Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Amazon has listed Wind Waker HD at $50 

Seems about what everyone was expecting the price to be, which may be disappointing for those who already own the game.

But the real interesting part is that in the description list of game features it says "Take on a new difficulty level". So it appears as if they added in a Wind Waker Masterquest mode

If this turns out to be the case would this mode persuade those of you who werent planning on getting it to purchase it?

http://www.ign.com/a...difficulty-mode

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B002I0GF72/

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Amazon is listing a lot of new games at $50 lately

If it was everywhere, then it would be a better deal, despite a harder mode, it's still a remake

Edited by Amanda Bynes, 30 July 2013 - 04:32 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

A Masterquest would definitely sell me on the game. Really loved OoT3D's Masterquest. To me, that MasterQuest set the standard for following 3D Zeldas, not the original game.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#4 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Drop it to $40, and I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I wouldn't mind if its really $50 cause its a remake of a 10 yearold game.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

I would gladly pay $60 dollars for this game, even though I have the original, because this is my favorite game of all time.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

The graphical update, upgraded controls, and streamlined triforce quest wasn't enough to make me buy it, but a master quest would totally do it though.  I was also also expecting it to cost $60.  If this is all true, consider me persuaded.

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

$50 is still too much for me. If it were $30 or less, then I might consider it. I love Wind Waker, but not enough to pay for a pretty port with nothing but graphics and other minor things altered.

#9 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think its just the overall difcultly, not a master quest. I think $40 is enough for a remake. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#10 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I agree with the majority, $40 is the best price. I still have the original. Honestly it's the same game.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Should of been thirty dollars, too much for a game that barely got updated. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 deButtho

deButtho

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Warrior

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

I just pre ordered it, as well as Super Mario 3D Worlds. It may be a remake, but I loved Wind Waker, and can't wait to see the facelift it got.

#13 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I am ashamed to admit that even though I loved this game on the GameCube, I never completed it. Mostly due to that whole water traveling nonsense. That was just dumb, requiring you to sail across an ocean to grab things. I also don't care for flying in Skyward Sword. That was also dumb.

On the plus side, I actually completed Skyward Sword. Even though the flying was a major deterrent for me.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I am ashamed to admit that even though I loved this game on the GameCube, I never completed it. Mostly due to that whole water traveling nonsense. That was just dumb, requiring you to sail across an ocean to grab things. I also don't care for flying in Skyward Sword. That was also dumb.

On the plus side, I actually completed Skyward Sword. Even though the flying was a major deterrent for me.

Apparently the sailing in this version is much less tedious. The main reason why it was such a pain in the original was due to hardware limitations at the time. With the Wii U being far more powerful its not such an issue anymore.

#15 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

I would have bought at $50 if the water effects were better updated and it added some new features. It seems like it's going to be a rushed remake.

Edited by Abcdude, 01 August 2013 - 10:01 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#16 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

I would have bought at $50 if the water effects were better update. It seems like it's going to be a rushed remake.

What the heck are you even talking about? Seriously, I'm completely lost here. You weren't expecting realistic water were you? If so, you're completely missing the point Like, entirely missing it. Not just by a little, but if you were shooting an arrow at a target you'd be firing it in the opposite direction of said target.

Edited by Phanto, 01 August 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#17 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think it should be cheaper since it is just a graphically updated version. But I will still pay the full price since I missed out on this game when it was on Gamecube (I was too busy playing PS2).

#18 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

If it was $30 I'd buy it right away. But I can't really complain about the $50 price that much.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#19 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people on this forum think $40 is the fair price, because remaking a 11 year old game just doesn't require a lot of effort when all you've done is basically just improve the graphics a bit. I never really even liked Wind Waker that much the traveling on a boat was pretty boring and repetitive. I wish they remade Ocarina of Time. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 02 August 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#20 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

I'm still hoping/wondering if they'll allow for inverted movement controls, which the original did not and I couldn't play it as a result.  That said, if they do and it looks awesome, I'm probably in around $25.  Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), most of my new release money this holiday season will be going into the PS4 and XBOX 1. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!