• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

I just read his interview on WIRED and he sounds so racist. So Japanese Elitist. He acted like the Japanese won WW2 literally. He called RPG's a "loser's genre". He told Steve Ballmer to suck his turkey (props to that one though).

Dude is most likely a total sociopath. Must have been terrifying to work with him. I usually say it in a joking manner, that yamauchi sent ninjas after Gunpei.... But in the back of my head Im never really sure Gunpei's death was an accident...

Although the 'wired' 'interview' 'pride' was actually a parody, which mixed in Some real quotes from Yamauchi, with a satirized script. He never told ballmer to suck his yellow balls, that part was satire. It was started by a website gamerah.com, which had put up these snippets of the supposed 'wired' interview.

The crazy thing is, he was so cartoonishly villain that its actually hard to distinguish some of the satire from the real thing.

Scary, scary man. Made a lot of enemies for nintendo.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

No one will admit business decisions months before they happen.

Decisions like this are kept in secret because any leak would cause even more damage.

And price didn`t really come down. They just stopped charging for the game that was bundled. No real price drop on the HW.

I do admit i`m surprised all of this didn`t come through a ND. Really surprised...

#23 ThePopiPenguin

ThePopiPenguin

Little Blue Penguin

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • NNID:PowpiPenguin
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo and Valve

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

But still 3Dude. Would Nintendo be in the place they are today without him? They would still be producing Hanafuda Cards (fun game nonetheless) and Atari would still be in the business along with SEGA and Microsoft (XBox was always bound to happen in some way) with their DreamCast 4 and MSXbox 360.

I mean, the man is a total psycho but would Nintendo be the Nintendo we know if he never came to be?

Dude is most likely a total sociopath. Must have been terrifying to work with him. I usually say it in a joking manner, that yamauchi sent ninjas after Gunpei.... But in the back of my head Im never really sure Gunpei's death was an accident...

Although the wired 'interview' 'pride' was actually a parody, which mixed in Some real quotes from Yamauchi, with a satirized script. He never told ballmer to suck his yellow balls, that part was satire.

The crazy thing is, he was so cartoonishly villain that its actually hard to distinguish some of the satire from the real thing.

Scary, scary man. Made a lot of enemies for nintendo.

NintNetwork: PowpiPenguin | Steam: PopiPenguin| LoL Philippines: PCD.Fencing.Cat |Guild Wars 2: Argath Stormseeker

"And on the first day, GabeN, our lord and saviour said: There shall be games!"

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

But still 3Dude. Would Nintendo be in the place they are today without him? They would still be producing Hanafuda Cards (fun game nonetheless) and Atari would still be in the business along with SEGA and Microsoft (XBox was always bound to happen in some way) with their DreamCast 4 and MSXbox 360.

I mean, the man is a total psycho but would Nintendo be the Nintendo we know if he never came to be?

Undoubtedly not. Though Im glad to finally be rid of him.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yamouchi did have an arrogance about himself when you look and the things he done in the past with the nes and snes control of content and dictatorship over third partys, the re-nig on the snes/sony playstaion deal then sticking with cartridge based gaming and making the n64 difficult to develop for to insure guality over quantiy (we saw how that worked out), even in the gameqube online was supposed to be supported but Yamouchi belived that online wasn't of an importance and they missed that oppourtunity.  Iwata gets my respect for what he had to endure and still is enduring when he was passed the chalice.  As 3Dude said he was left to clean up the mess.

#26 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

[Please ignore this post. The supposed "leak" was from 2011. It's fake.]

And once again I am probably spot regarding this. If you still have any doubts:

01Net's Fifth Nintendo Article: Iwata On The Ejection Seat

If we are to believe our source, the chairman of the board, Satoru Iwata, is now in very delicate position, if not on an ejection seat. Iwata is generally appreciated by the staff of the company, many employees worried about his fate. Also according to our source, the fact that he publicly assumed responsibility for a difficult start to the 3DS and voluntarily cut his salary in half may not be enough to save his place in the medium term.

After our interview, we could not stop us from asking what our source had indeed been as feverish motivate and unusual revelations. He replied almost verbatim: "It's sort of a political act. As an employee of Nintendo, I have dedicated my life to this company. Given the turn of things, many of us fear what the future holds. If I address you, because I think the players and the shareholders deserve to know what happens behind the scenes. I think they represent our best chance to drive the necessary changes to Nintendo finally takes radical decisions necessary to adapt to new market constraints. I do not think that the situation can continue long in that state. We must completely rethink our policy of cooperation with developers and publishers. We must offer them the means to give the best of themselves. They are more likely than ever to want to work with us, but the conditions we provide are for the time being the least favorable in the industry. I do not think they will stay very long if we do not make a decisive move in their direction."

"The difficulties are real, sometimes critical, and should not be underestimated. But if the necessary reforms are implemented, I believe that Nintendo will remain the leader in its field for much longer. No competitor has such a range of characters and franchises universally adored - to the envy of Disney - or such a capacity to create new ones, as strong in the future. Out a portable machine dedicated to the game but equipped with one analog stick in 2011 was a mistake. The fact that we have recognized, and we do what is necessary to remedy this, let me suggest that 3DS has before it many years of success.

Smartphones continue on their way, but I think it will exist long been a separate market for machines that care primarily of players.

As for the Wii U, despite its serious problems of development - you can be sure - will be resolved, it is probably the best idea we have had for ages.

The press, like players, do not seem to fully realize the potential of this revolutionary machine. It's a whole new way to create and play before us. And given the graphics quality achieved by the hardware of the present generation, I think the technical superiority of our future competitors in the market for machinery room will not weigh heavily in the balance, faced with what we will bring in terms of gameplay . U The Wii is the future of gaming. You will not soon realize it!"

Source: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=442539

Edited by Arkhandar, 29 August 2013 - 02:24 PM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

And once again I am probably spot regarding this. If you still have any doubts:
01Net's Fifth Nintendo Article: Iwata On The Ejection Seat

Source: http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=442539

1. Lol, come on dude, thats so incredibly fake.

2. Thats not a source, thats neogaf. The source is 01Nets 'leaker'.

3. Lol, come on dude. Seriously, this is going to hurt your argument far more than you think its going to help. The guy had 15 minutes if fame back in 2011 before everyone found out he was full of it.

Wait, You DO realize thats from 2011 right?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

I say this with respect but its time. I love iwata and believes he belongs somewhere in the company. He just doesn't understand the western gamer or market. He isn't willing to make the big decisions that might stwp out the box a little bit and help move the company forward. We need new management and let NOA loose a little bit and actually make decision that would benefit me.

#29 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

1. Lol, come on dude, thats so incredibly fake.

2. Thats not a source, thats neogaf. The source is 01Nets 'leaker'.

3. Lol, come on dude. Seriously, this is going to hurt your argument far more than you think its going to help. The guy had 15 minutes if fame back in 2011 before everyone found out he was full of it.

Wait, You DO realize thats from 2011 right?

Oh god, I completely overlooked the date. So did RMC from GoNintendo, since he posted it on the blog a couple of moments before I posted it here. I'm so embarrassed right now.

Nothing to see here guys, moving on.. :)

Posted Image

#30 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Oh god, I completely overlooked the date. So did RMC from GoNintendo, since he posted it on the blog a couple of moments before I posted it here. I'm so embarrassed right now.

Nothing to see here guys, moving on.. :)

lol, gaf shenanigans. Always pulling one over on the newsies.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#31 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Some of the people here that hope Iwata will leave really got to think, most likley the main reason for this is because you assume with a new president Nintendo will go back to the high tech hardware, most powerful console days. But that's very unlickly, Nintendo needs some changes but replacing Iwata is not that.

#32 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Some of the people here that hope Iwata will leave really got to think, most likley the main reason for this is because you assume with a new president Nintendo will go back to the high tech hardware, most powerful console days. But that's very unlickly, Nintendo needs some changes but replacing Iwata is not that.

Iwata basically saved Nintendo with the Wii and DS, Nintendo consoles hadn't been the best selling (or even second best) in two or three generations (except the gameboy), and Nintendo looked to be in pretty terrible shape at the time.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#33 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Iwata basically saved Nintendo with the Wii and DS, Nintendo consoles hadn't been the best selling (or even second best) in two or three generations (except the gameboy), and Nintendo looked to be in pretty terrible shape at the time.

He brought to the market an overpriced half-finished system that had several hardware/firmware flaws and a general lack of compelling software. A system that had no must-have games and didn't even come with an online store or a web browser for a whole 6 months after its release, the Nintendo 3DS. Thankfully, he managed to turn the tides around. 

Two years later, the exact same thing happened yet again with the Wii U, even after he had stated in many interviews that things would be different this time and that he had "learned from the bitter lessons of the Nintendo 3DS's launch". No compiling first-party software, an half-finished operating system with abysmal loading times and a  general lack of big multiplatform third party titles for a whole 6 months after launch. Sounds familiar?

He did an excellent job with reviving the company last gen, and I applaud him for that. The only problem I have with Iwata is that he though that brand alone would save a system, without really thinking about consumer satisfaction.

Edited by Arkhandar, 31 August 2013 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image

#34 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

He brought to the market an overpriced half-finished system that had several hardware/firmware flaws and a general lack of compelling software. A system that had no must-have games and didn't even come with an online store or a web browser for a whole 6 months after its release, the Nintendo 3DS. Thankfully, he managed to turn the tides around.

Two years later, the exact same thing happened yet again with the Wii U, even after he had stated in many interviews that things would be different this time and that he had "learned from the bitter lessons of the Nintendo 3DS's launch". No compiling first-party software, an half-finished operating system with abysmal loading times and a general lack of big multiplatform third party titles for a whole 6 months after launch. Sounds familiar?

He did an excellent job with reviving the company last gen, and I applaud him for that. The only problem I have with Iwata is that he though that brand alone would save a system, without really thinking about consumer satisfaction.

Yeah its frustrating to see as a nintendo fan. I only buy their systems so whatever happen I have to live with it. I just think we need fresh new blood in management. Nintendo is too afraid to make and take chances. I keep hearing about all this cash reserve they have and they don't do anything with it. We have Platinum makers of Bayo 2 and W101 begging to be bought wants to be 2nd party and wants to do something with starfox an IP we haven't seen in 10 years or so... I'm willing to bet Nintendo laughs it off... Like they don't need another studio that can bring them more core content.... If you aren't going to make your console spec for spec as strong as the competition then at least get more studios than can bring more contewnt so we won't have droughts at certain parts of the year. What are they spending this money on?

Edited by GAMER1984, 31 August 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Satoru Iwata, Iwata, Wii U, Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo Direct, Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!