Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Nintendolife

“In order to ship at the same time as the other consoles, we unfortunately weren’t able to delve into this feature. But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles.”

As long as the Wii U version still has online co-op, i don't see this as a big loss. Even thought i've never played any of the Splinter Cell games, the fact that Ubisoft are trying their best to not make Wii U owners feel left out was enough to convince me to buy this game just to support it.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

and they wonder why no one buys the wii u version, we get screwed over for no reason

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Eh...while this is sad, I don't think it's as huge of a deal breaker as Arkham Origins losing its online multiplayer functions.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wait for all the excuses like lazy developers.

2lvmghw.png

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

This is getting rediculous. Since I can see the future, I see them saying in a press conference next year "We are not continuing developing for Wii U because our half assed game missing features other versions had while still being priced the same didnt sell well"
Gues that's one less game I'm buying this year...

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Their basically telling us that their giving up on the Wii U, like all the other devs, I mean why is the PS4 and the Xbox 1 getting both Collector's Editions of Watch Dogs & AC4. Their giving up, its over. They really wanna dethrown Nintendo with this console.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

This is Ubisoft's REAL quote:

"Yeah...um...hi. We at Ubisoft regret to inform the Wii U community who at first we loved, but now don't care about anymore that we wont be able to bring offline co-op to the Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist. We didn't feel like making it. But, it doesn't matter because even though A LOT of people loved TV/Gamepad play I dont think anyone will miss it. Again, we're very sorry. Well, actually...not so much. Oh, you will need to excuse me. I need to finish the more important PS3, Xbox 360, and PC versions. You understand. Ta-ta :)

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

Their basically telling us that their giving up on the Wii U, like all the other devs, I mean why is the PS4 and the Xbox 1 getting both Collector's Editions of Watch Dogs & AC4. Their giving up, its over. They really wanna dethrown Nintendo with this console.

No...
Also, watch dogs dedsec and two other versions are available to pre-order for 360, ps3, wii u, xbox 1 and ps4.
Asscreed4 I haven't looked into at all, but I know the wii u has special editions same as the others.

"But we think Nintendo gamers will be really excited to get the game at the same time as other consoles.”
So they're aware of the issue then?
Because the last 10 years it seemed like they didn't understand that we wanted a similar product at the same time as other consoles got.
It's sad that they think levelling the playing field is a positive point worthy of excitement.

Edited by Nollog, 03 August 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Dev's are getting more and more lazy every day

794144.png?13383682

#10 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Funny how local multiplayer isn't on the version on a Nintendo system of all things. I guess this official trailer created by Ubisoft on Nintendo's Youtube about the co-op mode was wrong.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

...if you simply didnt have time, then add it in a patch.

#12 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Guys. We should support Ubisoft anyways. They're like the only major 3rd Party to support Nintendo in these dark eras. Besides, they added GamePad functionality and supposedly better optimization. If we don't support them, it's gonna be the Wii all over again.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#13 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:41 AM

We should consider ourselves lucky that we are even getting any games from 3rd parties at this point. 

#14 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:53 AM

Reading the interview I'm a little confused. So basically we are getting online multiplayer and online co-operative play... but no offline co-operative play. What is the difference besides the obvious? Does it just mean you can't have one player on the gamepad and another playing with a wii-mote on the same Wii U system but that if you both had Wii U's and linked up online you could play the co-operative missions? 

Edit: Also just to chime in RE the emotive side to these announcements and say that I don't think we should be grovelling and snapping up any old inferior version of a game. If a 3rd party developer makes an effort to bring a good game to Wii U and ensure they've put the time in to make it as good as it can be I'm happy to buy. For example Need for Speed: Most Wanted by Criterion or the forthcoming Deus Ex port which I've pre-ordered. But I find it extremely hard to be happy enough to pay out for a game I know the developers nerfed and were unwilling to put any time into just because it was for the Wii U. In the case of Splinter Cell it's not necessarily the case and I will wait and see. 

Edited by Sargiel, 04 August 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#15 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

I have heard a few things about this games over the months & i did cancel my pre-order for this for my WiiU, this seems that i did the right thing, if i want the game i would do better to buy the game for either my X360 or PS3 it will be the same price or cheaper but it will have the full package unlike the WiiU version, this just gives people another reason not to buy the game for the WiiU, i am now very worried about the WiiU version of Watch Dogs i have the WiiU DeadSec version on order but i think i will also order the X360 DeadSec version, if there is anything missing at all from the WiiU version then i'll cancel it.

Guys. We should support Ubisoft anyways. They're like the only major 3rd Party to support Nintendo in these dark eras. Besides, they added GamePad functionality and supposedly better optimization. If we don't support them, it's gonna be the Wii all over again.

why, i can buy the game for either my PS3 or X360 for the same price or less & it will have all the features, nobody is going to pay more for less, i would think that most people who have a WiiU will also have either a PS3 or X360, so they will buy the game for those & not bother with the WiiU version.

#16 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

...if you simply didnt have time, then add it in a patch.

Exactly. I asked them on Twitter about the possibility (not expecting a reply though). Since the Wii U version has been in development for less time, the bigger priority for them was to release it on the same day. Considering the last few months of development are used making and shipping the physical games, maybe they are doing a day 1 patch for it. This is just me speculating though.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#17 wombateer

wombateer

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • NNID:wombateer
  • Fandom:
    Splinter Cell.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I can see a patch sometime after launch. At's least it's online. 

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

Exactly. I asked them on Twitter about the possibility (not expecting a reply though). Since the Wii U version has been in development for less time, the bigger priority for them was to release it on the same day. Considering the last few months of development are used making and shipping the physical games, maybe they are doing a day 1 patch for it. This is just me speculating though.

The liklihood of us getting a patch hinges on 2 things,

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

This is a tough decision Ubisoft had to make.

On one hand, wii u owners are tired of being treated like poo by recieving ports months late. Multi console wii u owners, simply buy the ps360 version at that point.

On the other hand, wii u owners are tired of being treated like poo by recieving sub quality ports with less features. Typically involving lack of online multi, so this is a bit of a switch.

I personally, am going to have to agree with ubi, that this is making the best out of a bad situation.

If this is a dealbreaker for you, take to miiverse and let ubi know.

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

On one hand, wii u owners are tired of being treated like poo by recieving ports months late. Multi console wii u owners, simply buy the ps360 version at that point.

On the other hand, wii u owners are tired of being treated like poo by recieving sub quality ports with less features. Typically involving lack of online multi, so this is a bit of a switch.

I personally, am going to have to agree with ubi, that this is making the best out of a bad situation.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

you are double right.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#20 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

1. wii u version sales.
2. people asking for it.

Splitscreen isn't a dealbreaker, but the fact that they advertised split screen on the Wii U version in the co-op trailer, and the fact that the reason for taking it out was due to release makes me think that they might add it back in at some point, because I have a feeling that they wouldn't just remove a feature for no good reason.(cough Batman Arkham Origins cough)

KtOSpy7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!