#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Every day im out here playing ducktales (on wii u)
Who is getting this today or later this week? Im trying to get it between my 2 jobs today wish me luck see ya in duckburg :D

#2 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Is that out today!? I thought it... well, crap. I won't have money to buy it until the 20th. :-( Stupid monies. And it being required for things.

I hope everyone who can get it today enjoys it! Let me know what you think of it and how it compares to the original. I loved the original!

#3 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Wii being broke. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I don't have any money till next week so I guess I'll be buying it then. Looking forward to it.

#5 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Just got it this morning. It's a blast to play, even though it can get really, REALLY tough. I dislike that enemies can respawn, and that cutscenes require a bit of hassle to skip. But I love it.

#6 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Broke until Thursday, but will purchase first chance I get.

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

cutscenes require a bit of hassle to skip

You literally have to press two buttons and it skips them. ._.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

You want to skip the cutscenes? But that's DuckTales! If you aren't fan of the show, then why are you playing the game dedicated to it?

Edited by TriplePower, 13 August 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#9 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

This game is so fun i loved the show as a kid but never played this game i still feel nostalgia so refreshing

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

You want to skip the cutscenes? But that's DuckTales! If you aren't fan of the show, then why are you playing the game dedicated to it?

They aren't so great the third time you've seen them.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I can't stand how you have to replay the whole level if you die at the boss!

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

I can't stand how you have to replay the whole level if you die at the boss!

Ha, ran out of lives my first time through the amazon, last one on the boss in a super lame goof.

All the way back.

MMMmmmm... Yeah, thats the pain... It hurts sooo gooooood.

Oh man at the original cast back and without missing a beat.
I honestly didnt know if Alan Young was still alive, this may be the last time he reprises the role of scrooge McDuck, but man, has he still got it. The whole cast does.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

Only on your first time? I died several times but eventually I got used to the controls (for some reason I found it hard to use the pogo stick the first few minutes) and the level became fairly easy. Maybe after I beat the game I'll try it on hard.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Only on your first time? I died several times but eventually I got used to the controls (for some reason I found it hard to use the pogo stick the first few minutes) and the level became fairly easy. Maybe after I beat the game I'll try it on hard.

I have beaten the original more times than I can count. Pogo-ing is literally permanently carved into my brain, (so much so I had to make sure 'hard' pogo was turned on), like the seaweed level of tmnt, or the vehicle levels of battle toads.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

I love watching the cutscenes, but I don't feel like watching all of them all over again after I replay a level after failing it.

I beat the game on medium difficulty with easy pogo two days ago. It's a really fun game, and after a while,  medium mode starts to get pretty easy. Bare the boss fights and final stage. I'll probably try hard mode next, but starting a new game deletes all your gallery unlocks. So I'll farm money in stages until I get them all.

P.S: Is anyone else's game freezing when they check the leaderboards? I've had the game lock up on me twice from this. I think it locks up while loading the third section.

#16 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

I love watching the cutscenes, but I don't feel like watching all of them all over again after I replay a level after failing it.

Yep, now that I have the game I see exactly what you mean. But it's not that bad some reviewers describe it (there are some really negative reviews out there).

#17 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'd love to buy this but stupid no monies

I think i'll be getting this on PC instead, though. Has anyone played the PC version and Wii U version? Any comparing?

794144.png?13383682

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:40 PM

I HAVE NO MONEY.

Job hunting ugh. I'll see what I can do after I buy books for college in two weeks though. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

I have some money from my summer job set aside so I could get a few games, like this.

It's pretty great so far, definitely a tad more difficult than I remember, but I only owned the GB version (It was one of my most played games, next to Donkey Kong GB).  So far I've beaten the Amazon and Transylvania in my spare time, I hope I can play it a bit more, I'm loving it.

It's great that the bosses aren't exactly the same, I almost game overed in the Amazon, but I was able to pick up on the pattern.  After my first playthrough, I'll try it again on hard (I'm on medium) to unlock the galleries.  I'm just wondering if this version has the varying endings based off your cash amount.

The only thing I'm not too fond of is the wubs in the Transylvania track, but I'll probably get used to it.

So far I can tell that the critics are full of crap, giving this game low scores.  If a game punishes you for failing, that shouldn't lower a score, damn auto and quick saves in new games.

#20 dustinb12

dustinb12

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    CM Punk, Zelda, Mario, Batman, ECW

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

yes!yes!yes! i saved my wii u points for this since it was announced and i love it. it's just beautiful. i've had the song stuck in my head for 48 hours straight. the slight toughness brings me back to the good old NES days. i knew it would be awesome but when uncle scrooge and the others actually spoke it blew my mind. A+ to Ducktales

Save the Deku trees!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!