at E3 2014.

Information has surfaced that Zelda Wii U will be announced at E3 2014. A variety of points about the game has leaked from NDA interviews between Aonuma and various Japanese game magazines that enquired about it at E3.

> The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. The Tech Demo was actually footage from a pre-Alpha version.

> The game is a direct sequel to Twilight Princess.

> The game will be Open World. The player will be able to explore a vast and seamless Hyrule. Around 70% of the development team are solely working on content to fill this Open World. The aim is to make it full of content and have more side-quests, sub-dungeons, and collectibles than any past 3D Zelda.

> Motion controls have been dropped. The game will use the Wii U Game Pad and build off the controls of the GameCube version of Twilight Princess. There will be heavy use of the Game Pad screen in a variety of unique ways.

> There are 10 dungeons. You can play the first five in any order, and when all are complete, you can play the later five in any order. The game now features a term Aonuma calls "Parallel Dungeons". You will have to multi-task between all 5 dungeons to complete them. Solving puzzles in one dungeon will open doors and change the layout of another. Aonuma states that playing through all 5 dungeons simultaneously will feel like one giant Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time).

> Princess Zelda will have a deep involvement in the story. Princess Zelda didn't get much development in Twilight Princess, but many fans have said they loved her detailed costume design. Aonuma wants to rectify this issue by making her character as complex as her elaborate clothes.

> The game began development in Q1 2010, almost two years before Skyward Sword was released. It was being made by a different team than the one that developed Skyward Sword. However, the staff of Skyward Sword have now joined the development head count on Zelda Wii U.

> The game will be the directorial debut of Satoru Takizawa. He previously served as Art Director of Twilight Princess. Aonuma personally feels that, due to Takizawa's experience being in charge of the visuals of Twilight Princess, he's the most qualified staff member to direct a realistic Zelda. Takizawa has worked on every 3D Zelda game since OoT. He designed Ganondorf and all the bosses in OoT, all the bosses in MM, Ganondorf and the Moblin in TWW, and didn't do much on SS as he was moved off the project midway to direct the next realistic Zelda.

> Online co-op that functions like a 3D version of Four Swords is being included as a separate multiplayer feature. The mode will have paid DLC content. This will be in the form of dungeons, powerful enemies, new items, and unique tunics.

> Regarding the scale of the Open World, Aonuma is aiming for it to be on par with Skyrim.

> All the NPCs will be voiced. They will speak in a fictional language that will represent Hylian.

> Aonuma states that the game will definitely be announced in 2014. E3 is the most likely venue, not a Nintendo Direct.

zeldasig.jpg

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Skyrim Zelda FTW! :D

Although this stuff is rumors even Nintendo said the game will be less linear so that's good.

Edited by SaturnDaOPGaymFreak, 27 July 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I really hope the no motion controls part is true.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#4 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Reads like a wishlist of most Zelda fans.  Yeah, odds are it's complete unicorn tongue but imagine if even half of these things were true.  :wub:

http://www.gamefaqs....-wii-u/66832961

Zelda Wii U planned to be announced at E3 2014.

Information has surfaced that Zelda Wii U will be announced at E3 2014. A variety of points about the game has leaked from NDA interviews between Aonuma and various Japanese game magazines that enquired about it at E3.

> The game is using the E3 2011 Tech Demo graphics. The Tech Demo was actually footage from a pre-Alpha version.
So should it look better than what we saw?
Oh god no
> The game will be Open World. The player will be able to explore a vast and seamless Hyrule. Around 70% of the development team are solely working on content to fill this Open World. The aim is to make it full of content and have more side-quests, sub-dungeons, and collectibles than any past 3D Zelda.
This sounds very cool!
> Motion controls have been dropped. The game will use the Wii U Game Pad and build off the controls of the GameCube version of Twilight Princess. There will be heavy use of the Game Pad screen in a variety of unique ways.
Why???
> There are 10 dungeons. You can play the first five in any order, and when all are complete, you can play the later five in any order. The game now features a term Aonuma calls "Parallel Dungeons". You will have to multi-task between all 5 dungeons to complete them. Solving puzzles in one dungeon will open doors and change the layout of another. Aonuma states that playing through all 5 dungeons simultaneously will feel like one giant Water Temple (from Ocarina of Time).
Sounds tedious but we'll see
> Princess Zelda will have a deep involvement in the story. Princess Zelda didn't get much development in Twilight Princess, but many fans have said they loved her detailed costume design. Aonuma wants to rectify this issue by making her character as complex as her elaborate clothes.
Meh
> The game began development in Q1 2010, almost two years before Skyward Sword was released. It was being made by a different team than the one that developed Skyward Sword. However, the staff of Skyward Sword have now joined the development head count on Zelda Wii U.
meh
> The game will be the directorial debut of Satoru Takizawa. He previously served as Art Director of Twilight Princess. Aonuma personally feels that, due to Takizawa's experience being in charge of the visuals of Twilight Princess, he's the most qualified staff member to direct a realistic Zelda. Takizawa has worked on every 3D Zelda game since OoT. He designed Ganondorf and all the bosses in OoT, all the bosses in MM, Ganondorf and the Moblin in TWW, and didn't do much on SS as he was moved off the project midway to direct the next realistic Zelda.
Interesting
> Online co-op that functions like a 3D version of Four Swords is being included as a separate multiplayer feature. The mode will have paid DLC content. This will be in the form of dungeons, powerful enemies, new items, and unique tunics.
As long as solo experience is focus
> Regarding the scale of the Open World, Aonuma is aiming for it to be on par with Skyrim.
Would Like to see larger but ok
> All the NPCs will be voiced. They will speak in a fictional language that will represent Hylian.
This is fine with me, though english language voice acting go go die in a ditch
> Aonuma states that the game will definitely be announced in 2014. E3 is the most likely venue, not a Nintendo Direct.

A release of 2015-2016 will make me a happy chappy.

Edited by AdmiralClassy, 27 July 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#5 IvyT

IvyT

Blooper

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • NNID:IvyTamwood
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Wow did Nintendo get inside my head and found out all the stuff I wanted from a Zelda game?

Is this a dream??? I can't believe this, if this is true, this might be one of the best, if not the best, Zelda game ever.

978478ba3d3649b2a57100410081a33a-d3aghdp

Now Playing: Super Mario Galaxy (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

NNID: IvyTamwood PSN: Regithiel

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Just look how pretty MK8 looks... They're going to make it beautiful.

Edited by Blake, 27 July 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Please be true. Only issue i seen is i bleave the zelda lead guy said somethine about using a new different artstile, not sure if true or a rumor.

Skyrim sized hyrule with subdungens. Makes me think skyrim with much more variation. Aka it doesnt get dull and repetive as fast, also hope the game cam keep going content wise after the main stories completion. I hope the variation stays true unlike skyrim

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Direct sequal to twilight princess? AW HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

I really hope the no motion controls part is true.

Its not. None of it is. Thank goodness.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

The very first thing in the list and I already call fakes!!! The Tech Demo was a freaking CGI show... 

Navi was in the Tech Demo

Screw it, I call BS and i haven't even gotten to the 3rd point yet!

Edit: now that i have read it all and went on the website, it just sounds like some 13 year old writing a list down, the source is literally some random dude on a website.

Edited by Chrop, 27 July 2013 - 02:11 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Direct sequal to twilight princess? AW HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not? I quite enjoyed Twilight Princess.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Why do people hate on Twilight Princess so much? As much as people love to hate on that game, it was a solid 9 dungeon Zelda game that did a lot of unique things, and was certainly a hell of a lot better than Skyward Sword's horribly designed dungeons and overworld were. :| 

It seems like they're mixing the right balance of old with the new in the sense that they're bringing back the idea that you don't need to solve dungeons in order (like from Zelda 1), which is pretty awesome. Plus, on top of that it sounds like all of the dungeons are going to become one gigantic puzzle, which is pretty much just what the Zelda series is built on.

If any of this is true, I will be a very happy happy Zelda fan. (Especially if Zelda is going to be a big part of the story now. ^_^ The story of SS was beautifully written, due in large part to how well Zelda was portrayed. I'm glad that this rumor is at least pointing towards this being a continued direction. ^_^)

Edited by Mignaga, 27 July 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

This could only be more obviously fake if they said it was coming to PS2.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hopefully after the next wave of games come out, we can put this garbage that Wii U isn't nextgen/barely keeping up with 360 garbage to bed for good.... Honestly I'm pretty impressed with the "crappy ports" that I've seen.....

Just look how pretty MK8 looks... They're going to make it beautiful.

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Skyward sword was meh to me. It had lots of great ideas but i hated how it played, felt, ect. Upgradeable equitment, some of the events, ect. Level design was okay, not great, but not terrable. Id be happy with a twilight sequal, liked that game alot more than skyward sword, but i do hope they bring over some of the good ideas.

#16 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Sounds a little too perfect to be true, but if it is, that's great. Only thing I disagree with is no motion controls. They should atleast be optional because of how good they were in SS.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Sounds a little too perfect to be true, but if it is, that's great. Only thing I disagree with is no motion controls. They should atleast be optional because of how good they were in SS.

You cant make them optional if you want them anywhere close to as good as they were in skyward sword.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Would be nice for some of this espicially the realism of tp. Hack beaten it yet tho. Need to transfer the data to my wiiu but hav no internet...

#19 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I hate motion controls.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

I hate motion controls.

Fortunately for you they are making a zelda on the 3ds too.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!