• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Early last year there was A LOT of venom aimed at Ubisoft for obvious reasons.

Have we healed as a community? Will Ubi be getting any Wii U support for this title?

Just curious.

I don't have the cash because I am saving for my PS4, still playing Pikmin and have w101 waiting for me.

Edited by Dharmanator, 27 August 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

That blew over ages ago. I don't know a single person that still holds resentment to Ubisoft over that.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

Im mad but i understand it as a business i love ubisoft best game company to date so ill be supporting the game. Diablo 3 and rayman legends in one day! Sign me up

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Early last year? More like 4 months ago. Eh, I don't see the fuss. And it's not Rayman or even the creator's fault. It's just the CEO. Anyway the game has a 90/100 on metacritic atm, so it must be pretty stellar.

794144.png?13383682

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

I dont have time to waste on Rayman now. Much, MUCH larger more in depth games are competing for my very limited time.

Back in Febuary, absolutely nothing. Rayman would have had myundivided attention.

Now, its not even a blip on my radar.

Its not about forgiving, it was just a not good business decision. Ill probably end up picking it up used for 9 bucks during a droubt in a year or two.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Dunno why we have to forgive Rayman when it was Ubisoft making the decision.

But yeah, I never held a grudge against them in the first place.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

What did Rayman do?

#8 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

I personallly am putting my money towards 3rd party multiplats and exclusives first.  I want to show companies the Wii U is worth their time.  While I was really mad at first as mean my Wii U had to go one more month without getting played, they said they added a lot of content.  Also the game looks to be really good so I have forgiven them.

#9 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

Rayman did nothing wrong, the "Big tough guys" at ubisoft were the ones who caused the havock, don't really forgive them but I'm still buying the game to support the developers, they gave us challenge mode app which kept me busy a lot for a few months. Ya i like the developers.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#10 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

What did Rayman do?

He was referring to the controversial decision to delay it on the Wii U and release it multplat.

Signature_DK.png

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

I forgave Ubisoft ages ago.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

I dont have time to waste on Rayman now. Much, MUCH larger more in depth games are competing for my very limited time.

Back in Febuary, absolutely nothing. Rayman would have had myundivided attention.

Its not about forgiving, it was just a not good business decision. Ill probably end up picking it up used for 9 bucks during a droubt in a year or two.

Exactly... In February it was a no brainer and my wife really wanted it. But seriouslt between blacklist, pikmin 3, W101 and indie titles coming next month... I won't get it.

#13 Poptartboy

Poptartboy

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm getting it as its great and I loved the last one.

But I have to agree. It's not like the last one sold so great on Xbox and PS3.

Keeping it Wii U exclusive would have really helped the Wii U which would have helped Ubisofts other Wii U games.

If you are talking business decisions alone I'd say you should be looking to brining to other consoles 6-12 months later.

#14 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

I was pretty annoyed when it happened, because come on, that was a REALLY stupid decision, but I guess I forgive Ubi. Business stuff and all. Would've liked the game in February when I had the time to play it though.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'll be buying it shortly after launch. But I'm secretly hoping that the Playstation and Xbox ports have low enough sales that management regrets holding back the Wii U version. Very unlikely though...

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#16 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

It was a stupid business decision. As 3Dude, I would've picked it up easily at February. However, they decide to release the game when there are a bunch of others coming out at the same time frame. They'd better not complain about the low sales. I'll pick the game up sometime next year when it's in the bargain bin.

#17 The Halbird

The Halbird

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Ace Combat,

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'll most likely get it for Christmas. I'll want to pick up Wind waker HD and Watchdogs first, if possible.

#18 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

i forgave them after i heard watchdogs and AC4 was coming to the wii U.

bb0.gif

#19 Doc

Doc

Action Puzzle gamer ftw

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario,Sonic,Pokémon,Puzzle League.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

No, I don't like Rayman Origins or Legends at all. It doesn't feel like the first Rayman game. and I loved that style.

If you're too lazy to click on my profile, I am Pikmin Pie/Typical.

#20 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Too many games too little time but ill eventually get it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!