Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Apple is expected to unveil its next iPhone at a special event on Sept. 10, sources told AllThingsD.

The launch comes at an important time for Apple, which continues to make a lot of money from the iPhone but has seen its global market share dip amid a growing wave of lower-cost Android devices as well as an intense battle with archrival Samsung.

http://allthingsd.co...g-iphone-event/

Ew, Iphones 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

Oh yeah great, another copy and paste iPhone. 

#3 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

I have a 4s Im waiting for the 6 before I upgrade

Posted Image

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

I have a 4s Im waiting for the 6 before I upgrade

You do realize it's the exact same phone but thinner, right? 

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

You do realize it's the exact same phone but thinner, right? 

you do realize that the 6 wont be out for awhile there releasing the 5s next Im going to wait for the 6 rumor has it the 6 will have the curved glass technology.

Posted Image

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

You guys disappoint me I thought there would be a "APPLE SUCKS" comment by now.

LordPickleton.png

#7 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

I actually like iOS but I prefer Android.

My thinly-veiled APPLE SUCKS comment.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:59 AM

Can't wait for the new iPhone. I'm stuck with the 4.

I tried s4. It sucks. Big screen is nice though. But cumbersome sometimes.

But iPhone is. Better device even in older iterations.

Hyped for iPhone 6. But will prob have to go through the 5s first.

#9 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

These guys should stop wasting time and resources to put out a product every year.  It probably contributes to the amount of trash and waste that goes into our environment.  We all know that as time goes by, technology gets better - but we seriously don't need an update every year just because they can push some other fancy feature that the majority might find useless.  Think of it this way - do we need a game company like Nintendo to release a new console every year because they improved something?  I hope there is some sanity left in people that will agree that we don't need a yearly upgrade.

#10 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

These guys should stop wasting time and resources to put out a product every year.  It probably contributes to the amount of trash and waste that goes into our environment.  We all know that as time goes by, technology gets better - but we seriously don't need an update every year just because they can push some other fancy feature that the majority might find useless.  Think of it this way - do we need a game company like Nintendo to release a new console every year because they improved something?  I hope there is some sanity left in people that will agree that we don't need a yearly upgrade.

Apple actually updates the least of all the cell phone manufacturers. And up until now, it's only been one phone per update. Meanwhile, Samsung, Nokia, NYC, etc. push out tons of crap every year to try to get an edge. Apple will always update at least once per year to keep making sure they stay the best. As it is, 9 months after each iPhone launch, competitors finally catch up and apple has to put them in their place again. So they aren't the culprit here.

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Apple actually updates the least of all the cell phone manufacturers. And up until now, it's only been one phone per update. Meanwhile, Samsung, Nokia, NYC, etc. push out tons of crap every year to try to get an edge. Apple will always update at least once per year to keep making sure they stay the best. As it is, 9 months after each iPhone launch, competitors finally catch up and apple has to put them in their place again. So they aren't the culprit here.

Finally catch up? In case you haven't noticed, Apple is taking a LOT of design choices on the OS side for iOS 7 from Android. The two share a lot off of each other and it isn't all that bad, each phone runs differently from each other. As for the competitors finally catching up, that's totally why the HTC one is able to beat the pants off of the iphone 5, right?

As for this, I knew I should have told my sister to wait before upgrading her iPhone 3GS

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#12 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yeah, how is the HTC One selling?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Finally catch up? In case you haven't noticed, Apple is taking a LOT of design choices on the OS side for iOS 7 from Android. The two share a lot off of each other and it isn't all that bad, each phone runs differently from each other. As for the competitors finally catching up, that's totally why the HTC one is able to beat the pants off of the iphone 5, right?

As for this, I knew I should have told my sister to wait before upgrading her iPhone 3GS

Lol. Android itself is an iOS rip. as in the majority of the os. Just clunkier and uglier.

notification center is an obvious evolution. Not some genius idea.

And yes. Finally catching up. Android basically sucks. It's a mishmash of code and runs poorly compared to iOS on comparable hardware. Then there are apples custom CPUs. Which outperform the competition, clock for clock.

And you made my point with the Htc one. Thanks. Lol. Since it launched when exactly?... Around 9 months after iPhone 5? Exactly.

How about you compare the recently launched htc one to iPhone in a couple weeks and see how it does. That's more comparable. Oh that's right... It won't look so great then... Why? Because the iPhone once again shows it how things are done. For another 9 months.

Android is great for a free phone or if you just like to tinker with stuff for no reason. But for a smartphone that works reliably, fashionably, and consistently without anywhere near the threat of malware, hardware fragmentation, etc. and with a rock solid ecosystem behind it... In other words something that is the best there is at what it does, then for crying out loud, turn off the reality distortion field, get an iPhone and enjoy a superior experience. Sure it's fun to argue philosophies, etc. but at the end of the day, when you just want the best, do yourself a favor and grab the iPhone. You'll be glad you did.

That way, you'll have the best. Then when the others catch up, you can simply wait a month or two and snag the new iPhone which repeats the cycle all over again.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 27 August 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#14 stardust

stardust

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

I think to make my initial point clear, sure, there are other companies that do push out products way too much.  But since the initial poster talked about Apple, I just wrote this with Apple only in consideration since he wasn't talking about Samsung, Nokia, whatever else.

As far as I am concerned with the product getting outdated, yes, that always is a problem whenever you buy it new.  It will turn obsolete once you take that product home.  These guys are easily taking advantage of the market by not allowing their products to be modified.  I think the next big thing will be DIY machines that you can "expand" or upgrade features yourself if you choose to.  Hybrid Laptop/tablets I guess.

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

I think to make my initial point clear, sure, there are other companies that do push out products way too much.  But since the initial poster talked about Apple, I just wrote this with Apple only in consideration since he wasn't talking about Samsung, Nokia, whatever else.

As far as I am concerned with the product getting outdated, yes, that always is a problem whenever you buy it new.  It will turn obsolete once you take that product home.  These guys are easily taking advantage of the market by not allowing their products to be modified.  I think the next big thing will be DIY machines that you can "expand" or upgrade features yourself if you choose to.  Hybrid Laptop/tablets I guess.

I understand that you only meant apple.  But in reality, they are the least culpable.  Even though they make such popular products.

Beyond that, Apple has been earning numerous awards for the green initiatives and they are in fact one of the most environmentally responsible and eco-friendly tech companies in existence.

In addition, Apple products are mostly made of aluminum and glass.  Two highly recyclable materials.

if you had made this argument 5 years ago, it would have more impact.

But the reality is, Apple is very responsible.  They update rarely, but enough to stay ahead of competitors.  The materials used are perfect for recycling, and they even continue to make their third party suppliers eliminate damaging elements from their manufacturing.

Apple is not perfect.  Nor is any company.  And there is going to be a hit for manufacturing anything.

But they are doing an admirable job of producing world class products with a relatively low environmental footprint compared to anyone else that directly competes with them.

That's a definite plus.  not a minus.

This may be quite enlightening:

http://www.apple.com/environment/

Edited by Socalmuscle, 28 August 2013 - 09:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!